PDA

View Full Version : You all laughed at me when I said 100 million

max
11-14-2007, 04:59 AM
I'm sticking to my guns....

If this thing goes BEYOND our circle, the sky is the limit.

We already had mentions of the Tea Party on CNN and CBS...and it's still more than 1 months away!

We have a full page ad coming up in the USA Today.

The media may be biased...but journalists are still gossip hounds and this is truly an amazing story...

If we keep pushing the PR and bust this thing into the mainstream...we can do 100 million.

500,000 Americans actually voted for RP in 1988...

MILLIONS more like him today and more are learning about him every day....Only a tiny fraction of these folks even knew about 11/5...The whole Tea Party concept is historic and FUN...people will want to be a part of it..

If a Jerry Lewsis telethon can raise 63 million...why cant we raise 100?

Keep pushing this into the MSM and those of you who tore me a new asshole for projecting 100 Million will owe me an apology..

Lets keep running ads and do whatever it takes to make the Tea Party the talk of the MSM BEFORE it actually happens...Our enthusiam and no stop promotion for the next 30 days can leverage this thing into a national party..

A tiny fraction of a fraction of our 300 million population is all we need

100 Million bucks and the game will be over!

Ozwest
11-14-2007, 05:11 AM
Anything is possible. But is the cheese sliding off the cracker?

TechnoGuyRob
11-14-2007, 05:12 AM
If we could get 40,000 people to donate $2,000 (which is logistically possible), then we could reach your projection (the other $20 million would roll in).

Ozwest
11-14-2007, 05:16 AM
If we could get 40,000 people to donate $2,000 (which is logistically possible), then we could reach your projection (the other $20 million would roll in).

What if... Shetland Ponies ruled the wild west?

shepburn
11-14-2007, 05:31 AM
I like the way you think max!

All we need it for this thing to go totally viral. And I do believe the foundation is set for just that. Remember it doesn't have to be $100M to be a succuss, but it may take that kind of thinking to make sure it reaches it's full potential ... what ever that may be!

SeanEdwards
11-14-2007, 05:47 AM
If we raise $100 mil in a day, I expect all the pretenders to throw in the towel on the spot. That would be like, damn, election is over. Give Paul the keys to the whitehouse and gtfo.

Ozwest
11-14-2007, 05:49 AM
Ten million is definitely a go-er, and who knows max, anything is possible.

Midnight77
11-14-2007, 05:51 AM
$100 Million. Hmmmmm. No, I think you are going to be the one apologizing if you think we can achieve something as ludicrous as that.

My guess is $7 Million Minimum. $10 Million Maximum.

jrich4rpaul
11-14-2007, 06:08 AM
With the coverage of the 5th, many people now know who he is, and believe he may stand a better chance and will take more interest. Not to mention, those once reluctant to donate now know they can make a difference. I believe a large number is possible if nobody slacks and we do everything we absolutely can for that day.

Double digits are very likely. Triple would take a miracle, but we've seen some amazing things happen so far.

Man from La Mancha
11-14-2007, 07:28 AM
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6715/brighton3oe3.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3429/brighton4iu6.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2926/brighton5mj7.gif (teaparty07.com)...http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..

Hot linked to TeaParty..copy paste in emails and more. very small size under 11k

bjneiman
11-14-2007, 07:55 AM
I signed the Nov 5 pledge early on even though I thought the 10 million dollar goal was absurd.

As Nov 5 neared, I posted publicly on DailyPaul that I thought our Nov 5 total was going to be 1.2 - 1.4 million. I tried my best to persuade everyone to lower their expectations to "reality".

Then Nov 5 came and they were right and I was wrong.

Nov 5 has wildly energized Paul's donor base. Personally, I expect we will see a higher average donation and a lot of new donors from this effort. The absurd figure of 10 million is now becoming a real possibility...

Personally, I like Max's thinking...

Bacon
11-14-2007, 08:54 AM
$100 Million. Hmmmmm. No, I think you are going to be the one apologizing if you think we can achieve something as ludicrous as that.

My guess is $7 Million Minimum. $10 Million Maximum.
No way you can put a maximum on this.. we had 10 days of advertising for the 5th. We have over a month, A FULL PAGE AD in the USA Today, and finally some MSM support for the 16th.. there is no telling how high the donations could go. I thought we wouldn't raise more than 2 million on the 5th and we more than doubled that.

Sematary
11-14-2007, 09:02 AM
For my part, I have placed links to the website in two wiki articles, contacted numerous ron paul related websites and am now branching out to non-rp related websites. This thing is going to be HUGE.
PLUS - if any of you want to help, I want to put a banner at the top of offtopic.com for a month (two hundred dollars). If you're interested, my paypal is interleave1@earthlink.net

Bob

SwordOfShannarah
11-14-2007, 09:15 AM
What if... Shetland Ponies ruled the wild west?

If Shetland ponies ruled the west George Bush would really be a cowboy.

Midnight77
11-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Bacon, be realistic. I mean, seriously stop and think about it for a moment. $100 Million Dollars.

This is going to be the joke of the Mainstream Media when they lurk around these forums to see what some people are predicting for this. It's simply not realistic, nor achievable, by any means. It is beyond absurd.

I stand by and say we can maybe go as high as $10 Million. I would love to see Paul bring in $20 Million total this Quarter. All the other Campaigns have been on a downward spiral for donations.

Huckabee may bring in $2-3 Million. He's been doing better as he's been going up in the Polls.
McCain will probably go down to $3 Million.
Fred is going down to $5 Million.
Romney will come in around $8 Million.
And Giuliani, who will be getting some bad press from this deal with FOX, will probably do no more than $10 Million.

We will unquestionably be the leader of the pack in terms of Fundraising this Quarter. Depending on how well we do on the 16th, I am predicting we finish between $15 and $20 Million for the Quarter.

max
11-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Bacon, be realistic. I mean, seriously stop and think about it for a moment. $100 Million Dollars.

Ask not if 100 million is doable...

instead...ask urself if National Media Awareness of an anti-tax..anti-war...anti-big government "donation protest"...can be created by using the MSM.....

take care of that...and rest CAN happen

open ur mind to the possibilities...GET THE MSM BUILDING THIS UP!

Naraku
11-14-2007, 09:45 AM
$100 million is not that likely, but I think over $10 million is possibly inevitable. The Tea Party is getting subscribers at an average rate of 2500 people per day, if that pace is kept up there will be 92,000 subscribers overall by December 16th. If there's twice as many donors like on November 5th, that means about 184,000 people. If they give an average of only $118 it will amount to $21.7 million. However, I think the average donation size is going to be much higher than that.

If it's say, $185 per person, the amount will be nearly $35 million. It would take an average of about $543 per person to reach $100 million.

torchbearer
11-14-2007, 09:48 AM
If Shetland ponies ruled the west George Bush would really be a cowboy.

LOL!

amonasro
11-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Could Ron Paul's campaign even spend 100 million? LOL it'd be like a bullhorn to other campaigns, they'd all start kissing butt for the VP spot!

LBT
11-14-2007, 10:00 AM
I love the thinking and wish it could be true. I know we'll do what we can to push it in the direction of 100 million.

But I doubt we'll get much more that the $103 average donation. Around 36,000 donated with another 3,000 jumping in for multiple bites on Nov 5th. I don't doubt we'll get 70,000+ donators on December 16, maybe double or triple that if it goes mega-viral, but to get around 1 million donators ??? .... that would shift the axis of the planet.

I don't think dreaming hurts, nor do I think conservative estimates will make much difference in the long run. What will happen will happen and we can be sure that us fanatics will do all we can to spin this fundraiser to new heights.

With that said I think 12 million will happen if we get good viral purchase on this event and 16-20 million if it goes mega viral.

Even 10 millon will shake the establishment and set up Ron Paul as a real contender in the eyes of the many who currently see him as a curiosity with limited influence. When that happens, many big names will jump on board and back the Ron Paul Revolution.

jpinkerton
11-14-2007, 10:00 AM
There were what...38,000. Let's say about twice as many people donate that day. 80,000 donors at $1,250 per donor would be $100 million.

It's not impossible, and is good to set a goal, and I agree, $10 million is a great goal, and plan for that, but PUSH for 100 million.

Goldwater Conservative
11-14-2007, 10:18 AM
I think I'll take a page out of Stephen Hakwing's book and bet that you're way off, since I couldn't lose such a bet even if I was wrong. :D

tekkierich
11-14-2007, 10:19 AM
15 mil is my prediction.

I donated on the 5th at about 7pm when I told myself before the event that I would not (all ready a little tapped out from donations and meet up activities). I donated $100.

December 16th I will donate at least $250 if not more. I think we will have 80k - 100k donors at a $140 - $150 average donation.

I am not signed up the teaparty07 and I will not. I get WAY too much Ron Paul e-mail as is.

JordanL
11-14-2007, 02:23 PM
If we raise $100 mil in a day, I expect all the pretenders to throw in the towel on the spot. That would be like, damn, election is over. Give Paul the keys to the whitehouse and gtfo.

QFT

Aiming for $100 million is folly. But getting $100 million is game, set, match.

fletcher
11-14-2007, 02:57 PM
I never laughed at you. I don't laugh at pathetic people on the street either. All you are doing is giving the media and others something to laugh at to distract from the success of the 16th. Please stop.

Energy
11-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Just the thought of $100 mil energizes us to think much bigger than ourselves. It supercharges the creative juices that can make the difference between $10 mil and $40mil (and, ok, $100 mil).

max
11-14-2007, 03:12 PM
I never laughed at you. I don't laugh at pathetic people on the street either. All you are doing is giving the media and others something to laugh at to distract from the success of the 16th. Please stop.

The media...the media....always living in fear of the friggin media!

Tell me, how is possible to defeat an adversary when you cower in fear before it?

Ah yes...I can see the headlines now ..."RP campaign fizzlling out. Only raised 40 million when the goal was 100 million"...

Yeah...you're right...that would SINK us....LOL

Let me ask you this? Is getting MAJOR media coveregae IN ADVANCE doable?....

Not guaranteed...but doable??

If you answered "yes"....then 100 million is not impossible....We are still 30 days away and already this has been mentioned on Face the Nation...Katie Couric...and Wolf Blitzer..

just get busy pimping this thing and the rest will follow

TechnoGuyRob
11-14-2007, 03:24 PM
"RP campaign fizzlling out. Only raised 40 million when the goal was 100 million"

I laughed out loud. :D

austin356
11-14-2007, 03:34 PM
You guys do know if we get $100 million we will have won the entire race on that day dont ya?

Hell I can safely sleep in on Feb. 5th.

But I can safely say this idea is stupid.

JoshLowry
11-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Max, I will still be laughing if we hit 100 million in one day.

Laughing very maniacally.

constituent
11-14-2007, 03:38 PM
they don't rule the wild west?

Man from La Mancha
12-11-2007, 04:36 PM
QFT

Aiming for $100 million is folly. But getting $100 million is game, set, match.
And getting our country back, this can be done.:)

Nyte
12-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Why not go for...

$100 BILLION DOLLARS

http://www.appletreeblog.com/wp-content/2007/10/dr-evil.jpg

Original_Intent
12-11-2007, 05:03 PM
My feelings:

Anything under 4.3 million would be a disappointment.

4.3 million - 6 million a solid showing that would generate some good positive media.

6-8 million good wow factor

8-10 million HUGE

10 million+ we win

troyd1
12-11-2007, 05:10 PM
My feelings:

Anything under 4.3 million would be a disappointment.

4.3 million - 6 million a solid showing that would generate some good positive media.

6-8 million good wow factor

8-10 million HUGE

10 million+ we win

I predict the we win category.

MadTheologian
12-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Keep pushing this into the MSM and those of you who tore me a new asshole for projecting 100 Million will owe me an apology..

If we raise 100 Million, we'll chip in to give you another digestive system for your new orifice. :p

Mark Mosconi
12-11-2007, 05:36 PM
I predicted 2 million for November 5th...we more than doubled that. I predict 6 million for December 16th. I would love to see more, but I find I constantly need convincing of our support...and I am constantly convinced, yet I still need further convincing. If we pull in 10 million...I will be convinced. 100 million? Not only is that unlikely, it's absurd. But oh...would I love to be proven wrong...sadly, not only can I not picture it, I cannot even fathom it.

tekkierich
12-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I predict 8.6 Million. Double the 5th

AlexMerced
12-11-2007, 05:49 PM
no matter what, I think we'll be shocked by the events of this saturday and sunday

Original_Intent
12-11-2007, 05:51 PM
$100 million would cause a national Rongasm! One that even Hillary would feel!

OK, why did I have to give myself a mental image like that?? :eek: Nothing for it but to drive a truck over my own head.

Man from La Mancha
12-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Why not go for...

$100 BILLION DOLLARS

Well because there are not a billion people for Ron DUHH, but there very well could be 1 million people for Ron that can give $100. I take it math isn't one of your good points.:p

Benaiah
12-11-2007, 06:10 PM
I predicted 2-2.5 for the 5th. I predicted 10 for the 16th, but lowered it to 5-7 when we were all fighting over Tea Party/blimp/ campaign email. Now my prediction is back up to 10 million again.

Andrew-Austin
12-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Sorry, but I'm laughing at you now.

noztnac
12-11-2007, 06:25 PM
A Ron Paul/ Google alliance

I don't know if this is planned but it would dramatically increase Ron Paul's chances of winning.

I'm talking about an official endorsement of Ron Paul by Google. Imagine the Tea Party being advertised on the main Google page. Imagine every time any person goes to Google their seeing a Ron Paul ad.

Similiar things could be done with yahoo, facebook, myspace, etc.

Is anyone discussing this or planning this. It would also be a good opportunity for Google to flex its muscles and show the power of the internet vis-a-vis the mainstream media.

--
teaparty07.com ronpaul2008.com

CableNewsJunkie
12-11-2007, 09:28 PM
If the Libertarian, Constitution, and Reform parties were ALL united in their support for Dr. Paul and contacted their members urging them to do the same...then I think the sky is the limit for Sunday.

Jobarra
12-11-2007, 09:53 PM
They're all going to laugh at you!

hehe

Tberrie
12-11-2007, 10:02 PM
If Ron Paul made 100 million in a day, he could go buy a small country and we could all live there, no need to run for president here. That way we could be safe and sound when the economy collapsed and we could scream "We told you so!" from afar.

I've never seen any legitimate prosperity come to anyone from wishful thinking or prayers, however. Boots gotta hit the road sometime...

Liberty Star
12-11-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm sticking to my guns....

If this thing goes BEYOND our circle, the sky is the limit.

We already had mentions of the Tea Party on CNN and CBS...and it's still more than 1 months away!

We have a full page ad coming up in the USA Today.

The media may be biased...but journalists are still gossip hounds and this is truly an amazing story...

If we keep pushing the PR and bust this thing into the mainstream...we can do 100 million.

500,000 Americans actually voted for RP in 1988...

MILLIONS more like him today and more are learning about him every day....Only a tiny fraction of these folks even knew about 11/5...The whole Tea Party concept is historic and FUN...people will want to be a part of it..

If a Jerry Lewsis telethon can raise 63 million...why cant we raise 100?

Lets keep running ads and do whatever it takes to make the Tea Party the talk of the MSM BEFORE it actually happens...Our enthusiam and no stop promotion for the next 30 days can leverage this thing into a national party..

A tiny fraction of a fraction of our 300 million population is all we need

100 Million bucks and the game will be over!

You think big and that is a good thing.

Original_Intent
12-11-2007, 11:37 PM
If Ron Paul made 100 million in a day, he could go buy a small country and we could all live there, no need to run for president here. That way we could be safe and sound when the economy collapsed and we could scream "We told you so!" from afar.

I've never seen any legitimate prosperity come to anyone from wishful thinking or prayers, however. Boots gotta hit the road sometime...

Y'know this is not an altogether bad idea.

If Ron Paul loses, maybe our next effort should BE to raise enough money to buy our own country.

Failing that we should try to at least buy a cable TV station that we can have some honest reporting on.

CableNewsJunkie
12-11-2007, 11:39 PM

If Ron Paul loses, maybe our next effort should BE to raise enough money to buy our own country.

Paul's Paradise = Galt's Gulch

xao
12-12-2007, 12:14 AM

Failing that we should try to at least buy a cable TV station that we can have some honest reporting on.

This is actually the best Idea i've ever heared.

CelestialRender
12-12-2007, 10:23 AM

Except the Dr isn't some nameless mook, it's RP.

RonPaul4Freedom
12-12-2007, 12:43 PM
If a hollywood movie can generate more than 100+ million on opening weekend, I think a movement can do as well.

I have mentioned this to many people since nov 5th and if everyone keeps on pumping this then it can be achievable.

We have much work to do.....

Kregener
12-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Are talking $100 Mil for the Tea Party? Or for his entire campaign?

It will take $100 Mil to keep the Power Elite from "buying" another stooge into the office...

RonPaul4Freedom
12-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Either one can be done, I just can't get the idea in my head that a "movie" entertainment value can make so much money and a movement that stands for so much more than just an hour and a half of entertainment only generates around 10% of that.

This is the goal we should be aiming for, the higher the better. I applaud the original poster for making this. We are in the final days now and I am too skeptical about a goal like that, however this can be done.

I would say if our Ron continues to grow as he does right now (gradually with a strong foundation as the Iowa coordinator said) we can keep on making money bombs until we reach that goal of 100mil.

Freedom has no limit, it is the elites that set a limit.

EvilNight
12-12-2007, 01:32 PM
It's definitely possible for one of these money bombs to make it to $100M.

I doubt the Tea Party will get there.

If Ron gets the nomination, however, the first presidential campaign Money Bomb has a damn good chance at hitting those numbers.

Jojo
12-12-2007, 08:12 PM
It's definitely possible for one of these money bombs to make it to $100M.

I doubt the Tea Party will get there.

If Ron gets the nomination, however, the first presidential campaign Money Bomb has a damn good chance at hitting those numbers.

Never doubt. Donate!:D

austin356
12-12-2007, 08:14 PM
and I am still laughing now.

I will eat my own crap if we raise $100 million.

CavortingChicken
12-12-2007, 08:23 PM
and I am still laughing now.

I will eat my own crap if we raise $100 million.

and i'll eat your crap if we get to $100 million

realitywiz
12-12-2007, 09:52 PM
and i'll eat your crap if we get to $100 million

I may actually not eat anything and fast for a day in reverence of our new freedom movement.

Then again, a burrito is always very tempting. :)

Paul4Prez
12-12-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm expecting the Tea Party to bring in around $7 million, but $100 million isn't as outlandish as it sounds.

Even if Ron Paul is only at 5% in the polls, that would be around ten million American adults who support him. If half of them gave just $20, you'd reach $100 million in a day.

That may be extremely unlikely, but if we can get five million people (or more) to the polls for the primaries, Ron Paul could well be the Republican nominee.

orion846
12-12-2007, 10:19 PM
btw, to the OP, we're still laughing at you, incase you hadn't figured that out yet

Midnight77
12-13-2007, 01:38 AM
:D

We can do it. $100 Million. Woot. Woot.

yaz
12-13-2007, 03:47 AM
You all laughed at me when I said 100 million

I'm still laughing.

travismofo
12-13-2007, 03:50 AM

Won't work. We'd be invaded by the US for not complying with UN Resolutions ;)

GunnyFreedom
12-13-2007, 06:03 AM

Who is John Galt?

Man from La Mancha
12-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Who is John Galt?With all do respect why don't you search the internet first?

voytechs
12-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Ask not if 100 million is doable...

instead...ask urself if National Media Awareness of an anti-tax..anti-war...anti-big government "donation protest"...can be created by using the MSM.....

take care of that...and rest CAN happen

open ur mind to the possibilities...GET THE MSM BUILDING THIS UP!

Its "Old Media" not "MSM"

paul_v
12-13-2007, 10:42 AM
$100 million would be logistically impossible. They would need to have like 20 servers to handle the bandwidth. But it's nice to think big.

philistineau
12-13-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm still laughing.

+1

GunnyFreedom
12-13-2007, 12:56 PM
With all do respect why don't you search the internet first?

with all due respect, did CableNewsJunkie happen to mention that his first name was "John" ?

The question "who is John Galt" is much like, (even if along a different 'spirit') than the question "who is Ron Paul."

But please forgive me for expecting people to pick up on the subtlety of it all...

OferNave
12-13-2007, 01:30 PM
with all due respect, did CableNewsJunkie happen to mention that his first name was "John" ?

The question "who is John Galt" is much like, (even if along a different 'spirit') than the question "who is Ron Paul."

But please forgive me for expecting people to pick up on the subtlety of it all...

I picked it up. One person made a stupid reply to you, and you convert that to 'people are unsubtle'? Many of us are fully aware of the subtle reference in "Who is Ron Paul?".

Or, in the words of Luke Skywalker... "I care."

GunnyFreedom
12-13-2007, 01:58 PM
i know i know .... apologies for the broad brush. that was stupid of me. or if not stupid, then at least selfish - allowing myself to feel slighted because someone spoke before they thought. Sorry.

GunnyFreedom
12-13-2007, 02:08 PM
There is a lesson to be learned here. my response would have been more powerful if I had just snickered at Man from La Mancha without trying to "defend" what I had said. This is much like how Ron Paul operates. People who know, would have known, and people who didn't know would have looked it up. The end net effect would have been more potent than the approach I actually took.

Quantumystic
12-13-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm of the opinion that we can look at the Meet-Up groups' numbers and multiply it by 10, in terms of people that are likely to support Paul enough to donate.

That number is currently almost 86,000. Times 10 equals 860,000.

Some people don't "do" politics. Some don't do the internet. Some don't do contributions. But we can change the first one and the last one.

We should attempt to double the meet-up groups' membership between now and the "Super Tuesday".

DeadtoSin
12-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Honestly, I still don't see it being anywhere near 100 million. 15 million tops, but as high as we can reach is just peachy to me!

noiseordinance
12-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I project $4,000 dollars. That's right. $4,000. :)

shepburn
12-13-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm of the opinion that we can look at the Meet-Up groups' numbers and multiply it by 10, in terms of people that are likely to support Paul enough to donate.

That number is currently almost 86,000. Times 10 equals 860,000.

Some people don't "do" politics. Some don't do the internet. Some don't do contributions. But we can change the first one and the last one.

We should attempt to double the meet-up groups' membership between now and the "Super Tuesday".

that meetup total includes lots of duplicates, such as myself. I'm in 5 meetup groups.

steph3n
12-13-2007, 03:24 PM
$100 million and i am still laughing.

maeqFREEDOMfree
12-13-2007, 03:28 PM
i'll be hapy when we set a new record of online fundraising. I'd be especially happy if we end this quarter with more money raised than Mitt Romney's campaign has this quarter... (he loaned the campaign an additional 17+mil from his own personal fortune)

that'll put a smile on my face :-)

RobS
12-13-2007, 03:29 PM

You bastard! I will donate at least triple what I was planning on donating to prove you wrong! Who's with me?!?!

Jobarra
12-13-2007, 04:22 PM
You bastard! I will donate at least triple what I was planning on donating to prove you wrong! Who's with me?!?!
The daily natural donations would have to go negative for that to happen LOL

Man from La Mancha
12-15-2007, 10:26 PM
You think this is impossible but it can happen, we are the matrix, we make our reality so just stare into this matrix and it will be real:D

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6715/brighton3oe3.gif (teaparty07.com)

azam
12-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Does anyone know how much each day we pay in interest alone for the trillion+ dollar debt?

ayort
12-16-2007, 08:12 AM

Well then you can quit now because $4000 was last night around 12:07am.

ayort
12-16-2007, 08:18 AM
We are about to hit 13 mil, Almost 1.5 million while the country was asleep!!

Enagine if they ALL woke up this morning.

$4000 what a load, did you miss the zero about 3 or maybe 4 times??

noiseordinance
12-17-2007, 01:17 AM
I'm still laughing about 100 million. :rolleyes:

GeorgiaRPFan
12-17-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm laughing now.

DrNoZone
12-17-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm laughing too Max...sorry, but your original post is hilarious!

Man from La Mancha
12-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Over 27 mill raised this year and less than 73mil to go. I aimed for the stars and am quite happy with the results, now to try again.

CelestialRender
12-18-2007, 10:13 AM
In defense of Man, he does have an appropriate handle. Truth in advertising, yo.

Someone has to dream big, or the pessimists would have us believe we should have stopped before we started.

BillyDkid
12-18-2007, 02:14 PM
I would argue that this movement is only going to grow and it's growing exponentially. We will have raised 20 million in 3 months with just the people we have - how many more months until the candidate is chosen? I remember thinking that 12 million was a ridiculously high target. I'm not saying we will do 100, but who knows what we can really do as we keep growing? Target - the moon!!!!

adwads
12-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Fundraising poll:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=59427

acroso
12-18-2007, 06:44 PM
I was hoping for getting it to a 24 million dollar quarter. hmmm