PDA

View Full Version : Can any parliamentarians help with this real time issue?

sailingaway
03-17-2012, 12:41 PM
stlouis4ronpaul ‏ @stlouis4ronpaul Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Zero #delegates have been awarded in St.Charles county. Meeting was adjourned without a clear majority vote on adjournment.

I tweeted back to continue the meeting and elect a slate, but...

he tweeted this back:

stlouis4ronpaul stlouis4ronpaul
@usernamenuse trying to figure that out. Reconvening in a park. Two supporters are in jail. We had over 2/3 majority.

parlaimentarians can you help us?

I think he is still in the park

hopefully still with the 2/3 majority

sailingaway
03-17-2012, 12:47 PM
bump for help!

sailingaway
03-17-2012, 01:16 PM
well, it sounds like the situation is over for now. a link to this was tweeted:

Caucus in St. Charles County, Missouri turns ugly
Well, I just got back from my caucus in St. Charles County, Missouri and it did not go well. First of all, the caucus was supposed to start at 10am but the lines were so long that they decided to let anyone who got in line by 10am to get in. The actual meeting didn't even start until approx. 11:10am and this black guy (Eugene, I think he was the St. Chas. County Republican Chairman), tells everyone to turn off their video cameras and that recording is not allowed. The place went ballistic and then Eugene told the cops to arrest this guy who was video recording. The cops went up to arrest the guy and everyone started yelling things like, "First Amendment Rights!", ""Defend the Constitution!", "Arrest the chairman!" The cops realized that this could get ugly so they backed off and called for reinforcements. The meeting was stopped until about a dozen or so more cops showed up. Then Eugene started the meeting again and announced that anyone caught video taping would be arrested. Right after that he asked for a nomination for Caucus Chairman. Brent Stafford was nominated and was overwhelmingly endorsed by the crowd. This Eugene nazi fellow, completely ignored the crowd and nominated this white guy tool who Eugene immediately announced as the Caucus Chairman without any support at all. The place went ballistic and the Romney and Paul supporters realized that we were being screwed. The place continued to go nuts and so the caucus was completely canceled and guess what?! St. Chas. County will not have any delegates to respresent them in this election. The only thing I can figure out is that maybe this Eugene character and his coharts were Santorum supporters and they saw that Romney and Paul were going to get the majority of the delegates so they decided to stir up this trouble. I am sorry to ramble on like this but I am so shaken right now. What I just witnessed seems like something that came right out of the nazi playbook. I'm stunned that something like this could happen in one of the most conservative republican counties in Missouri. Just stunned. Oh, I forgot to mention that the cops did indeed eventually handcuff and arrest the guy that was video recording. Welcome to the nazi police state of the USSA, people.

drummergirl
03-17-2012, 01:23 PM
I don't know what the rules are in Missouri, but follow up on this. Get a copy of the election rules (should be available off your state gov website), read them and follow up with filing charges against your county chair.

gerryb
03-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Reconvene and elect a slate of delegates, chair, etc.

Then elect a new Sheriff