PDA

View Full Version : Westboro Releases 'You Might Be a Slut' Ad for Limbaugh's Show

Agorism
03-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Westboro Releases 'You Might Be a Slut' Ad for Limbaugh's Show

link (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/westboro-releases-you-might-be-slut-ad-limba)

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000462233/polls_eng_limbaugh02_BM_V_767115g_0354_680165_answ er_1_xlarge.jpeg

A church in Topeka, Kansas famous for its "God Hates ****" protests is hoping to take their message to millions of dittoheads across the U.S.

The Westboro Baptist Church on Friday released two advertisements that they hope to air on Rush Limbaugh's radio show, which is experiencing an exodus of advertisers after he called a Georgetown University law student a "slut" because she spoke in favor of religious institutions providing contraception coverage.

The first spot was a parody of comedian Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck" routine.

"If you wear a dress that is strapless with a brassiere that isn't, you might be a slut," an announcer says. "If you are an anchor bimbo for Fox News and your name is Kelly or Julie, you might be a slut."

"If you think it's OK to have sex with men outside the marriage bed, you might be a slut," the commercial continues. "And if you fornicate your brains out and you think the government ought to pay to kill your baby, well, sounds like a slut to me -- and God hates sluts."

A second advertisement proclaims "America is doomed!"

"Your pastors are whores! Your priests rape boys! You murder babies by the millions! You fornicate your brains out!" the announcer exclaims in a reverberating voice similar to many monster truck commercials.

"Divorce! Remarriage! Adultery! Idolatry! You've all lifted up with one voice and said, 'It's OK to be gay.' You only have one hope: obey or perish!"

Westboro spokesman Steve Drain told Southern Poverty Law Center's Hatewatch that the church had some commonalities with Limbaugh, although he declined to say specifically what they were.

“The ad’s message will be that America is doomed because Americans have cast aside the standards of God, and won’t quit their proud sinning,” Drain explained.

Premiere Networks public relations director Rachel Nelson has said that the ads would be dead on arrival.

"Premiere Networks is not considering an offer of sponsorship from Westboro Baptist Church," she remarked.

Limbaugh recently insisted that the company had turned down offers from pro-adultery website AshleyMadison.com.

"We do not [accept] sponsor companies that help people cheat on their spouses," Limbaugh told his listeners last week. "We have not accepted [their offer]. We have never run ads from [them]. We never will."

RiseAgainst
03-16-2012, 06:34 PM
"We do not [accept] sponsor companies that help people cheat on their spouses," Limbaugh told his listeners last week. "We have not accepted [their offer]. We have never run ads from [them]. We never will."

Interesting, so certainly Rush has never allowed advertisements from Newt, or offered any type of support...

Wait...

Brett85
03-16-2012, 06:34 PM
"If you are an anchor bimbo for Fox News and your name is Kelly or Julie, you might be a slut."

Lol, that seems kind of out of place. Maybe Megyn Kelly will file a lawsuit against Westboro Baptist Church now.

dannno
03-16-2012, 06:36 PM
These people are going to hell for sure, and I don't even know if hell exists.

There may just be a hell reserved for these people.

Brett85
03-16-2012, 06:38 PM

Yep.

ItsTime
03-16-2012, 06:39 PM

Hell will spontaneously exist just for these people.

Aratus
03-16-2012, 06:51 PM
the very thought of the arrival on the airwaves of
this new fanclub has got to have made rush's day!

AuH20
03-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Your pastors are whores! Your priests rape boys! You murder babies by the millions! You fornicate your brains out!" the announcer exclaims in a reverberating voice similar to many monster truck commercials.

Westboro may be twisted but I can't say they're necessarily wrong. The U.S. needs to atone for their sins and then some. It's become as decadent as Rome before the fall. When the reptilian part of the brain rules, this is what we collectively get as a society. Oppression. War. Murder. Infidelity. Ignorance. Gluttony.

bluesc
03-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Westboro may be twisted but I can't say they're necessarily wrong. The U.S. needs to atone for their sins and then some. It's become as decadent as Rome before the fall. When the reptilian part of the brain rules, this is what we get as a society. Oppression. War. Murder. Infidelity. Ignorance. Gluttony.

I'm so high right now.

Brett85
03-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Westboro may be twisted but I can't say they're necessarily wrong. The U.S. needs to atone for their sins and then some. It's become as decadent as Rome before the fall. When the reptilian part of the brain rules, this is what we collectively get as a society. Oppression. War. Murder. Infidelity. Ignorance. Gluttony.

Yeah, it's just that they shouldn't say it with so much hatred. Love wins over more hearts than hate.

pcosmar
03-16-2012, 07:05 PM

Wait, wait, wait...

Is this where that reptile bullshit comes from.?
I hear people talking about the reptiles/reptilians,, and I never knew wtf they were talking about.

John F Kennedy III
03-16-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm so high right now.

Me too :)

Sola_Fide
03-16-2012, 07:33 PM
These guys are idiots and bring disrepute on Christ's name. They are more a family-cult because most of the people at their church are related to one another.

They don't preach the gospel. The gospel is: a man is saved by having faith in Christ's perfect righteousness.

These guys completely over-emphasize the social witness of Christianity to the point that they don't even care about the plank in their own eye.

Philosophy_of_Politics
03-16-2012, 07:40 PM
The only group of people where I believe abortion should have been legal.

The Goat
03-16-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm so high right now.

aliens? XD

sparebulb
03-16-2012, 08:55 PM
"If you are an anchor bimbo for Fox News and your name is Kelly or Julie, you might be a slut."

Lol, that seems kind of out of place. Maybe Megyn Kelly will file a lawsuit against Westboro Baptist Church now.

Truth is an absolute defense against libel and slander. Most people would not be excited to be deposed on the subject of their sexual history.

AuH20
03-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Wait, wait, wait...

I hear people talking about the reptiles/reptilians,, and I never knew wtf they were talking about.

The lower part of the brain. It's referred to as the reptilian brain or R-complex. Most Americans are slaves to the insatiable wants of the Reptilian portion because they never developed the higher portion (neocortex) of their brains. Historically, weak people are easier to control whether it's drugs, religion, sex, material excess or food. If one doesn't have the discipline to control their own behavior and analyze the long term pros/cons for that particular individual, then they are essentially vulnerable to the charms of inanimate objects or abstract activities.

The R-complex consists of the brain stem and the cerebellum. Its purpose is closely related to actual physical survival and maintenance of the body. The cerebellum orchestrates movement. Digestion, reproduction, circulation, breathing, and the execution of the "fight or flight" response in stress are all housed in the brain stem. Because the reptilian brain is primarily concerned with physical survival, the behaviors it governs have much in common with the survival behaviors of animals. It plays a crucial role in establishing home territory, reproduction and social dominance. The overriding characteristics of R-complex behaviors are that they are automatic, have a ritualistic quality, and are highly resistant to change.

oyarde
03-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Westboro may be twisted but I can't say they're necessarily wrong. The U.S. needs to atone for their sins and then some. It's become as decadent as Rome before the fall. When the reptilian part of the brain rules, this is what we collectively get as a society. Oppression. War. Murder. Infidelity. Ignorance. Gluttony. Oh crap , I , just knew I was going to get busted for my once or twice a week gluttony , and in my old age , I have broken myself of all others . ;) Thanks AuH20 for reminding me , but , yeah , they are wrong , I will keep my flaws between , God , myself and you guys , I need no Westboro "Baptist " nuts..

oyarde
03-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Wait, wait, wait...

I hear people talking about the reptiles/reptilians,, and I never knew wtf they were talking about. Myself as well , but in the spring . I do like to warm up in the sun , so .... I just figuredit was from the olden days of less civilization , so , I am sticking with that...

AuH20
03-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Oh crap , I , just knew I was going to get busted for my once or twice a week gluttony , and in my old age , I have broken myself of all others . ;) Thanks AuH20 for reminding me , but , yeah , they are wrong , I will keep my flaws between , God , myself and you guys , I need no Westboro "Baptist " nuts..

I'm not a fan of their tactics, methodology or general worldview, but if you look around at the carnage, you can't really say they're wrong. Society is nearly broken at every level, and the supposedly most pious are the most rapacious, whether it's Hollywood or the Vatican. Human beings value the lives of animals over babies. The value system is completely nonexistent. Here and now pleasure is the number #1, 2 and 3 priorities of the sheep to such a degree, that I really believe FEMA should set up government sponsored whorehouses that would act as roach motels (sheep go in but they don't come out). Group think is predominant as exhibited by the majority wanting Tehran transformed into a burning cinder-box.

oyarde
03-17-2012, 12:14 AM
The lower part of the brain. It's referred to as the reptilian brain or R-complex. Most Americans are slaves to the insatiable wants of the Reptilian portion because they never developed the higher portion (neocortex) of their brains. Historically, weak people are easier to control whether it's drugs, religion, sex, material excess or food. If one doesn't have the discipline to control their own behavior and analyze the long term pros/cons for that particular individual, then they are essentially vulnerable to the charms of inanimate objects or abstract activities. I feel much better now , even as a youngster , I had little affinity for inanimate objects that were not utilitarian and abstract activities are no great threat to me ,,,,so , I am free to warm myself in the sun tomorrow afternoon working on the homeplace ;)

oyarde
03-17-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm not a fan of their tactics, methodology or general worldview, but if you look around at the carnage, you can't really say they're wrong. Society is nearly broken at every level, and the supposedly most pious are the most rapacious, whether it's Hollywood or the Vatican. Human beings value the lives of animals over babies. The value system is completely nonexistent. Here and now pleasure is the number #1, 2 and 3 priorities of the sheep. Group think is predominant as exhibited by the majority wanting Tehran transformed into a burning cinder-box. I agree with the carnage and will do my best to shield the people I love from it . I know , not much about Hollywood or the Vatican , even though , I have been to both , I am content to leave Tehran alone and hope they will do same , I consider that to be the wisest course for all . You are corrrect , I think , about the group think. I am grateful to my Father , who taught me to think for myself and stand by principle .Good points , all. Why are you not running for office ?

oyarde
03-17-2012, 12:26 AM
The only group of people where I believe abortion should have been legal. Reasonable argument there , I reckon .... even though it is not something I would do ...

Yoddle
03-17-2012, 12:27 AM

Its not like they killed anybody, wanting them tourtured forever seems a bit much.

onlyrp
03-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Luckily Westboro does not solicit donations or act as a tax laundering operation, otherwise advertising in political programs might just kill their status.

oyarde
03-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Yeah, it's just that they shouldn't say it with so much hatred. Love wins over more hearts than hate.
Hatred like that has become rare in the US , but , honestly , I hate oppression like they hate people.

oyarde
03-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Its not like they killed anybody, wanting them tourtured forever seems a bit much. How do you really measure the negative impact of people like that ? How many suicides may the hate have contributed too ?

eduardo89
03-17-2012, 12:33 AM
"If you think it's OK to have sex with men outside the marriage bed, you might be a slut," the commercial continues. "And if you fornicate your brains out and you think the government ought to pay to kill your baby, well, sounds like a slut to me -- and God hates sluts."

Can't really disagree with them there. But these guys are f'ing morons. What do they actually do to help others avoid Hell? Nothing, there just a bunch of self righteous, hateful, ignorant inbreds.

oyarde
03-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Its not like they killed anybody, wanting them tourtured forever seems a bit much. Forever is a long time , I have gotten soft as I age , how about , just as long as they live and torture others ? Appears fair . ;) , that is my best offer .. , even though , I truly hate to go against Danno when he is obviously correct ;)

eduardo89
03-17-2012, 12:40 AM
The only group of people where I believe abortion should have been legal.

Yeh because the baby should pay for the "crimes" of it's parents...right?

oyarde
03-17-2012, 12:42 AM
Can't really disagree with them there. But these guys are f'ing morons. What do they actually do to help others avoid Hell? Nothing, there just a bunch of self righteous, hateful, ignorant inbreds. I agree they are hateful , I do not think they qualify for self righteous , just punk , hater bullies , WHO ARE NOT intelligent enough to survive in the world I came of age in . Maybe , nor should they have ... I will leave that up to someone else...

Feeding the Abscess
03-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Can't really disagree with them there. But these guys are f'ing morons. What do they actually do to help others avoid Hell? Nothing, there just a bunch of self righteous, hateful, ignorant inbreds.

They're trolls.

eduardo89
03-17-2012, 12:48 AM
They're trolls.

Expert trolls. Look at the amount of attention they get.

Lishy
03-17-2012, 12:57 AM
You know, while it would be disastrous for police to arrest them without being unconstitutional, I really can't wait for the day the Mafia wipes them off the streets and police don't help them. These people protest at funerals only because it hasn't happened to them.

Sure, we cannot condone the Mafia, but I think we can all agree most of us here would have a subtle smile if we ever hear news of them taking care of the WBC.

oyarde
03-17-2012, 12:59 AM
I hate to insult a troll , I remember , kindly reading the " Three Billy Goats Gruff " to my children , after that they would go to sleep and I could relax for a moment . This Grandfather thing is much cooler , now I see why my Mom liked it so much better ... they would be attempting to climb the book shelf , I would catch it out of the corner of my eye , turn and bark at them to cease immediately at great peril , and my Mom would say , " Ahh it is alright " , I would then , more quietly make them stop anyway , and think " who is this Lady" ??

pcosmar
03-17-2012, 07:23 AM
You know, while it would be disastrous for police to arrest them without being unconstitutional, I really can't wait for the day the Mafia wipes them off the streets and police don't help them. These people protest at funerals only because it hasn't happened to them.

Naw,, they have their place in things.
just like Mosquitoes, or tapeworms. And they will have to answer to the Judge of all in the end.

I don't condone them,, or even understand them. But they are not the worst problem around.

playboymommy
03-17-2012, 07:39 AM
So now God hates flags and slugs.

Agorism
03-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Wonder how many advertisers he'll have this week

NoOneButPaul
03-18-2012, 05:20 AM
The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he was God...

The world has become so screwed up because people have lost sight of how to treat their fellow brothers and sisters.

I dont even know how to break this down...

First of all, I won't even talk about "Them" because even by hating and getting all pissed off about "them" I give "them" the publicity they want.
Second, Rush will take money from people who disgrace troops but won't take money from people encouraging affairs- makes sense I guess.
Third, Rush rails against adultery and its dirty money but treats Gingrich with much greater respect and dignity than Ron Paul.

Jesus what a mess...

Sullivan*
03-18-2012, 05:20 AM
I'm from Kansas originally, and it makes me sick that these angry people bring that kind of attention to the place. I'm not really one to defend Kansas, I don't even root for my home teams (besides the Chiefs, let the razzing commence!!), but these people anger me to no end. I don't know why they do what they do, because it sure isn't because God wants them to. Everyone will be judged, but it won't be by these people. I'm a Christian and I'm from Kansas, but these assclowns are neither.

Also, this is the stereotype I have of most people from my hometown. There's some good people there, but the rest made my childhood and teenage years a living hell and I don't see much of a difference beyond the hateful religious rhetoric.