PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! News: "Ron Paul topped by also-ran Fred Karger in Puerto Rico primary"

kro
03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
h ttp://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ron-paul-topped-ran-fred-karger-puerto-rican-153210979.html"]http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ron-paul-topped-ran-fred-karger-puerto-rican-153210979.html

First sentence:

Ron Paul not only placed last in Sunday's Puerto Rico primary, he lost to Fred Karger, the former actor and political consultant who has never before held elected office.

Later on in the article:

But Paul's loss to Karger signals a new low for the Texas congressman.

Despite a loyal and enthusiastic following, Paul has yet to place first in any presidential primary or caucus, after staking his success on presidential caucuses.

... as if we needed any more evidence that the media is trying to play the whole, "Don't you want to support a winner?" card...

Brown Sapper
03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Most of the people in the US didn't even know PR held elections until 2008. They are just using this to smear Paul.

unknown
03-19-2012, 12:30 PM
I was just coming to post this.

Motherf*ckers.

The article is on the front of Yahoo. I wont click on it. F*ck them.

Romulus
03-19-2012, 12:42 PM
This was 'headline' news for that POS Yahoo/ABC news rag.

Romulus
03-19-2012, 12:42 PM
I was just coming to post this.

Motherf*ckers.

The article is on the front of Yahoo. I wont click on it. F*ck them.

me either! plus rep.

RonRules
03-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Break the links to negative articles such as this one.

Yahoo is the worst against Ron Paul. Considering that Yahoo is a silicon valley company, I wonder to whom they have subcontract their "news" portion.

NoOneButPaul
03-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Hate to say it but it's a legitimate news story... here's Ron Paul... trying to get as many delegates as he can... and he can't even beat Fred Karger.

That's pathetic.

Expatriate
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM
break the link, don't encourage them.

DerailingDaTrain
03-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Hate to say it but it's a legitimate news story... here's Ron Paul... trying to get as many delegates as he can... and he can't even beat Fred Karger.

That's pathetic.

In a place where the GOP establishment is with Romney? No.

NoOneButPaul
03-19-2012, 01:07 PM
In a place where the GOP establishment is with Romney? No.

That has nothing to do with Fred Karger.

Im not disagreeing this is a hit piece, or that yahoo has been out to get us, but this right here is a legitimate news-story.

We couldn't even beat Fred Karger that's freaking pathetic.

RDM
03-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Here is a post from Ron Paul Puerto Rico FB from one of the grassroots leaders down there that was coordinating observers @ the polling stations. Please be patient with the wording because it was translated from Spanish to English from translator Bing and my Spanish is not good enough to translate it fully.
We communicate with several media of Puerto Rico to expose the irregularities observed during the presidential primary for the Republican Party of Puerto Rico. There was no sufficient staff in schools of voting nor sufficient oversight. Some stations opened late or changed them area without prior notice. There was not enough ballot papers and vote in several booths. Did not follow the due electoral process: not marked the finger indicated nor voted at the booth vote at several colleges. One of the most serious problems was not guaranteed the right to vote to all voters, because there were no officials in some schools and not guaranteed the participation of every elector. Romney had the endorsement of the Government of the day and suspect the possibility of that vaciaran lists. Romney certainly had the machinery of the PNP on its side, which guaranteed a victory, but the irregularities move to think that wanted a win and move to the other presidential Raul. Puerto Rico did it better again, if by this we mean that the algaretismo and disruption are part of our idiosyncrasy

Athan
03-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Here is a post from Ron Paul Puerto Rico FB from one of the grassroots leaders down there that was coordinating observers @ the polling stations. Please be patient with the wording because it was translated from Spanish to English from translator Bing and my Spanish is not good enough to translate it fully.
We communicate with several media of Puerto Rico to expose the irregularities observed during the presidential primary for the Republican Party of Puerto Rico. There was no sufficient staff in schools of voting nor sufficient oversight. Some stations opened late or changed them area without prior notice. There was not enough ballot papers and vote in several booths. Did not follow the due electoral process: not marked the finger indicated nor voted at the booth vote at several colleges. One of the most serious problems was not guaranteed the right to vote to all voters, because there were no officials in some schools and not guaranteed the participation of every elector. Romney had the endorsement of the Government of the day and suspect the possibility of that vaciaran lists. Romney certainly had the machinery of the PNP on its side, which guaranteed a victory, but the irregularities move to think that wanted a win and move to the other presidential Raul. Puerto Rico did it better again, if by this we mean that the algaretismo and disruption are part of our idiosyncrasy

Um.. post the full text in spanish then. I don't think I'm the only beaner here. I may be able to help.

Aratus
03-19-2012, 01:18 PM
two words

fred karger
gop hijinx
mitt romney
tampa convention
floor fight
intense election
RON PAUL
runs and...

RDM
03-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Um.. post the full text in spanish then. I don't think I'm the only beaner here. I may be able to help.

Here you go:

Nos comunicamos con varios medios de prensa de Puerto Rico para denunciar las irregularidades que observamos durante la primaria presidencial del Partido Republicano de Puerto Rico. No hubo suficientes funcionarios en los colegios de votación ni suficiente supervisión. Algunos colegios abrieron tarde o los cambiaron de área sin previo aviso. Tampoco hubo suficientes papeletas y casetas de votación en varios colegios. No se siguió el debido proceso electoral: no marcaron el dedo indicado ni se votó en la caseta de votación en varios colegios. Uno de los problemas más graves fue no garantizar el derecho a votar a todos los electores, pues en algunos colegios no hubo funcionarios y no se garantizó la participación de todo elector. Romney tuvo el endoso del gobierno de turno y se sospecha la posibilidad de que se vaciaran listas. Ciertamente Romney tuvo la maquinaria del PNP de su lado, lo cual garantizaba una victoria, pero las irregularidades mueven a pensar que se quería una victoria contundente y desplazar a los demás precandidatos presidenciales. Puerto Rico lo hizo mejor otra vez, si por ello entendemos que el algaretismo y la desorganización son parte de nuestra idiosincrasia.

seraphson
03-19-2012, 02:06 PM

That's Society's pathetic.

Fixed.

eduardo89
03-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Here you go:

We've been in touch with various news outlets to denounce the irregularities we witnessed during the republican party primary in puerto Rico. There weren't enough poll workers at the polling stations and there wasn't adequate supervision. Some polling stations opened late or changed their location without prior notice. Also, many polling stations did not have enough ballots or voting booths. The established electoral procedures were not followed: index fingers were not marked (index fingers are dipped in ink in many placebos that you can't vote twice) and many voters were not provided with voting booths. One of the biggest problems was that not all eligible voters were allowed to cast their vote because many polling stations were not manned by poll workers to guarantee that all voters would be able to vote. Romney had the establishment backing. Romney had the support of the PNP machine which guaranteed his victory, but the irregularities suggest that they attempted to pad his victory to secure all the delegate spots and to marginalize the other presidential candidates.

No Free Beer
03-19-2012, 02:15 PM
let them do this now.

little do they know shit will hit the fan when ron wins in a brokered convention.

they will all be there with their jaws dropped.

patience my fellow patriots...patience.

Butchie
03-19-2012, 02:17 PM
That has nothing to do with Fred Karger.

Im not disagreeing this is a hit piece, or that yahoo has been out to get us, but this right here is a legitimate news-story.

We couldn't even beat Fred Karger that's freaking pathetic.

It is pretty bad. Funny thing is PR Governer is just like Ron, he cut alot of public workers, their economy was in shambles before his tough cuts, still is but it's growing.

RDM
03-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks Eduardo for the translation.

eduardo89
03-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Thanks Eduardo for the translation.

No problem.

SCOTUSman
03-19-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm not buying anybody's excuses here. Pathetic.

Schiff_FTW
03-19-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm not buying anybody's excuses here. Pathetic.

How many calls did you make to Puerto Rico?

The Free Hornet
03-20-2012, 12:04 AM
If people were looking for statistical proof of election fraud, this could be it. 1.4% of the vote seems too damn low and Romney at 88% is fishy. Nobody wants to play a rigged game.

centure7
03-20-2012, 12:52 AM

That's pathetic.Oh, you have seen the exit polling then. Tell us the results since you know for a fact Ron Paul lost badly. Show me the exit polling and I'll believe you. The exit polling means everything, and the numbers at the booth mean relatively little.

soulcyon
03-20-2012, 01:32 AM

That's pathetic.Romney won 82% of the vote.

Who cares what percentage anybody else got.

3kgt
03-20-2012, 02:05 AM
I like how they go out of their way to write articles about Dr. Paul. Who cares who lost? I thought it was the winner that mattered.
I'm not saying that Romney was the legitimate winner and I'm not denying that but damn man, it pisses me off when I see this. If Paul is so insignificant why in the flying fuck are you writing a front page article specifically about him.

Of course, the average joe doesn't think nearly that far into it. Which pretty much answers my rhetorical question.

Athan
03-20-2012, 08:45 AM
We've been in touch with various news outlets to denounce the irregularities we witnessed during the republican party primary in puerto Rico. There weren't enough poll workers at the polling stations and there wasn't adequate supervision. Some polling stations opened late or changed their location without prior notice. Also, many polling stations did not have enough ballots or voting booths. The established electoral procedures were not followed: index fingers were not marked (index fingers are dipped in ink in many placebos that you can't vote twice) and many voters were not provided with voting booths. One of the biggest problems was that not all eligible voters were allowed to cast their vote because many polling stations were not manned by poll workers to guarantee that all voters would be able to vote. Romney had the establishment backing. Romney had the support of the PNP machine which guaranteed his victory, but the irregularities suggest that they attempted to pad his victory to secure all the delegate spots and to marginalize the other presidential candidates.

MUCH better translation than I was going to post. I was just going to do grammatical corrections and translate a word or two. Eduardo gives the whole thing in context. Just go with this.

seawolf
03-20-2012, 09:00 AM
When the Campaign is virtually broke and Ron can only Campaign once or twice at best in a week....why would you expect anything else?

Please support the Money Bomb on Friday!!!!