PDA

View Full Version : Need assistance with Paul video downloads/ripping

TheGrinch
03-19-2012, 01:51 PM
So I've agreed to help in several requests to make new videos with a few specialized themes for different demographics... However the hold up is what's prevented me from doing Paul videos in the past, in that I don't have access to the footage I need, both of new debates/speeches/interviews and/or old predictions to drive the points home.

Further, I'm not just asking for this for my behalf, it would be really great for more willing video editors to have access to footage to use, so I'd like to see if there are ones willing to coordinate giving access to footage downloads (maybe dropbox?), and also editors willing to utilize the footage and keep the viral videos going... Or even just trustworthy ripping software/site to rip it ourselves if that's possible.

Let's keep it going guys... The message is as sound as it gets, but much more work needs to be done on presentation. Sometimes it takes quite a bit of rephrasing, reiterating and rationalizing to drive the points home to a biased audience.

TheGrinch
03-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Okay sweet, jsut found a trustworthy add-on for firefox I think. It's got a ton of users with nothing but good reviews on reddit here (http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11327_7-6555399-2.html?tag=rb_content;rb_mtx).

You just have to click on the little HD icon when your searching on youtube for Paul clips, so it will capture the HD video in a compatible format with most video editing programs, rather than low-quality flv's that I'd have to reconvert to use with Premiere Pro (in terrible quality of course).

Assuming it's as trustworthy as it appears to be, is a very solid tool to rip youtube footage. Now I just have to dig up that other thread we had where people posted links to media to (or hell, post links in this thread if there are some really epic Dr. Paul speeches that can be used).

TheGrinch
03-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Sweet, I highly recommend this route to anyone seeking to make videos... While looking on youtube though, I discovered this nugget from Gingrich that's apparently gone "unnoticed" ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU1UFUDPkQQ&feature=youtu.be

Na, I'm actually thinking about doing a better mashup with the part in the SC debate where they say "kill them", and surely no shortage of quotes like that to take out of context to prove a point :D