PDA

View Full Version : Post on DP from Brent the awesome St Charles Caucus Chair (duly elected)

sailingaway
03-17-2012, 03:45 PM
as opposed to the guy who wouldn't concede that no one wanted him to be chair and pretended he still had the gavel:

This is Brent Stafford. I wanted to let everyone know I am out of jail and am just now starting to read some of the posts about what happened today.

I am actually in my car right now, so I will post more complete details when I get to someplace where I can take more time.

First of all, thank you to everyone who was concerned and calling the police station. Apparently they were getting flooded with calls.

I was trying to reconvene the meeting in the gymnasium, according to the rules, and was told I have the leave the gym along with everyone else or I would be trespassing. I went outside and tried to let everyone know we were going to try to reconvene. Some people we trying to go to a nearby park to do so, but the rules are clear the the caucus may only be held in the location printed in the Call to Caucus printed in a newspaper 15 days prior. The ONLY place we could reconvene was at the high school.

I stood on a chair to address the crowd to let them know we were going to reconvene and what we needed to do. At that point I was approached by told I was under arrest.

More to come...

http://www.dailypaul.com/221346/this-is-brent-stafford-from-missouri#comment-2322366