PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Puerto Rico radio NOW!!!

RDM
03-17-2012, 10:33 AM
http://www.waparadiopr.com/wapa_radio_017.htm

RDM
03-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Sorry, I was late getting this posted but it started @ 12:30.

MelissaWV
03-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Very nice. I am hoping we do better than expected, but I do think it will go to Romney. It will definitely not be a good showing for Santorum, who not only has his "Puerto Rico needs to make English the official language in order to become a state" flub, but also said something about Puerto Ricans going back to Mexico if they don't like it.

RDM
03-17-2012, 10:41 AM
He talked about the Speaking Spanish. He said he thinks the people should not be forced to speak English but did say English is the language of Government and if people wish to choose to get involved in gov. they would be required to understand English. He stressed that is what freedom is all about. Choice.

MelissaWV
03-17-2012, 10:43 AM
He talked about the Speaking Spanish. He said he thinks the people should not be forced to speak English but did say English is the language of Government and if people wish to choose to get involved in gov. they would be required to understand English. He stressed that is what freedom is all about. Choice.

Well yeah, and no one has a problem with that. Most folks on the island are bilingual anyhow. Government largely deals in English because you have to deal with the mainland, and most of those go-betweens are unable to express themselves in either language :(

Constitutional Paulicy
03-17-2012, 01:27 PM
It will definitely not be a good showing for Santorum, who not only has his "Puerto Rico needs to make English the official language in order to become a state" flub, but also said something about Puerto Ricans going back to Mexico if they don't like it.

Santorum is an idiot.

How can he get away with spewing this fear mongering garbage. If it isn't about war with Iran, it's about the loss of our native tongue. Shit, much of the developing world speaks more than one language. It would be good for our culture to understand and pride themselves in doing the same. I mean come on man. Some of the most educated civilizations throughout the world speak a second language.

Hell, I speak English and Chinese fluently and Spanish and Korean fairly well. Now if I could only write Chinese as well as I could speak it. :o

Feeding the Abscess
03-17-2012, 02:06 PM

You sure you aren't a Santorum supporter? You're eating up that PR spin like it's candy.

MelissaWV
03-17-2012, 02:11 PM
You sure you aren't a Santorum supporter? You're eating up that PR spin like it's candy.

Um, I thought he was referring to Ron on the radio broadcast? :confused:

Agorism
03-17-2012, 02:13 PM
when do polls close? today or tomorrow?

RDM
03-17-2012, 02:15 PM

Before you go shooting off your unintelligent mouth. Why don't you check my posting history IDIOT!!!!!!

Feeding the Abscess
03-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Before you go shooting off your unintelligent mouth. Why don't you check my posting history IDIOT!!!!!!

Too ez

RDM
03-17-2012, 02:17 PM
when do polls close? today or tomorrow?

Tomorrow they vote. Not sure times.

bluesc
03-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Very nice. I am hoping we do better than expected, but I do think it will go to Romney. It will definitely not be a good showing for Santorum, who not only has his "Puerto Rico needs to make English the official language in order to become a state" flub, but also said something about Puerto Ricans going back to Mexico if they don't like it.

I'm pretty sure some of Santorum's delegates withdrew over those comments and had to be replaced. I sincerely hope he doesn't do well there. He hasn't stopped running his mouth and he is constantly rewarded for it.

MelissaWV
03-17-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm pretty sure some of Santorum's delegates withdrew over those comments and had to be replaced. I sincerely hope he doesn't do well there. He hasn't stopped running his mouth and he is constantly rewarded for it.

There was at least one publicized delegate change as a result of the comments. He really should have never gone. Religion is traditionally very important on the island, and he could have gotten a little smattering of support on that (there's really no reason to support one of the top two candidates on the basis of the issues; PR doesn't vote in the general). Now he's really gone and shot himself in the foot. Romeny is just the safe frontrunner choice. We have a good team in PR, but I'm not sure it will beat the paid-for Romney people.