PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Cameron and Obama: if you want cheaper oil, stop printing money!

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Includes video of Ron with Bernanke

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100144641/memo-to-cameron-and-obama-if-you-want-cheaper-oil-stop-printing-money/

satchelmcqueen
03-16-2012, 11:15 PM
nice

kezt777
03-16-2012, 11:56 PM
The situation in Europe is so dire, along with the US and everyone else pretty much, it's like everyone is smothering to death and most do not realize it. My ex husband spent 22 years in the British Army and has been out for a year now, and still cannot get a job!!! He is on his military pension but did all sorts of courses throughout his 22 years to prepare for when he would have to retire - and for nothing. He is not even being picky. He has a one year old son with his new wife, along with trying to support our son together who is almost 15, and it's becoming scary. His wife works full time in an envelope stuffing factory - even though she too is ex military and even has a commendation medal for her time in Iraq. She was a fully trained medic there but cannot find work in the same field at home in England. I lived over there for many years and cannot believe how fast it is tanking. I still have many friends there and it's hard to listen to their stories of strife and know that things are only going to get worse. I also have friends in Ireland who are feeling increasingly demoralized and desperate. And we are not far behind I'm sure (despite Canada being boasted about for handling the crisis more efficiently - it's honestly a smoke screen. Trust me, we are not doing very well. Our debt looks small because we only have 10% of the US population). Scary times ahead :(

kpitcher
03-17-2012, 11:52 AM
http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2012/03/16/0310_obamas_gold_co_custom.jpg?t=1331929179&s=4

Ronulus
03-17-2012, 11:55 AM
They don't want cheaper oil. They want people to believe they do, however they just want to seize more control of it.

roversaurus
03-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Printing money is not really the problem. The problem is threatening war in the middle east.
If you destabilize oil producing countries you will get an increase in the price of oil. And suddenly the holders of oil get rich ... It's almost as if some people turn a huge profit by promoting war ... Nah ... couldn't be.