PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Looks to Build in Illinois and Missouri

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 01:17 PM
They start with the overall polls, which are not pretty (but these are proportional delegate states by district I believe, at least in Illinois) then say

Still, Paul has shown signs of momentum in the Land of Lincoln this week. At a campaign event at the University of Illinois in Champaign on Wednesday night, organizers planned for 1,200 people. Instead, the event brought in more than 4,600 supporters who came out to listen to the maverick Texas congressman.

Paul is also counting on the support of U.S. Rep. Tim Johnson, a veteran of Republican politics in Illinois. Johnson is one of a handful of congressmen -- others include U.S. Rep. Justin Amash, R-Miss., and U.S. Rep. Walter Jones, R-N.C. -- who are backing Paul’s presidential bid. The congressman’s son -- U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky. -- is also on board.

Johnson, who represents parts of 22 counties spanning across eastern Illinois, was first elected to Congress in the 2000 election cycle and was first elected to the Illinois Legislature back in 1976.

“I am honored to call Ron Paul my colleague and most importantly my friend. I have always admired Rep. Paul but my respect for this great man’s leadership grows more all the time. He is one of the most principled men I have ever met,” said Johnson when he endorsed Paul earlier this week. “Whether it be advocating for troop withdrawal, reducing the reach of our government or reforming the tax code and our health care system, Ron Paul has been unwavering and an ideological champion for all of us.”

While Paul continued to focus on Illinois on Friday with two morning interviews on Chicago radio, his campaign is also hitting Missouri this week. Paul held a rally in Columbia on Thursday and made media appearances in the Show Me State on Friday.

more at link
http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/story/ron-paul-looks-build-illinois-and-missouri

wgadget
03-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Um, I thought Justin Amash was from MI.

?

Darguth
03-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Um, I thought Justin Amash was from MI.

?

He is. They much have mistaken the abbreviation MI to be for Mississippi rather than Michigan or something.