PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Gingrich supporters would split

Give me liberty
03-17-2012, 10:21 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/16/poll-gingrich-supporters-would-split-between/?hpt=hp_bn3

The question has been circling for days: If Newt Gingrich were to drop out of the race, who would get his supporters?

A new poll released Friday indicates that his base would split its vote evenly between Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum,

Santorum, however, would see more mild gains, gaining
five points from 28% to 33%, while
Paul would only pick up two points from 11% to 13%.

Unbelievable The mainstream news media still release a new poll showing Ron Paul yet again in medium digits with a 13% upgrade from Newt supporters yet they are now suggesting a two race between Romney And Santorum just like what the GOP establishment wanted isn't it?

Further more proof that the media is selecting the outcome of the election this is a little hopeless now i still wont give up but i am very disappointed at how the Media is treating Paul yet again.

sailingaway
03-17-2012, 10:37 PM
That depends on who you ask. In some states a lot of Gingrich;'s folks go to Ron from what I've seen. The problem is there really aren't that many Gingrich folks to divide any more.

It is irrelevant though because that is ONLY GOP and Ron gets half his support from independents and cross overs, so if Ron has roughly double that, at 26%, I'd say he's pretty relevant.

PaulSoHard
03-18-2012, 09:12 AM
That depends on who you ask. In some states a lot of Gingrich;'s folks go to Ron from what I've seen. The problem is there really aren't that many Gingrich folks to divide any more.

It is irrelevant though because that is ONLY GOP and Ron gets half his support from independents and cross overs, so if Ron has roughly double that, at 26%, I'd say he's pretty relevant.

Great point. I want to see how the Independents vote.