PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions to improve Land of the Free-video

GHoeberX
11-14-2007, 02:35 AM
Since I got a lot of requests of people for a high quality version, I decided to do new render and I'll let you give me suggestions of things which should be changed. Please leave your suggestion in this topic. Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kll9-nR4uVs

As of now, I wrote down:

-==[HELP IMPROVE THE VIDEO]==-
* A lot of people asked to replace the Clintons and Bushes. Please help me by suggesting a replacement videoclip (or a person).
* I need higher quality clips of the Philidelphia Rally. If you have something, please contact me!

-==[NEW VERSION SOON]==-
I will release a new version (INCLUDING DOWNLOAD LINK) soon with fixes as suggested. Reply on the video if you have more suggestions!
* Volume will be lowered overall
* Slower and longer volume-crescendo from 3.10
* Try other fonts so text is more readable on youtube
* "They said he will never win" becomes "They said he could never win"
* "His support kept on growing" becomes "His support kept growing"
* "in which the United States gained its independence" becomes "in which the United States gained their independence"
* "thus he stayed behind in the polls" becomes "thus he languished in the polls"

maxmerkel
11-14-2007, 02:37 AM
don't show bush/clinton in the beginning - i always though the context is way too positive for those 2 particular faces

use more reagan and jfk

ctb619
11-14-2007, 02:43 AM
* "in which the United States gained its independence" becomes "in which the United States gained their independence"

How about "in which the United States gained her independence"?

Also, how about Ronald and Nancy Reagan instead of George and Laura Bush?

By the way, I bloody love this video.

Benaiah
11-14-2007, 02:47 AM
Or if you want to use Bush/Clinton just place them in the part of the video that is about us not being free anymore.

maxmerkel
11-14-2007, 02:47 AM
Or if you want to use Bush/Clinton just place them in the part of the video that is about us not being free anymore.

exactly

Drknows
11-14-2007, 02:50 AM
OH good video!

Well i think i would lower the volume for one, maybe replace taser bro ( I giggle every time i see him , i know sad but he used the word bro) and make the text stand out more. Other than that good job man!

son of liberty
11-14-2007, 02:52 AM
I would build the Police state argument more than just the student being tasered. A lot of people might not see that as a big deal.
As for resolution, I trusted it enough to fullscreen it when I showed it to my sister. Looked really good for youtube, better than most. I've got it linked to my myspace, and have posted it using their bulletin feature.

ctb619
11-14-2007, 02:54 AM
I would build the Police state argument more than just the student being tasered. A lot of people might not see that as a big deal.

good point, there are far better example of abuse of power/police brutality

Jobarra
11-14-2007, 02:55 AM
For Police State, look no further than H.R. 1955. Not sure how to represent this though. Maybe just the bill number and the title(although even the title is long). Eh, probably wouldn't work. People are still appalled at finding this legislation that is only waiting for Senate approval.

blamx8
11-14-2007, 03:04 AM
I love this video but I hesitated to send it to a friend because even though Dr. Pauls first statement (1:12)is absolutely true it sounds too "conspiratorial" for the uninformed to swallow without the having the information behind it to soften the blow. Is there a quote by him that could lead the blind gently instead of smacking them in the face? Or maybe you could have Keith Olberman do the face smacking and let Ron Paul build on it the way you have with his next statements.

I love his quote but maybe later in the vid after they hear a few of the reasons why.

I favorited this video so I suggest that only as a way to draw in more support. The other half of me says "no way, don't change a thing"

Anti Federalist
11-14-2007, 04:16 AM
Wow, this vid is so good, suggestions for improvement are a "Marilyn Monroe had ugly toes" sort of thing...but...

1) Get rid of Booshes/Klintons, unless you are using them in the loss of freedom section.

2) As others have said, ditch the Taser Bro. There are thousands of clips of people getting their heads cracked by some JBT that would make the point better, or perhaps the barbed wire "free speech zone" cages at the last conventions in 2004.

That being said, if you changed not a thing, it is still flippin' fantastic.

While on the subject, anybody have a link to the teaparty07/Daft Punk "Bigger, stronger faster" video?

plb
11-14-2007, 04:41 AM
Change the red text to perhaps white with black outline?

Matthew Zak
11-14-2007, 05:29 AM
I think it would be a good idea to show Ron Paul as a CONDUIT for those of us WHO DO realize that this is not the land of the free. He's a catalyst to make change.

So maybe get rid of the part that says, "Nobody except for one man" and replace it with, "but our spirit was awakened" or something along those lines.

jrich4rpaul
11-14-2007, 06:02 AM
Will it still be the same URL if you change it? If not, I say leave it as is since it's already being spread. It's a great video. Anything can be picked apart and flaws can be found if you look close enough, but to me this can stay the way it is.

GHoeberX
11-14-2007, 06:25 AM
Will it still be the same URL if you change it? If not, I say leave it as is since it's already being spread. It's a great video. Anything can be picked apart and flaws can be found if you look close enough, but to me this can stay the way it is.

The old clip will not be removed of course.

I'll just hang a video response on it with the updated clip. The point is that i'm going to rerender it anyway for people who want it on a DVD. I will fix some little things and then upload it to a filesharing site. However, people will then upload this new version to youtube anyway (trust me I know how it goes, there's videos of me which have been mirrored over 30 times (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=piratas+del+mediterraneo&search=Search) so in that case I might as well upload the new version myself as well.

Hope that explains.

PS. Is there a clip with Reagan and Paul? (i've seen the pic)

rp08rp
11-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Show why we arent FREE?
"Pateriot Act"

also the FONT is too see through

rp08rp
11-14-2007, 07:10 AM
also, if you can add 25seconds showing the fear and Patriot Act, that would REVIVE MEMORIES better than that TASER KID

1.Duct Tape
2.Terror Levels
3.Patriot Act, Habeus Corpus
4.??

rancher89
11-14-2007, 07:23 AM
GHoeberXI absolutely love the video. All of the above comments are good. There were good comments at DailyPaul also.

1. The red text can be a bit hard to read, but I like the red (how's that for asking for an improvement...??)
2. I agree with your comments on what to improve, probably not much else to add.
3. Sorry I don't have any videos of the Reagans or the rally. Most of the rally videos I've seen are rather "bumpy" and slightly out of focus. Doesn't matter to me, I think that it imparts the grassroots element of this campaign very well. IMHO

James R
11-14-2007, 08:15 AM
My suggestion is to change the order of the clips somewhat. The USA "becoming prosperous" start should start earlier, such as add a few 1700s clips, then a few 1800s clips, then only lastly put in the 1900s clips. After our rise has been shown, switch the music to something more threatening. During the "decline" clips, show more police abuse of protesters and add clips that can be classified as "bad foreign policy", linking that to the cause of terrorism. Particularly, there may be clips of support for military and financial support of dictatorships overseas. Focus on bad foreign policy at least as much as on war.

Then add these quotes from founding fathers, but don't add them in as text, get someone with a good voice to record them!

"Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted into tyranny!"
-Thomas Jefferson
- Use as transition quote from rise to decline.

"The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings."
- John F. Kennedy
- Use before showing secret evidence clips, prison clips that you could add in. If not maybe skip the quote.

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
Benjamin Franklin

Now, after showing the decline, switch back to original music and add in these quotes, ideally in voice-over added on top of the video you have already made:
"Every generation needs a new revolution"
-Thomas Jefferson

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
-Samuel Adams

bolidew
11-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Since I got a lot of requests of people for a high quality version, I decided to do new render and I'll let you give me suggestions of things which should be changed. Please leave your suggestion in this topic. Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kll9-nR4uVs

Now that's the Spirit!

Go GHoeberX.

It's going to be the best RP video.

lloydian
11-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Wonderful video!! As far as improvements are concerned - the audio starts becoming distorted ~ 3:10 and you can't hear the man speak very well.

The audio near the end sounds like the gain was run up a little too much as well
and has some distortion.

Thanks for your efforts!

bolidew
11-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Bump!