PDA

View Full Version : We need to do something to give Ron exposure and momentum

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 10:52 AM
We need some momentum.

We have less momentum now than we should because WE have stopped advertising this. Ron was number one on twitter in mentions and was number four last time I saw. The msm sucks, but we don't have to cooperate with them.

I was disappointed over recent primaries as much because of loss of momentum as anything. IF the delegate reports we are hearing add up to a win in three states (Maine, Iowa, Minnesota) and pluralities in others, (Nevada, Washington, etc) with chunks of delegates from elsewhere, then we are actually where we wanted to be (realistically) on delegates; what we need is momentum.

I'd like to use civil liberties, an issue that does NOT incense the right but DOES pull in the independents and progressives, to build some, but it would take people here buying into it, and no one has (so maybe it's not as good an idea as I thought.) Still, now we are in a different situation with momentum than we were last time I raised it so here was my idea, a 'something's happening here' theme (not necessarily a money bomb) using the Buffalo springfield song if people want to, but whatever they want, and focusing on issues like this one and Ndaa and whatever (heck, it could be the 16T to overseas banks) people see as so shocking people SHOULD be paying attention. I would then want to make a push to tweet it and get it on liberty media and have videos etc.

I see this as an issue that could drive discussion and could create momentum, personally. The Patriot Act and NDAA and TSA and civil liberties issues is a virtually untapped issue that incenses people and could pull Ron cross over votes. I had wanted to do it (not just Patriot Act but NDAA and civil liberties) as a money bomb because the act of pushing a moneybomb will advertise both the issue and Ron's stance on it. However, people seem to be moving on another moneybomb, and it wasn't the moneybomb part that was important to me if people would just take the theme and advertise it. I'm thinking of it more as an advertising campaign on the internet. And I think we need to generate momentum before California and Texas. I want crossover votes and to encourage Blue Republicans.

Thoughts? My idea is that this is a topic people are interested in so once we get it out there enough others who don't necessarily consider themselves Ron Paul supporters will share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f5M_Ttstbgs

One of a few different threads on it, from a while back:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?341865-Something-s-Happening-Here-bomb-PUSH-Civil-Liberties-Indefinite-Detention-Patriot-Act&highlight=something%27s+happening+moneybomb

I'm open to other ideas, this is just the only one I've thought of that to me seems it might work, because it is topical, whereas a band or show of some sort if ignored by media won't go much further than us, as I've seen it. Those are good to charge the grass roots, and I don't discount them, I am just trying to think of something to get OTHERS discussing Ron.

PolicyReader
03-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Here's another item we can add to the list of things Paul opposed (almost alone) and has been enacted.
http://rt.com/usa/news/trespass-bill-obama-secret-227/

He was also the first aboard to stop SOPA lest that be forgotten. I certainly think that Liberty minded folks should be concerned with civil liberties.
Lest we forget Independents are 40% of the electorate this cycle, we have every reason to gather their support and solidify it.
Want to win more CDs and thus more delegates in California? Get more Independents and cross over votes (I know the people on the ground in CA know this, but we could be helping them).

Beyond that Small Government and Civil Liberties go hand in and (just ask the Founding Fathers, or, you know the nations troops).

sailing is right, we need to be more proactive there are supporters (not very politically active but would vote for Paul) who as of last week did not even know he was still in the race I fixed the situation with the ones I talked too but I've no doubt that the issue is bigger than my personal reach. Let's do everything we can to ensure we are not complicit with the MSM blackout of Ron Paul.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 11:40 AM
edited OP to take out moneybomb and make it an internet ad idea, since there already is a moneybomb on delegates in the works.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Here's another item we can add to the list of things Paul opposed (almost alone) and has been enacted.

He was also the first aboard to stop SOPA lest that be forgotten. I certainly think that Liberty minded folks should be concerned with civil liberties.
Lest we forget Independents are 40% of the electorate this cycle, we have every reason to gather their support and solidify it.
Want to win more CDs and thus more delegates in California? Get more Independents and cross over votes (I know the people on the ground in CA know this, but we could be helping them).

Beyond that Small Government and Civil Liberties go hand in and (just ask the Founding Fathers, or, you know the nations troops).

sailing is right, we need to be more proactive there are supporters (not very politically active but would vote for Paul) who as of last week did not even know he was still in the race I fixed the situation with the ones I talked too but I've no doubt that the issue is bigger than my personal reach. Let's do everything we can to ensure we are not complicit with the MSM blackout of Ron Paul.

I'll fetch his vote on that since there is a Huff Po article out there pretending Ron abstained (to be fair opencongress misreported that he had, on a bill on an amendment where he simply wasn't there. He voted no on the bill.)

--
edit, here is the clerk report of the vote on the main bill: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll149.xml

Philosophy_of_Politics
03-16-2012, 11:42 AM
The issue we're having, is that Ron Paul supporters are unified in spirit, but not unified where these grassroots generated idea's could be viewed. Centralization is bad for government, but when you need a source of information in order to organize, you need it. We need to get all Ron Paul supporters onto a centralized information source, in order to maintain momentum, or generate more.

We have to analyze our own base. From where I sit, we have 3 types of supporters. We have the hardcore that are addicted to the cause, we have the "decided" voters who don't spend as much time as the hardcore, and then we have soft supporters like every other candidates. This is an intellectual revolution, so getting all of them to a "hotspot" or a "bed" of trustworthy information that keeps all of them up-to-date would be a great step. I view forums as a great way, but many people don't like the forums. For the millions of supporters we have, there's no easy accessible source of information for people. Everything is done by word of mouth, and it works. But when time is of the essence, we need something more concrete, reliable, and speedy.

Gray Fullbuster
03-16-2012, 11:43 AM
appeal to lgbts but imho.

03-16-2012, 11:44 AM
I've got nothing. I'm hoping that as this primary slogs on into the spring and summer and the states hold conventions, msm will be forced to update the delegate totals and it gives Ron a buzz going into NY, CA and TX when it turns out he is ahead of Gingrich and around the same as Santorum.

PolicyReader
03-16-2012, 11:48 AM
I'll fetch his vote on that since there is a Huff Po article out there pretending Ron abstained (to be fair opencongress misreported that he had, on a bill on an amendment where he simply wasn't there. He voted no on the bill.)

--
edit, here is the clerk report of the vote on the main bill: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll149.xml

Good to have the facts on hand, there's so much misinformation out there (mistaken and intentional :p )

back a bit more on the OP (but still on this bill too) I think that those who aren't concerned about civil liberties simply aren't that well acquainted with how the US legal system works. Precedent is no small thing in a legal context (which is one of the reasons Paul was so opposed to Obamas assassination order)

craezie
03-16-2012, 11:49 AM

sounds nice, except we have a closed primary. People have to register as Republican months ahead, which is very difficult to get people to do unless they are highly motivated. We cannot count on independents.

Esoteric
03-16-2012, 11:49 AM
1) The campaign sends a release to the media that Ron is going to make an "announcement".

2) Media speculates about dropping out, endorsement, etc.

3) Ron takes the opportunity to give a WAKE UP CALL to Republicans, giving a bold speech on how the parties change, but nothing changes, and that there is no path to the whitehouse without him. This will excite us, and get a ton of press.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 11:50 AM
appeal to lgbts but imho.

we have lgbt supporters but there is a daily kos type influence with a bunch of lgbt publications where they try to spin everything Ron says and are against him, for other reasons. We do have some support. The thing about civil liberties is that unlike a lot of Ron's issues where he alone has a sane approach (such as that one) this one doesn't infuriate the religious right. It doesn't much INTEREST whole swaths of the right.... although TSA does, but it doesn't make them hate him. Ron (imho) essentially lost the 'organized evangelical voting block' due to his refusal to pander on lgbt issues. Ron's positions are Ron's positions, period. But if that marriage organization funded by one very rich guy (it seems) with an incredible hang up on that issue, running ads throughout the early contests saying how 'horrible' Ron is on gay issues (meaning he won't back a Constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage) doesn't show lgbt issues voters that Ron is the one they should want, I'm not sure what will.

Constitutional Paulicy
03-16-2012, 11:50 AM
I think a remake of the song with a more modern spin to it would be best ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XckCh-CQfMg

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 11:51 AM
sounds nice, except we have a closed primary. People have to register as Republican months ahead, which is very difficult to get people to do unless they are highly motivated. We cannot count on independents.

but the registration date isn't past yet, California registration closes May 21, 2012 for the June primary so we have time to make an issue of this! http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/elections_vr.htm Also Texas is an OPEN primary and I think we REALLY need to make a push for those two states. Reagan almost won the 1976 convention with ONLY those two states, and both are winner take all BY DISTRICT.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 11:51 AM
1) The campaign sends a release to the media that Ron is going to make an "announcement".

3) Ron takes the opportunity to give a WAKE UP CALL to Republicans, giving a bold speech on how the parties change, but nothing changes, and that there is no path to the whitehouse without him. This will excite us, and get a ton of press.

If we have something good enough to say, that might be a good idea, I agree! We can't do it many times, so we have to have something for them to print.

Highstreet
03-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Maybe we need a DAILY TWEET THREAD.

Have suggestions each night, pick the most popular one, then after midnight it's on like Donkey Kong!

If we are all tweeting, face booking the same thing the "trending" and "popularity" will pick up each daily idea.

wgadget
03-16-2012, 11:54 AM

This, in front of an active DEBT CLOCK.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 11:54 AM
I think a remake of the song with a more modern spin to it would be best ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XckCh-CQfMg

Whatever works, but I'd like to put a link to buying the itunes version in the video if that will make it legal to use even by the campaign... I asked if that did, thinking people would know who make videos and put them on youtube, but no one said.

OK, now having listened to it, I kinda like the other version better, but honestly, it is whatever people think others would listen to. We want people to spread the videos. Maybe a variety would be good.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 11:55 AM

Have suggestions each night, pick the most popular one, then after midnight it's on like Donkey Kong!

If we are all tweeting, face booking the same thing the "trending" and "popularity" will pick up each daily idea.

that's a great idea!! We could get it to @RonPaulTweeps and all the others!

Gray Fullbuster

Get this to Wead.

TheGrinch
I'd be happy to assist you with a video (which I've been meaning to do for some time)... Footage of civil rights issues and rallies/protests would be great, but this could probably be done jsut with move-on-stills and be plenty effective... The lyrics to that song make for an easy transition between the issues and the activism to stand up against the civil rights abuses.... You could end with "Liberty and Justice" followed by "FOR ALL" below it...

PM me if you'd like to coordinate, but I think I could take this and run with it. I agree that something needs to be done to remind and recruit people to what we're fighting for and against.

PolicyReader
03-16-2012, 11:57 AM

^^Good point here, we can use 'trending' to our advantage if we make the effort focused.

I know there are some people with high levels of tech savvy on these boards, someone want to jump in with search optimization and trending tips? It's all derived from algorithms so there's no question we can optimize, just need someone in the know to help with formatting.

As to civil liberties in general I think focusing on where Ron scores highest according to the ACLU would be good when targeting cross over and indy voters (don't even have to cite the group by name since some GOP voters are super touchy about the ACLU :rolleyes: sovereignty of personal property and personal choice, it's the core of the Liberty message and it's where the wide appeal comes from, just a question of packaging really )

wgadget
03-16-2012, 11:58 AM

Yes, we can do this NOW. And it's FREE.

I'll make the thread, but I'll give you the credit, k? :D

Philosophy_of_Politics
03-16-2012, 12:01 PM
My idea is that the campaign needs to launch a 1-2 minute official ad (perhaps one made by us?), which explains the entire concept of liberty (freedom), and how it applies to us as Americans. It would spread like wildfire, assuming it was emotionally provocative and professional.

Those of us which already understand Ron Paul's message, are already supporters. But, to many people truly are superficial in their voting habits, and using the same message Ron Paul espouses in a more beautifully wrapped exterior may be a great way to do so. The ad should also explain why the other candidates don't protect their god-given/natural freedoms and rights. It should be emotionally provocative, articulate, and merciless towards the other candidates.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 12:01 PM
I'd be happy to assist you with a video (which I've been meaning to do for some time)... Footage of civil rights issues and rallies/protests would be great, but this could probably be done jsut with move-on-stills and be plenty effective... The lyrics to that song make for an easy transition between the issues and the activism to stand up against the civil rights abuses.... You could end with "Liberty and Justice" followed by "FOR ALL" below it...

PM me if you'd like to coordinate, but I think I could take this and run with it. I agree that something needs to be done to remind and recruit people to what we're fighting for and against.

take this and run with it! Maybe put in some of Ron's pictures from his HUGE crowds with dates if they work, media is NOT mentioning those! Let us know if you need help finding material, pictures, video etc.

wgadget
03-16-2012, 12:03 PM
You could call your video RON PAUL ENTHUSIASM, WE ARE RON PAUL, or something like that.

To offset the idea that the GOP nominees are bo-ring.

SneakyFrenchSpy
03-16-2012, 12:03 PM

You mean the speech he should have given to our troops after Super Tuesday in order to keep hope in the campaign alive? I'm still waiting for such a scenario but I don't know if the campaign has such theatrics in them...

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 12:06 PM
My idea is that the campaign needs to launch a 1-2 minute official ad (perhaps one made by us?), which explains the entire concept of liberty (freedom), and how it applies to us as Americans. It would spread like wildfire, assuming it was emotionally provocative and professional.

Those of us which already understand Ron Paul's message, are already supporters. But, to many people truly are superficial in their voting habits, and using the same message Ron Paul espouses in a more beautifully wrapped exterior may be a great way to do so. The ad should also explain why the other candidates don't protect their god-given/natural freedoms and rights. It should be emotionally provocative, articulate, and merciless towards the other candidates.

I think they don't have much money and have to assume they will need it to fund delegate coordination. If we want that, I agree we would have to make it and copyright clear it, and then we'd have to figure out cost as a 'donation'.... Maybe better if we just do it as we did High Tide last time (well, I donated to it, I didn't do anything else, but it felt like 'we' :p...)

PolicyReader
03-16-2012, 12:07 PM

Include some footage of the DC march and what the troops are saying as well, point out that freedom is what unites America from civil servants (military and otherwise) [insert Paul clip saying that Oath of office matters more than playing politics] to activist students and rallies as you mentioned. Can even round it out with agreement from Church Leaders and Professors. Hit the whole palette, we're the only horse running who can draw real support from the whole spectrum lets use that

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 12:08 PM
You mean the speech he should have given to our troops after Super Tuesday in order to keep hope in the campaign alive? I'm still waiting for such a scenario but I don't know if the campaign has such theatrics in them...

take campaign bashing to the vent, please, this thread is not for that.

wgadget
03-16-2012, 12:08 PM
**AND DON'T FORGET TO SHOW HOW PAUL POLLS AGAINST OBAMA.**

PolicyReader
03-16-2012, 12:09 PM
+1

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 12:09 PM
^^Good point here, we can use 'trending' to our advantage if we make the effort focused.

I know there are some people with high levels of tech savvy on these boards, someone want to jump in with search optimization and trending tips? It's all derived from algorithms so there's no question we can optimize, just need someone in the know to help with formatting.

As to civil liberties in general I think focusing on where Ron scores highest according to the ACLU would be good when targeting cross over and indy voters (don't even have to cite the group by name since some GOP voters are super touchy about the ACLU :rolleyes: sovereignty of personal property and personal choice, it's the core of the Liberty message and it's where the wide appeal comes from, just a question of packaging really )

Ron's overall ACLU REPORT CARD is better than Obama's....

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 12:10 PM

+1776, and his ACLU report card in this one instance being better might help.... but we may need a series of videos.

TheGrinch
03-16-2012, 12:10 PM
take this and run with it! Maybe put in some of Ron's pictures from his HUGE crowds with dates if they work, media is NOT mentioning those! Let us know if you need help finding material, pictures, video etc.

Include some footage of the DC march and what the troops are saying as well, point out that freedom is what unites America from civil servants (military and otherwise) [insert Paul clip saying that Oath of office matters more than playing politics] to activist students and rallies as you mentioned. Can even round it out with agreement from Church Leaders and Professors. Hit the whole palette, we're the only horse running who can draw real support from the whole spectrum lets use that

Noted, and good ideas.

I can use all the pics, footage, or anything anyone's got (there's a lot of clips need for a ~3 minute song), but I'll be sure to ask if there's anything specific. Paul speeches are probably the one thing I cannot locate on my own, so if there's anyone who's got them archived, let's sendspace or dropbox it and get this thing done!

PolicyReader
03-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Ron's overall ACLU REPORT CARD is better than Obama's....

Yep, plus most of Pauls "shortfalls" there are because he advocates the States having jurisdiction where as Obamas are broken campaign promises

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Noted, and good ideas.

I can use all the pics, footage, or anything anyone's got (there's a lot of clips need for a ~3 minute song), but I'll be sure to ask if there's anything specific. Paul speeches are probably the one thing I cannot locate on my own, so if there's anyone who's got them archived, let's sendspace or dropbox it and get this thing done!

I don't have the speeches archived but we have hd of all the early ones and non hd of the others on threads here, I'd be happy to search if I knew what you were looking for, socal found a bunch lately when the campaign stopped posting them. Did you want specific topics? I know Ron discussed NDAA etc in NH and recently in his Idaho / Washington swings, very well (huge rallies seem to throw him off because he barely gets a topic out and people roar, he goes to just slinging issues, not discussing them)

TheGrinch
03-16-2012, 12:18 PM
I don't have the speeches archived but we have hd of all the early ones and non hd of the others on threads here, I'd be happy to search if I knew what you were looking for, socal found a bunch lately when the campaign stopped posting them. Did you want specific topics? I know Ron discussed NDAA etc in NH and recently in his Idaho / Washington swings, very well (huge rallies seem to throw him off because he barely gets a topic out and people roar, he goes to just slinging issues, not discussing them)
I'd like to find something where he speaks more generally about liberty... Could still maybe use clips about particular issues at particular parts, but I was more thinking to let the visual imagery/lyrics drive home the issues, while more using his speeches to remind us more generally about why all of those issues important (i.e., liberty).

But I can do some searching for the perfect audio clip, so any you can point me to in HD or even non would be excellent. I wish I could be more specific than that, but there's probably one perfect clip in most any of his speeches anyway.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 12:20 PM
I'd like to find something where he speaks more generally about liberty... Could still maybe use clips about particular issues at particular parts, but I was more thinking to let the visual imagery/lyrics drive home the issues, while more using his speeches to remind us more generally about why all of those issues important (i.e., liberty).

OK, but just as a suggestion, there are a lot of the politically less active who don't know about NDAA and even a lot who do who don't know where Ron stands. If they don't know there is a problem, the solution is less of a galvanizing need. Personally, I'd put those in, or some other specific, TSA, Patriot Act..etc.

my thought that 'something's happening here' was along the lines of showing that something IS happening here, but you may have a different way to grab people planned...

later today I will take a look for good 'liberty' clips, he has so many....

wgadget
03-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Grinch, can you make a video directed to Democrat-leaners (civil liberties and war issues) and one directed to Republican-leaners (debt and spending issues)?

Obama is guilty of causing shock and dismay from both sides, where Ron's stances on those issues unify both sides, WHILE Ron engenders Obama-like ENTHUSIASM. Throw in the electability factor (against Obama) and anyone would be stupid to ignore Ron Paul.

nedomedo
03-16-2012, 12:27 PM
I agree with this thread. We need to promote something like we do with the money bombs but it doesn't have to be a money bomb...just promoting Ron Paul to people in an organized way.

PolicyReader
03-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Here's the last debate, there's some good footage in there. Paul taking about winning the argument about war on economics (since you haven't listened to the moral and legal issues) etc.
It also has Ron talking about how 'to go along to get along' is the problem with politics.
http://ronpaulflix.com/2012/02/ron-paul-highlights-of-final-cnn-republican-debate-feb-22-2012/

TheGrinch
03-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Grinch, can you make a video directed to Democrat-leaners (civil liberties and war issues) and one directed to Republican-leaners (debt and spending issues)?

Obama is guilty of causing shock and dismay from both sides, where Ron's stances on those issues unify both sides, WHILE Ron engenders Obama-like ENTHUSIASM. Throw in the electability factor (against Obama) and anyone would be stupid to ignore Ron Paul.
Sure, I think this video is already more liberal-friendly (not to say they're just liberal issues, but I agree that certain aspects of this movement appeal to each side more than others).

As for the republican issues, there were some very solid soundbites in the last debate about spending and his electability against Obama. I'm down to do one of those too.

OK, but just as a suggestion, there are a lot of the politically less active who don't know about NDAA and even a lot who do who don't know where Ron stands. If they don't know there is a problem, the solution is less of a galvanizing need. Personally, I'd put those in, or some other specific, TSA, Patriot Act..etc.

my thought that 'something's happening here' was along the lines of showing that something IS happening here, but you may have a different way to grab people planned...

later today I will take a look for good 'liberty' clips, he has so many....
Yes, by all means then, I'll try to incorporate those clips, if not just the soundbites in some places. Anything that you think is important and is in line with the civil rights/liberty theme of this video.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 12:33 PM
meanwhile there is no need to wait for the daily tweet. I just sent this one: #Romney supports indefinite detention of Americans clause in #NDAA http://bit.ly/xccb6S @RonPaul OPPOSES NDAA & HR347 & #PatriotAct #p2 #ows

someone else provided the link and first part of it in a different thread.

TheGrinch
03-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Here's the last debate, there's some good footage in there. Paul taking about winning the argument about war on economics (since you haven't listened to the moral and legal issues) etc.
It also has Ron talking about how 'to go along to get along' is the problem with politics.
http://ronpaulflix.com/2012/02/ron-paul-highlights-of-final-cnn-republican-debate-feb-22-2012/
Yes, I've shared that particular clip, and think it is very effective. However, I don't have any ripping software or anything, so I would need a download of the footage.

RDM
03-16-2012, 12:34 PM
We need a:

I voted for Ron Paul because: {VIDEO}

Let me explain the concept.

Ron has a hard time articulating his speeches to the average everyday citizen. They want to hear solutions not intellectual speak. Don't jump the gun and bash me here now. Just listen. Most voters vote on issues to heart. How is this candidate going to "HELP ME" with "MY PROBLEM".

There are about 4 demographics candidates focus on:
1. Senior citizens
2. Working class
3. Lower income class
4. Women

Now, you build a video around each of those demographics. Roughly 2 minute video. But you do it with actual people sending in video clips of themselves saying why? For example:
You could have a senior citizen say: I voted for Ron Paul because his budget plan will preserve social security for me.
You could have a women say: I voted for Ron Paul because he's a Doctor who understands women's rights
You could have a business person say: I voted for Ron Paul because as a business person, Ron Paul's free market strategy will help me grow my business.
Etc, etc. etc. I think you get where this is going.

You compile and edit all these video clips into a collage of voters who support Ron Paul for different reasons that effect everyday citizens. Solutions that people can relate to.

Is this concept doable and make sense?

jemuf
03-16-2012, 12:37 PM
The issue we're having, is that Ron Paul supporters are unified in spirit, but not unified where these grassroots generated idea's could be viewed. Centralization is bad for government, but when you need a source of information in order to organize, you need it. We need to get all Ron Paul supporters onto a centralized information source, in order to maintain momentum, or generate more.

We have to analyze our own base. From where I sit, we have 3 types of supporters. We have the hardcore that are addicted to the cause, we have the "decided" voters who don't spend as much time as the hardcore, and then we have soft supporters like every other candidates. This is an intellectual revolution, so getting all of them to a "hotspot" or a "bed" of trustworthy information that keeps all of them up-to-date would be a great step. I view forums as a great way, but many people don't like the forums. For the millions of supporters we have, there's no easy accessible source of information for people. Everything is done by word of mouth, and it works. But when time is of the essence, we need something more concrete, reliable, and speedy.

Centralization, centralization, centralization...

Nothing is more powerful than a group of organized people working toward a common goal.

Time is running out for the Ron Paul campaign. I don't know what the national campaign is doing now or if it intends to change strategies after dismal Super Tuesday, March 10th, and March 13th results.

The campaign and grassroots cannot keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Something...somewhere is wrong! Maybe it's because Dr. Paul feels "obligated" to continue (spoken at 1:08 of this video clip):

http://ronpaulflix.com/2012/03/ron-paul-on-cnbc-possible-brokered-convention-mar-13-2012/

I'm ex-military, I'm an ex-manager, I'm an innovative thinker, and I'm not phased by long odds.

How many pro-Ron Paul organizations are there? There's Ron Paul Forums, Daily Paul, etc. How many thousands of active members are there?

This entire 'group' needs to be organized. The larger bodies need to communicate with each other and pursue common goals.

The members need to be asked to volunteer for teams, and the teams need to have team leaders. The teams I imagine are a Twitter team, a Facebook team, a Google TV ads team, Fox "News" counter response team, Other national media counter response team, team to pursue Bill O'Reilly boycott, etc.

What does a team do? For example, Twitter; the power of Twitter can't be denied. Everyday or for one week the team leader directs the team to tweet the same message (Romney supports NDAA, http://youtube.video).

I believe that there's too much wasted energy. Even though it seems like we're one I think most of the potential is lost to individuality or the illusion of accomplishment.

Maybe the idea can be put before the RPF masses (many of whom seem to be chiefs and not Indians).

TheGrinch
03-16-2012, 12:41 PM
We need a:

Ron has a hard time articulating his speeches to the average everyday citizen. They want to hear solutions not intellectual speak. Don't jump the gun and bash me here now. Just listen. Most voters vote on issues to heart. How is this candidate going to "HELP ME" with "MY PROBLEM".

1. Senior citizens
2. Working class
3. Lower income class
4. Women

Now, you build a video around each of those demographics. Roughly 2 minute video. But you do it with actual people sending in video clips of themselves saying why? For example:
You could have a senior citizen say: I voted for Ron Paul because his budget plan will preserve social security for me.
You could have a women say: I voted for Ron Paul because he's a Doctor who understands women's rights
You could have a business person say: I voted for Ron Paul because as a business person, Ron Paul's free market strategy will help me grow my business.

You compile and edit all these video clips into a collage of voters who support Ron Paul for different reasons that effect everyday citizens. Solutions that people can relate to.

I like the idea, though are you talking about seperate videos like you first said, or jsut compiling them all into the same video to show that we speak for all these people? I kind of like the latter idea better, but I jsut don't really have the time to find the people and film, other than maybe 1 or 2. I'd need a lot more assistance for that, whereas with this, it's a lot easier to get the footage and compile it in my spare time.

realtonygoodwin
03-16-2012, 12:41 PM
The only thing that could help is winning a state outright. We should make these videos and choose a state and target voters there...

PolicyReader
03-16-2012, 12:43 PM

@ 19 minutes in there's the reference to the economic argument I mentioned, depending on the way you're laying things out it might work well to juxtapose clips of those earlier arguments with this one (tho that might be more toward a second conservative leaning vid, not sure )

Yes, I've shared that particular clip, and think it is very effective. However, I don't have any ripping software or anything, so I would need a download of the footage.
Just saw this, I'll see if I can find the specific segment in a more portable form for you.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 12:49 PM
We need a:

1. Senior citizens
2. Working class
3. Lower income class
4. Women

It is and does if there are video makers who want to take that on. Maybe we should have themes of the week with the more popular ones just continuing, or something?

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 12:52 PM
I like the idea, though are you talking about seperate videos like you first said, or jsut compiling them all into the same video to show that we speak for all these people? I kind of like the latter idea better, but I jsut don't really have the time to find the people and film, other than maybe 1 or 2. I'd need a lot more assistance for that, whereas with this, it's a lot easier to get the footage and compile it in my spare time.

I'd personally say go with the civil liberties/ liberty issue and get a video out we could start with, and then as ideas come up pitch into the best ones. I'm hoping that as others come on over the next few days there will be other video makers, and we could have multiple being made, then each showcased in tweets etc for a period, with the ones that catch on most being recirculated constantly. I know a couple other people had wanted to do them when we raised this earlier.

Carlybee
03-16-2012, 12:54 PM

We need a WikiPaul

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 12:55 PM
We need a WikiPaul

we have a Ron Paul on the issues and stuff, maybe someone good with web pages could do that?

TheGrinch
03-16-2012, 12:55 PM
I'd personally say go with the civil liberties/ liberty issue and get a video out we could start with, and then as ideas come up pitch into the best ones. I'm hoping that as others come on over the next few days there will be other video makers, and we could have multiple being made, then each showcased in tweets etc for a period, with the ones that catch on most being recirculated constantly. I know a couple other people had wanted to do them when we raised this earlier.
Sure, and I'm not going to be prideful about it if someone else can do it better. Especially if there are any aftereffects gurus, I'd be more than willing to turn over my work to them to jazz it up. But I think I have a pretty good idea in mind with this one though.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 12:57 PM
We have identified an issue -- need of ripped downloads of video footage. Later today I am going to pull clips that have footage that might work for the first video, but neither I nor the video maker have ripping software. Is there someone who does who would be willing to simply take footage after it is selected and rip it into a download to send to the video maker(s)? It wouldn't be a commitment of making the videos, but ripping the downloads is a huge necessary step, if someone will step up for that!

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Sure, and I'm not going to be prideful about it if someone else can do it better. Especially if there are any aftereffects gurus, I'd be more than willing to turn over my work to them to jazz it up. But I think I have a pretty good idea in mind with this one though.

I wasn't thinking of 'better', just 'more'!!

:p

We welcome as many as you are willing to make!

Carlybee
03-16-2012, 12:59 PM
we have a Ron Paul on the issues and stuff, maybe someone good with web pages could do that?

Maybe someone familiar with Wiki editing and set up to show up everytime RP is searched along with other keywords.

RDM
03-16-2012, 01:01 PM
It is and does if there are video makers who want to take that on. Maybe we should have themes of the week with the more popular ones just continuing, or something?

That could be a concept worth looking into. A reply to Grinch: I more or less was recommending one video with a collage of demographic voters. But this theme idea Sailingaway recommended could do the trick with a tweet campaign with titles that stimulate reaction to watch.

ZENemy
03-16-2012, 01:03 PM
I got an idea!

lets go to the white house and protest!!

oh wait...we cant!

floridasun1983
03-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Ron Paul alone is going to generate momentum for himself; if he doesn't, then nothing we can do here will. As another poster stated as an idea, a press release that he's going to make a major "announcement," leave them hanging expecting him to drop out, and then stand up and deliver a knockout, blockbuster speech, would be such a move. Ron MUST get himself in front of the voters, and I'm sorry to say most of them are glued to their idiot boxes.

YouTube videos, Tweeting, liking on FaceBook, or even a blimp, are not going to generate momentum. It begins and ends with Ron.

Tyler_Durden
03-16-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm just arriving and haven't read through all 6 pages on this thread, but one thing the Campaign needs that's FREE is EFFECTIVE SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING.

My business partner (she has 10+ years of marketing/ad experience) reviewed the Ron Paul Facebook page, YouTube and ronpaul2012 website the other day and then sent this to Doug Wead and Jack Hunter. We have corresponded with Doug several times on this matter and he has acknowledged that they are trying to work on the Social Media Marketing aspect:

"I have reviewed the current as well as previous activity on the RP Official Page and before I begin dissecting, let me ask:
RON PAUL IS IGNORED/MARGINALIZED BY THE MEDIA, BUT LEADS IN ALL ONLINE FORUMS (twitter/Facebook/YouTube, etc). THE CAMPAIGN MUST USE EFFECTIVE SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING TO REACH A BROADER AUDIENCE!! This is free Media usage that nobody can marginalize or black-out!!!*
There is no twitter app installed on the Facebook page, or if there is, it's not working.
The articles and blogs on the ronpaul2012 website should be pushed out to the Ron Paul Twitter/Facebook pages
He has a few videos on the page and a Youtube channel, yet now YouTube Channel app installed to promote it on Facebook?
Minimalistic graphics..why no custom banners EVERYWHERE?? *Timeline is upon us, why not make the change & install a custom Timeline cover?
Use memes or a picture every chance possible.*
Calendar app is installed but not being utilized?
Questions app is intalled but not being utilized?
Donate Ron Paul app is not "Donate Ron Paul"...this is a gate page that should be set in another area!!!
NEEDS MORE APPS!!!! *Preferably polls, user engagement apps, etc
Some of the most recognized "social media guru's" all agree on these topics, yet as a whole this is not happening:
Write about a current event and tie it to your brand or industry. (**see below for more detail)
Find and share a funny YouTube video loosely related your brand or industry.
Ask your audience to post questions, pictures or stories about your brand to your wall.
Repost the most interesting content back out as an update.

Regularly post/share articles and videos (such as Romney's 5 relatives endorsing Paul or Santorum saying "vote Ron Paul")*
**On January 17, 2012 RP posted a compelling statement on FB regarding SOPA and had the HIGHEST amount of shares (9K+) and the post recieved 46k+ likes in what appears to be a record breaker. That day, the Ron Paul Facebook page was receiving 1000 new likes per hour! That was effective social media marketing!*
These are just a few critical things I noticed and wanted to pass along. SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING. - LEARN IT, KNOW IT, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT."

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm just arriving and haven't read through all 6 pages on this thread, but one thing the Campaign needs that's FREE is EFFECTIVE SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING.

My business partner (she has 10+ years of marketing/ad experience) reviewed the Ron Paul Facebook page, YouTube and ronpaul2012 website the other day and then sent this to Doug Wead and Jack Hunter. We have corresponded with Doug several times on this matter and he has acknowledged that they are trying to work on the Social Media Marketing aspect:

Yeah. Maybe when we get a slew of ideas we should start taking the more popular ones people are working on and start separate threads. There were a couple people willing to work on his media for free at one point, but I don't know if they are committed to other projects by now. I'm trying to come up with stuff WE can do, not digging into the campaign's attention and funds, which I suspect are lower than we'd like.

Tyler_Durden
03-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Yeah. Maybe when we get a slew of ideas we should start taking the more popular ones people are working on and start separate threads. There were a couple people willing to work on his media for free at one point, but I don't know if they are committed to other projects by now. I'm trying to come up with stuff WE can do, not digging into the campaign's attention and funds, which I suspect are lower than we'd like.

We volunteered to donate our time and energy with the SMM. I will continue to emphasize it until I see improvements. It's a horse worth beating.....

The Media and TPTB can't take it away from us. Yet.

Tod
03-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Man, the lyrics in that song REALLY fit!

step outa line, the man come and take you away

as a side note, I got myself on a moveon.org :rolleyes: mailing list and the latest e-mail from them said that OWS is expected to be bigger than ever this summer; they are gearing up now, with more than 500 training events scheduled.

roversaurus
03-16-2012, 01:29 PM
We need something funny.

Can someone make ... I don't know, a daily editorial cartoon focused on Ron Paul? Or near him?
Funny videos. Really short. But funny.

Funny gets circulated a lot faster than a 5 minute treatise on economics.

slacker921
03-16-2012, 01:32 PM
All of the debates are archived here (http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2011-2012-primary-debate-schedule/)..

We need to look in the mirror for a way to give Ron momentum. There are huge numbers of registered voters who aren't paying attention, don't vote in the primaries, and would go vote for Paul if a Paul supporter simply asked them to. What would give Paul momentum is if every Paul supporter in Missouri challenged themselves and other Missouri Paul supporters to bring 10 friends or family members to caucus with them.

Look at the results by precinct of any caucus so far and you'll see lots of cases where there are only 1 or 2 votes for Paul in an entire precinct. Look at the results for most of those caucus states and you'll see that if there were just one more vote for Paul in each of those precincts then Paul would have won the state.

People of Missouri - you're up tomorrow. Get on the phone and find 10 apathetic voters who will go caucus with you. You don't have to convince them that Paul is the savior - just beg them to go vote for him as a favor to you. Some will do it because they want to protest the media telling them that the race is between Romney and Santorum. Some will do it because they can't stand Romney and Santorum. Some will just do it because they know it's important to you. Here's the info you will need (http://www.ksgf.com/electioninfo/136435113.html).

wgadget
03-16-2012, 01:33 PM
The only thing that could help is winning a state outright. We should make these videos and choose a state and target voters there...

There was an article on Drudge that said it may be CA that decides...

roversaurus
03-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Hey, I kind of like my idea.
What if we have a sticky'ed thread where lots of people could post ideas for a funny editorial cartoon. It might need to be moderated to prune the arguments but not the ideas (even poor ideas) With that we would need only a couple (even one) person with artistic talent to draw them and then post them to the same or another thread. Where the masses of us here could disseminate them via email and facebook and twitter or whatever.

At least I assume the artwork would be easier than coming up with good ideas.

We need something funny.

Can someone make ... I don't know, a daily editorial cartoon focused on Ron Paul? Or near him?
Funny videos. Really short. But funny.

Funny gets circulated a lot faster than a 5 minute treatise on economics.

PolicyReader
03-16-2012, 01:35 PM
We volunteered to donate our time and energy with the SMM. I will continue to emphasize it until I see improvements. It's a horse worth beating.....

The Media and TPTB can't take it away from us. Yet.
Agreed. I'm no pro like you and your partner seem to be but I've been trying to use this angle as best I know how (talking about Pauls NDAA stance on CivLib pages/profiles, talking about his SOPA stance during and before 'blackout day' etc.) I have more internet time than other time due to my context so if there are things I can do in support of this let me know (I can even very likely get some other people on it if there were a 'hot list' of things to do)

RDM
03-16-2012, 01:40 PM
All of the debates are archived here (http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2011-2012-primary-debate-schedule/)..

We need to look in the mirror for a way to give Ron momentum. There are huge numbers of registered voters who aren't paying attention, don't vote in the primaries, and would go vote for Paul if a Paul supporter simply asked them to. What would give Paul momentum is if every Paul supporter in Missouri challenged themselves and other Missouri Paul supporters to bring 10 friends or family members to caucus with them.

Look at the results by precinct of any caucus so far and you'll see lots of cases where there are only 1 or 2 votes for Paul in an entire precinct. Look at the results for most of those caucus states and you'll see that if there were just one more vote for Paul in each of those precincts then Paul would have won the state.

People of Missouri - you're up tomorrow. Get on the phone and find 10 apathetic voters who will go caucus with you. You don't have to convince them that Paul is the savior - just beg them to go vote for him as a favor to you. Some will do it because they want to protest the media telling them that the race is between Romney and Santorum. Some will do it because they can't stand Romney and Santorum. Some will just do it because they know it's important to you. Here's the info you will need (http://www.ksgf.com/electioninfo/136435113.html).

Tsk...Tsk...Tsk....GOTV is a dirty four letter word on this forum.

PolicyReader
03-16-2012, 01:55 PM

+rep

TheGrinch
03-16-2012, 02:00 PM

These archives are great, but I either need a copy of the source file (mpeg, avi, or mp4) o0r access to ripping software that I can trust not to put spyware on my PC.

TheGrinch
03-16-2012, 03:10 PM
What in the world are you guys talking about stopping GOTV efforts? Phone-from-home ring a bell? And this is not to mention all of the localized efforts. We have counties with hundreds decidcated to stuff like this in GA, and got 60,000 to cast a vote for Dr. Paul, so sorry if I take that as an insult that you think people here are stifling that.

Anyways, please keep your apathy to yourself. That's the opposite of what this thread is about, and if your will is that weak, then well, all we can ask for is your vote, because no one said this was going to be easy... Please leave alone those with real work to do though, whether you agrree with it or not is irrelevant..

I often wonder how many of these "realist" posts are just trolls intentionally trying to distract, divide and dissuade.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Yes, it's almost like there are sock puppets here for the specific task of stopping GOTV efforts.

... and how has focusing on youtube videos, online polls, and overall ruling the Internet campaign wars while ignoring GOTV efforts worked out so far? Maybe for a change the grassroots should focus on encouraging personal GOTV efforts?

Here's a quick fact along those lines. In Colorado there were only 6 votes for Paul for every Paul donor (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgB4QNfY9RNXdG5XX3g1a2lwcFNZaTRpN2x6T0VvR nc#gid=0). Romney had 26 votes per donor. Most of the votes for Paul are coming from hard core Paul supporters and they aren't bringing many casual voters with them to vote. Change that, and you've changed the game.

so go start a GOTV thread, don't derail this one.

(moved some posts to a new GOTV thread, which is a great idea, also.)

rpwi
03-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Ideas to get Ron PR...:

* Get on TV shows that are not network news (eg daytime shows)...lots of fresh new ears there
* Go mega-negative...only negative campaigns really work which is the ugly truth. There is tons of dirt that 'we' know about that the public doesn't about the remaining three. eg How many know Jack Abramoff bribed Santorum on the legislation affecting the Mariana Islands?
* Do a shocking or unexpected ad that goes viral and gets free tier-2 media exposure (like bigfoot)
* Make rumblings about a third party run (like announce an exploratory commission into seeking the LP nomimation)...PR guaranteed
* Publicly challenge the other candidates to a debate...and denounce them as cowards if they don't attend (debates are soooo valuable for Ron)
* More truth bombs in Ron's speeches...Ron tends to speak in generalities and repeat the same stuff...but that won't get the headlines. He needs people to have "I didn't know that was happening" moments.
* Go after independents/lefties...they're sleeping giants. Attack Obama publicly on libertarian-left issues that he's weak on. Go after his support of bailouts and the banks. Nail him on his 2014 goal for removing troops from Afghanistan. Talk about how the drug war is creating economic havoc and how Obama doesn't care even though he was a druggie. Talk about how hemp is at least 4X as efficient than trees at producing pulp for paper. This type of stuff will work well in Wisconsin that has an open primary and is left leaning. Paul has to be careful about singling about labor unions, education, EPA and tax cuts (for the wealthy) when he campaigns for independent votes.
* Appeal to women...that's Ron's biggest weakness. Go after Santorum and his multitude of crazy social conservative quotes. Openly bring up the birth control issue and state how he supports a women's right to use this (polls show this is a big issue).

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Pictures for videos etc

Missouri University 3/15
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/428984_10150652415996686_6233046685_9446503_917724 701_n.jpg

University of Illinois 3/14 (different pictures)
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/418557_10150651395631686_6233046685_9443836_189727 7699_n.jpg
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419216_10150651395556686_6233046685_9443835_200466 7215_n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KkTIU.png

Michigan:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/422187_10150621008366686_6233046685_9337607_200542 1617_n.jpg
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/425434_10150620628211686_6233046685_9336000_769655 47_n.jpg
video of Michigan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o9iEtZnrb3M

Boise Idaho
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/407040_10150600972541686_6233046685_9263822_161241 9519_n.jpg

Springfield Missouri 3/10
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/428985_10150642870656686_6233046685_9412864_101250 2963_n.jpg
http://iroots.org/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0360-2.jpg
more springfield here: http://iroots.org/2012/03/10/ron-paul-live-stream-from-springfield-mo/

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 04:20 PM
More, apparently I had too many pictures for one post:

Lawrence, KS
http://distilleryimage0.instagram.com/e1fa8ac46a4f11e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

Central Michigan University 2/25
http://www.cm-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/AN_ronpaul-560x373.jpg

Oklahoma city 2/25 - this is so big you can pan it, but I couldn't re post it -> http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?363299-RON-PAUL-ATTRACTS-MORE-THAN-1-700-SUPPORTERS-TO-OKLAHOMA-CITY-RALLY&p=4218385#post4218385
http://i42.tinypic.com/23use2q.jpg
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/9b8827e2d9e8f8bf88bfe6fcb/files/OKCRally_500x282_.jpg

Kansas City, Union Station 2/18
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m411/trophyfish2/RPKCMO.jpg

Moscow Idaho 2/17
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/lmtribune.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/a6/8a6bcdb9-810d-5fbe-9bbb-82eac553c6de/4f3f225d5a59e.image.jpg
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/lmtribune.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/a/25/a251e386-17f0-520c-ad84-e4b11c0154b3/4f3f2258b1d19.image.jpg
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/lmtribune.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/06/b06d4494-c527-5389-a838-eb5844bac7bd/4f3f225e9a4e2.image.jpg

rockerrockstar
03-16-2012, 04:21 PM
How about a concert festival in the summer that goes city to city. Like Ozzfest type thing. It could be a liberty and freedom festival. Supported by bands that believe Ron Paul would be the best president. I would like to have skateboarders and bmx free style there too. People hand out flyers for Ron and explain his ideas at the booths. It could be a traveling festival.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 04:25 PM
How about a concert festival in the summer that goes city to city. Like Ozzfest type thing. It could be a liberty and freedom festival. Supported by bands that believe Ron Paul would be the best president. I would like to have skateboarders and bmx free style there too. People hand out flyers for Ron and explain his ideas at the booths. It could be a traveling festival.

those are fun for us, but do they get those who don't follow Ron to pay attention? Not that we shouldn't do those, but for this thread I'm thinking more of something we can circulate with our web presence, which the other candidates would love to have, but which is useless if we don't use it.

That sounds like a fun thing to plan in your town, though!

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 04:59 PM
In case you want text on the NDAA thing, a whole bunch of people who can't read, like Alan West, are saying the bill as passed excludes American citizens from the indefinite detention provisions, however the exemption only applies to one part of the bill and one indefinite detention provision, and there are more than one. Here is text you could scroll, with section numbers, as well as my description of why that is baloney that Americans are exempted, in case you want it:

That 'as passed' [analysis below]

H.R.1540

National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (Enrolled Bill [Final as Passed Both House and Senate] - ENR)
Subtitle D--Counterterrorism

SEC. 1021. AFFIRMATION OF AUTHORITY OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES TO DETAIN COVERED PERSONS PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF MILITARY FORCE.

(a) In General- Congress affirms that the authority of the President to use all necessary and appropriate force pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40; 50 U.S.C. 1541 note) includes the authority for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons (as defined in subsection (b)) pending disposition under the law of war.
(b) Covered Persons- A covered person under this section is any person as follows:
(1) A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks.
(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.
(c) Disposition Under Law of War- The disposition of a person under the law of war as described in subsection (a) may include the following:
(1) Detention under the law of war without trial until the end of the hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force.
(2) Trial under chapter 47A of title 10, United States Code (as amended by the Military Commissions Act of 2009 (title XVIII of Public Law 111-84)).
(3) Transfer for trial by an alternative court or competent tribunal having lawful jurisdiction.
(4) Transfer to the custody or control of the person's country of origin, any other foreign country, or any other foreign entity.
(d) Construction- Nothing in this section is intended to limit or expand the authority of the President or the scope of the Authorization for Use of Military Force.
(e) Authorities- Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.
(f) Requirement for Briefings of Congress- The Secretary of Defense shall regularly brief Congress regarding the application of the authority described in this section, including the organizations, entities, and individuals considered to be `covered persons' for purposes of subsection (b)(2).
SEC. 1022. MILITARY CUSTODY FOR FOREIGN AL-QAEDA TERRORISTS.

(a) Custody Pending Disposition Under Law of War-
(1) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in paragraph (4), the Armed Forces of the United States shall hold a person described in paragraph (2) who is captured in the course of hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) in military custody pending disposition under the law of war.
(2) COVERED PERSONS- The requirement in paragraph (1) shall apply to any person whose detention is authorized under section 1021 who is determined--
(A) to be a member of, or part of, al-Qaeda or an associated force that acts in coordination with or pursuant to the direction of al-Qaeda; and
(B) to have participated in the course of planning or carrying out an attack or attempted attack against the United States or its coalition partners.
(3) DISPOSITION UNDER LAW OF WAR- For purposes of this subsection, the disposition of a person under the law of war has the meaning given in section 1021(c), except that no transfer otherwise described in paragraph (4) of that section shall be made unless consistent with the requirements of section 1028.
(4) WAIVER FOR NATIONAL SECURITY- The President may waive the requirement of paragraph (1) if the President submits to Congress a certification in writing that such a waiver is in the national security interests of the United States.
(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-
(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.
(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.
(c) Implementation Procedures-
(1) IN GENERAL- Not later than 60 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the President shall issue, and submit to Congress, procedures for implementing this section.
(2) ELEMENTS- The procedures for implementing this section shall include, but not be limited to, procedures as follows:
(A) Procedures designating the persons authorized to make determinations under subsection (a)(2) and the process by which such determinations are to be made.
(B) Procedures providing that the requirement for military custody under subsection (a)(1) does not require the interruption of ongoing surveillance or intelligence gathering with regard to persons not already in the custody or control of the United States.
(C) Procedures providing that a determination under subsection (a)(2) is not required to be implemented until after the conclusion of an interrogation which is ongoing at the time the determination is made and does not require the interruption of any such ongoing interrogation.
(D) Procedures providing that the requirement for military custody under subsection (a)(1) does not apply when intelligence, law enforcement, or other Government officials of the United States are granted access to an individual who remains in the custody of a third country.
(E) Procedures providing that a certification of national security interests under subsection (a)(4) may be granted for the purpose of transferring a covered person from a third country if such a transfer is in the interest of the United States and could not otherwise be accomplished.
(d) Authorities- Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect the existing criminal enforcement and national security authorities of the Federal Bureau of Investigation or any other domestic law enforcement agency with regard to a covered person, regardless whether such covered person is held in military custody.
(e) Effective Date- This section shall take effect on the date that is 60 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, and shall apply with respect to persons described in subsection (a)(2) who are taken into the custody or brought under the control of the United States on or after that effective date.
SEC. 1023. PROCEDURES FOR PERIODIC DETENTION REVIEW OF INDIVIDUALS DETAINED AT UNITED STATES NAVAL STATION, GUANTANAMO BAY, CUBA.

(a) Procedures Required- Not later than 180 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Defense shall submit to the appropriate committees of Congress a report setting forth procedures for implementing the periodic review process required by Executive Order No. 13567 for individuals detained at United States Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40; 50 U.S.C. 1541 note).
(b) Covered Matters- The procedures submitted under subsection (a) shall, at a minimum--
(1) clarify that the purpose of the periodic review process is not to determine the legality of any detainee's law of war detention, but to make discretionary determinations whether or not a detainee represents a continuing threat to the security of the United States;
(2) clarify that the Secretary of Defense is responsible for any final decision to release or transfer an individual detained in military custody at United States Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, pursuant to the Executive Order referred to in subsection (a), and that in making such a final decision, the Secretary shall consider the recommendation of a periodic review board or review committee established pursuant to such Executive Order, but shall not be bound by any such recommendation;
(3) clarify that the periodic review process applies to any individual who is detained as an unprivileged enemy belligerent at United States Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, at any time; and
(4) ensure that appropriate consideration is given to factors addressing the need for continued detention of the detainee, including--
(A) the likelihood the detainee will resume terrorist activity if transferred or released;
(B) the likelihood the detainee will reestablish ties with al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners if transferred or released;
(C) the likelihood of family, tribal, or government rehabilitation or support for the detainee if transferred or released;
(D) the likelihood the detainee may be subject to trial by military commission; and
(E) any law enforcement interest in the detainee.
(c) Appropriate Committees of Congress Defined- In this section, the term `appropriate committees of Congress' means--
(1) the Committee on Armed Services and the Select Committee on Intelligence of the Senate; and
(2) the Committee on Armed Services and the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence of the House of Representatives.
SEC. 1024. PROCEDURES FOR STATUS DETERMINATIONS.

(a) In General- Not later than 90 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Defense shall submit to the appropriate committees of Congress a report setting forth the procedures for determining the status of persons detained pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40; 50 U.S.C. 1541 note) for purposes of section 1021.
(b) Elements of Procedures- The procedures required by this section shall provide for the following in the case of any unprivileged enemy belligerent who will be held in long-term detention under the law of war pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force:
(1) A military judge shall preside at proceedings for the determination of status of an unprivileged enemy belligerent.
(2) An unprivileged enemy belligerent may, at the election of the belligerent, be represented by military counsel at proceedings for the determination of status of the belligerent.
(c) Applicability- The Secretary of Defense is not required to apply the procedures required by this section in the case of a person for whom habeas corpus review is available in a Federal court.
(d) Report on Modification of Procedures- The Secretary of Defense shall submit to the appropriate committees of Congress a report on any modification of the procedures submitted under this section. The report on any such modification shall be so submitted not later than 60 days before the date on which such modification goes into effect.
(e) Appropriate Committees of Congress Defined- In this section, the term `appropriate committees of Congress' means--
(1) the Committee on Armed Services and the Select Committee on Intelligence of the Senate; and
(2) the Committee on Armed Services and the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence of the House of Representatives.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c112:7:./temp/~c112dVxo5g:e870673:

I will say it was very hard to get to this, it wasn't in the general index I had to 'locate search' text from the conference report into the 'as passed' version, however, the conference report was linked at Thomas in the 'Congressional Actions with amendments and links' parts of Thomas

Now, here is the part of section 1022 above people cite to say indefinite detention isn't in there for US Citizens:

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.
(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

note that both ONLY refer to MILITARY custody not being held in other custody, and that they only apply to 'under this section' (Section 1022).

Now go to section 1021:

(b) Covered Persons- A covered person under this section is any person as follows:
(1) A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks.
(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.
(c) Disposition Under Law of War- The disposition of a person under the law of war as described in subsection (a) may include the following:
(1) Detention under the law of war without trial until the end of the hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force.
(2) Trial under chapter 47A of title 10, United States Code (as amended by the Military Commissions Act of 2009 (title XVIII of Public Law 111-84)).

This is a different section, so the exceptions for American citizens DOES NOT APPLY. And while these sound like terrible people, murder sounds terrible too, and we might all think murderers should be locked up..... BUT TO FIND OUT IF THEY ARE MURDERERS YOU NEED A TRIAL!!!

Otherwise you are locking up SUSPECTS.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 05:09 PM
here's an article about Ron's bill to repeal the indefinite detention provisions of NDAA and it includes a video of Ron's House speech http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/285351/20120120/ron-paul-ndaa-debate.htm

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Here is video of Ron talking about SOPA and NDAA at a hanger rally in New Hampshire, the video was posted by Immortal Technique so he may have the download:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=phRi80HBIuU

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 05:38 PM
We all show up someplace wearing phrygian caps..... make them the che shirt of the ron paul revolution

think about it... the phrygian cap has ALWAYS represented liberty... its even on some state flags and seals.... on the seal opf the senate too

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm going to have to look up what that is, now....

But here's a cool video posted at the dailypaul which is right in line with this line of discussion, and which can be tweeted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=82wfE8xuQ5U

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 05:47 PM
We all show up someplace wearing phrygian caps..... make them the che shirt of the ron paul revolution

think about it... the phrygian cap has ALWAYS represented liberty... its even on some state flags and seals.... on the seal opf the senate too

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4Jxtfuz_Yx1hwCz5hceLXDgKrB9hcg xHcvbsxvasBeMp2FBrE1w

Carson
03-16-2012, 05:52 PM
I would like to see the momentum being built of the back of some honest vote counting. Nothing could please me more than to see the world come together again for peace...

Also a little honest currency would go a long way to fix many of the wrongs of the world.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/thebegining/15hippy1.jpg

centure7
03-16-2012, 05:58 PM
We need a gimmick. Last time we had the Ron Paul blimp. What can we do this time?

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 06:01 PM
We need a gimmick. Last time we had the Ron Paul blimp. What can we do this time?

The blimp was great because no one knew who he was, but now we need people to know WHY they would want to vote for him, regardless of media marginalization. I'm not sure a gimmick works as well for that, but maybe I am just not thinking of the right gimmick.

wgadget
03-16-2012, 06:09 PM

Phrygian Phlash Mobs....cool.

pacelli
03-16-2012, 06:13 PM

I like this idea a lot, for multiple reasons.

PolicyReader
03-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Phrygian Phlash Mobs....cool.
Where would such objects be attained if one were to desire

Pauling
03-16-2012, 06:46 PM
The corporate media has officially declared war on us by having a COMPLETE blackout on Paul's campaign. We need to fight back on their turf. We need to go guerilla with this now! I know the term has a negative connotation, but we need to "occupy" the media. We need to force our way into the living rooms of these people who only rely on the corporate media for their "news". I'm not sure how that can be accomplished. What if we organized ahead of time and flashmobbed on-location news reports? What if we had signs that said things like "THE TV LIES, YOUTUBE RON PAUL" It would not even need to be news reports that were relevant to the campaign. Just anywhere "they" show up, we show up. We need to get pro-active. The internet thing has worked great so far but I feel we may have reached a ceiling. We need to shake things up and wake these people out of their slumber. The average person who isn't for Ron Paul is not the enemy, he is an oppurtunity. They are not for Ron Paul only because they are mis-informed. Being against Ron Paul is like being against our founding fathers.

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 06:49 PM
I think our guys have backed off the internet just lately though, and we need to gear it up.
If there were flash type appearances I think maybe they should pick a statement "Ron Paul opposes NDAA indefinite detention", something specific. I don't think the 'google' 'youtube' is enough at this point, on the other hand, I think people do know who he is this time, but I agree the media is the problem here.

moonshine5757
03-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Ron needs to create exposure of some kind like making an appearance on SNL.

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Where would such objects be attained if one were to desire

etsy and amazon had a few.... but.... we could by a few bolts of red linen... ive looked at a pattern for one a year or so ago and they were very easy to sew

for about 300$ you could outfit an entire college campus with them (media would get wondering if every story involving a school there were 20 phrygian caps in the shots)

It sound really really ridiculous.... but if you read about phrygian caps you understand how they were a powerful symbol of liberty (the statue of liberty in the capital original had one in the rough scetches but was deemed to "anti-slavery" so was removed by the request of southern legislatures)

PolicyReader
Ron needs to create exposure of some kind like making an appearance on SNL.
Stewart & Colbert have been pretty respectful and evenhanded

Pauling
I think our guys have backed off the internet just lately though, and we need to gear it up.
If there were flash type appearances I think maybe they should pick a statement "Ron Paul opposes NDAA indefinite detention", something specific. I don't think the 'google' 'youtube' is enough at this point, on the other hand, I think people do know who he is this time, but I agree the media is the problem here.

Regarding the sign, I was just throwing something out there. The main idea is to go on the offensive against the media. They are obviously against us. We need signs that show how they are the enemy and can't be trusted. The NDAA sign is good but how many people know what that is. I would suggest "Why won't the media talk about NDAA, google it!" See how that puts us in the offensive position, attacking their credibility?

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 07:02 PM
I do like that....

and welcome to the forums by the way!

Pauling
03-16-2012, 07:03 PM

Also, my idea still uses the internet. We use the internet to organize something we would be doing in the real world.

PolicyReader
03-16-2012, 07:03 PM
etsy and amazon had a few.... but.... we could by a few bolts of red linen... ive looked at a pattern for one a year or so ago and they were very easy to sew

for about 300$ you could outfit an entire college campus with them (media would get wondering if every story involving a school there were 20 phrygian caps in the shots)

It sound really really ridiculous.... but if you read about phrygian caps you understand how they were a powerful symbol of liberty (the statue of liberty in the capital original had one in the rough scetches but was deemed to "anti-slavery" so was removed by the request of southern legislatures)

Having something that can be both symbolic and an instant form of 'brand recognition' would be very good for the camping I think. Historical significance is even better makes it more than "just some new fad"

Pauling
03-16-2012, 07:05 PM
I do like that....

and welcome to the forums by the way!

Thanks. First forum i've become a member of.

Captain Shays
03-16-2012, 07:05 PM
What about a coast to coast sign wave? Millions of us standing by the side of every road in the country holding up signs that say Ron Paul has huge support and the media is trying to control our election by blacking him out?
Sailing away mentioned very specific signs. Issue specific signs. It doesn't matter whether it's NDAA or constant wars or loss of our freedom or the Federal Reserve. Just make signs that say something that someone will care about and a lot of people will see. That they can't help but see.

Let's just pick a day not to far in advance to give us time to make the signs and make arrangements to get off work or whatever and then let's do it. Plaster this whole country with signs indicting the media and the establishment for what they are doing while convincing people that Ron Paul is still in it and can win

Captain Shays
03-16-2012, 07:07 PM
We should also do this outside EVERY media outlet. I refer to my thread some time ago "Occupy The Media". We should protest outside every TV and radio station in the country on a given day

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?324684-They-Ignored-BTO.-Now-It-s-Time-For-an-Occupy-The-Media

Captain Shays
03-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Possible slogans

The media is subverting liberty while promoting war

Carson
03-16-2012, 07:11 PM
The blimp was great because no one knew who he was, but now we need people to know WHY they would want to vote for him, regardless of media marginalization. I'm not sure a gimmick works as well for that, but maybe I am just not thinking of the right gimmick.

Exposing election fraud?

I sure hope we have it right. If we do the whole world may come together for honest, accountable election results. The only thing better for law, order and freedom, would be honest currencies.

Not so much a gimmick but more of a necessity.

Like having a frog for a buddy.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/farkcontest/PyramidLakeKidandToad.jpg

We NEED more hands on deck. Significant evidence of Algorithmic vote flipping. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?363915-We-NEED-more-hands-on-deck.-Significant-evidence-of-Algorithmic-vote-flipping.)

Looks Like the Alaska GOP Really Did Cheat Ron Paul Out of a Win in Alaska!! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?366159-Looks-Like-the-Alaska-GOP-Really-Did-Cheat-Ron-Paul-Out-of-a-Win-in-Alaska!!&p=4265909&viewfull=1#post4265909)

Pauling
03-16-2012, 07:16 PM
What about a coast to coast sign wave? Millions of us standing by the side of every road in the country holding up signs that say Ron Paul has huge support and the media is trying to control our election by blacking him out?
Sailing away mentioned very specific signs. Issue specific signs. It doesn't matter whether it's NDAA or constant wars or loss of our freedom or the Federal Reserve. Just make signs that say something that someone will care about and a lot of people will see. That they can't help but see.

Let's just pick a day not to far in advance to give us time to make the signs and make arrangements to gewt off work or whatever and then let's do it. Plaster this whole country with signs indicting the media and the establishment for what they are doing while convincing people that Ron Paul is still in it and can win

I like this idea, but remember what happened with the march on the white house? They just didn't cover it. The media needs to be [B]infiltrated[B]. We have the support for this. Look at the amount of people coming to the rally's.

Captain Shays
03-16-2012, 07:17 PM
5,000 people show up at his rallies. If only half of them committed to a national sign wave event in their area while the other supporters around the country also committed we're talking about hundreds of thousands of people who refuse to be ignored or marginalized or have their efforts and their money wasted by a controlling corrupt bunch of war mongering freedom robbing scumbags. I HATE those bastards

Captain Shays
03-16-2012, 07:18 PM
I like this idea, but remember what happened with the march on the white house? They just didn't cover it. The media needs to be [B]infiltrated[B]. We have the support for this. Look at the amount of people coming to the rally's.

I am talking about an end run around the media. The media can ignore us but the people on their way to and from work won't be able to ignore us.

Captain Shays
03-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Remember the effort for black this out? We plastered it all over Facebook and twitter and told all our friends. The media still blacked us out right? They can't black us out if we go right to the people on every highway in every city in every neighborhood

mosquitobite
03-16-2012, 07:22 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrygian_cap

Never heard of it before! Thanks!

Captain Shays
03-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Wow. If we could alert Ron Paul and get him on board and he mentions this event at his rallies with all those people I bet a lot of them would come out with their signs. It shouldn't only be a one day event. It should be a week or more. We shouldn't allow the bastards in the media to do what they are doing and get away with it.

Carson
03-16-2012, 07:25 PM

Let's just pick a day not to far in advance to give us time to make the signs and make arrangements to get off work or whatever and then let's do it. Plaster this whole country with signs indicting the media and the establishment for what they are doing while convincing people that Ron Paul is still in it and can win

I like it!

Here is one of my old ones.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/ronpaul/ron-paul-revolution2shrunk-.jpg

Never can tell who you will meet. Ron Paulians are pretty cool.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/ronpaul/DSC01737shrunkandweb.jpg

I think it was the local Meet-Up Group that organized the last ones before the 2008 Primaries.

Captain Shays
03-16-2012, 07:27 PM
We need to get that energy back for one last push

Carson
03-16-2012, 07:31 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/ronpaul/rON-PAUL-believessandw.jpg

Flip side of sign above?

Carson
03-16-2012, 07:33 PM
We need to get that energy back for one last push

Like that last little push you give when body or board surfing to catch a wave!

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/ronpaul/tumblr_lkqu0zLpFv1qz87coo1_400.jpg

On the top of the cab of a pick-up, it's more of a balancing sort of a thing.

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 07:37 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrygian_cap

Never heard of it before! Thanks!

The smurfs wear them too..... If i was in college i would wear one... Id wear them to meetups and rallies now too

Tri corner hats looked kinda wacky to me.... and were expensive

a phrygian cap looks a little odd but not nearly as bad... really cheap to make. What about a phrygian hat bomb? putting just the cap on statues in your town for a few days? get people wonderin about them till they start seeing them on tv too

mosquitobite
03-16-2012, 07:38 PM

This is so cool. I <3 LOVE it <3

I'd give you rep, but apparently I give it to you too often :p

Captain Shays
03-16-2012, 07:41 PM
This is old but still revelant

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/1182883-media-control

If ya ain't pissed off by now.......

mosquitobite
03-16-2012, 07:42 PM
The smurfs wear them too..... If i was in college i would wear one... Id wear them to meetups and rallies now too

Tri corner hats looked kinda wacky to me.... and were expensive

a phrygian cap looks a little odd but not nearly as bad... really cheap to make. What about a phrygian hat bomb? putting just the cap on statues in your town for a few days? get people wonderin about them till they start seeing them on tv too

Ron Paul can be Papa Smurf. LOL!
http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy222/wussers20/Banners/banner_smurfs.jpg

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Ron Paul can be Papa Smurf. LOL!
http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy222/wussers20/Banners/banner_smurfs.jpg

im gonna laugh..i shouldnt have mentioned smurfs in retrospect.... but i think since its the universal symbol of liberty that it is very much our kinda symbol.... imagine his next rally of 5,000 a sea of these red hats?

mosquitobite
03-16-2012, 07:47 PM
im gonna laugh..i shouldnt have mentioned smurfs in retrospect.... but i think since its the universal symbol of liberty that it is very much our kinda symbol.... imagine his next rally of 5,000 a sea of these red hats?

Do they have to be red? Because I kind of think it'd be neat to see all of us show up at conventions wearing them but in different colors, stripes/dots, etc. I think it would highlight our individuality while at the same time showing our unity.

Carson
03-16-2012, 07:51 PM
This is old but still revelant

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/1182883-media-control

If ya ain't pissed off by now.......

That is a juicy video. It has some real meat in those little graphs showing the swaying produced by the propaganda bombardment. I wonder how much our money was devalued by the counterfeiting it took to get it out there.

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Do they have to be red? Because I kind of think it'd be neat to see all of us show up at conventions wearing them but in different colors, stripes/dots, etc. I think it would highlight our individuality while at the same time showing our unity.

they dont have to be.... but red is the traditional... and red linen is 300$ for a massive bolt enough to do about 2 or 3 thousand (when i researched it originally)

I think you get people recognizing them when there red... then entrprenurial types make the other colors in a few months after everyone knows what they mean

Captain Shays
03-16-2012, 08:01 PM
I wonder if this guy is on to something

http://shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/2011/07/09/who-is-rupert-murdoch-who-controls-the-news/

Thoughts?

Pauling
03-16-2012, 08:23 PM
I am talking about an end run around the media. The media can ignore us but the people on their way to and from work won't be able to ignore us.

That's all we've been doing, "end runs around the media". We need to start attacking them directly. You ever see how Howard Stern fans will put themselves in the media crossfire just to hollar "Baba Buey". That's what we need to be doing but for a REAL cause.

Look, some of you may still be skeptical, but I have no doubt in my mind that major election fraud is going on. I truly believe that we would be winning handily if it wasn't for this fraud and blackout from the media. But they can only take the fraud so far. If Ron Paul was winning these primaries by a large majority, there wouldn't be enough leeway for them to cook the numbers. We need to stop complaining about the unfair coverage and take the fight to them.

mosquitobite
03-16-2012, 08:44 PM
they dont have to be.... but red is the traditional... and red linen is 300$ for a massive bolt enough to do about 2 or 3 thousand (when i researched it originally)

I think you get people recognizing them when there red... then entrprenurial types make the other colors in a few months after everyone knows what they mean

We should have the forum owners put one on the Ron Paul picture at the top of the forum pages ;)

floridasun1983
03-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Maybe Ron could put out a press release with his designs for our new silver and gold dollars once he's president.

wgadget
03-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Hey, just for kicks I went and searched on eBay for Phrygian caps, and it turns out there's some guy in VA selling them for $15 shipped. I was a little surprised. I think they're made of red fleece.

P.S. They're also known as liberty caps. I love the idea of putting them around town on statues to get people wondering.

wgadget
03-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Just realized that not only would red liberty caps appearing on the heads of statues all around the country get people wondering, but eventually they would figure it out...meaning they would have to talk about RON PAUL. Ha!

Pauling
03-16-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm really not sure that caps is the answer for this campaign. I guess it can't hurt, but I don't see it making a big dent.

RDM
03-16-2012, 09:28 PM
I started a new thread with a idea that may spark new exposure for Ron Paul. Go to the link and see what you think. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?367534-Election-Fraud-2012-website

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 09:32 PM
the peace symbol is actually the symbol for nuclear non proliferation group..... it caught on.

Im not saying that its gonna be next years biggest fashion accessory.... but I really think "operation liberty cap" could be pretty awesome

Start with changeing your facebook pic to you , or somone you admire, wearing one.... go find a MLK statue and put one on it and use that....

Then we take photos of statues all over the place with the cap on..... start a websit of "liberty cap" with just photos of statues and the caps... at this time dont mention paul

then we start leaving them on flag poles and take photos of those (like on state seals)

then we get everyone at a rally to wear them and the viral marketing plan will have worked

"liberty capping.... the biggest internet craze since planking.... involves placing phrygian hats on hard to reach poles and statues"

planking became a common internet sensation.... why not liberty capping? even non ron paul supporters would end up doing it and be like "oh snap... thats what it means?" when they wiki it in a week or two

opinionatedfool
03-16-2012, 09:33 PM
We need a purple cow (Seth Godin). We need something remarkable for people to remark about. That's the essence of making something go viral.

Everyone should watch this video by Seth Godin. It's a great video about how to get ideas to spread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBIVlM435Zg

Scott_in_PA
03-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Ok, I had do check out the cap and wasn't' liking the red color.

After some digging, it seems to fit Exactly the message.

From wiki

Use in American iconography

The Seal of Iowa showing a red liberty cap at the top of the soldier's flagstaff. The 1847 written description did not specify that the soldier has to wear the cap; thus he is commonly depicted with a Civil War-era Cavalry hat.
The Phrygian cap has been used to symbolize liberty in numerous countries of the Americas. For example, starting in 1793 United States of America coinage frequently showed liberty wearing the cap or, on many 19th Century pieces, holding it on a Liberty Pole. The cap's last appearance on circulating coinage was the Walking Liberty Half Dollar, which was minted through 1947 (and reused on the current bullion American Silver Eagle). The U.S. Army has, since 1778, utilized a "War Office Seal" in which the motto "This We'll Defend" is displayed directly over a Phrygian cap on an upturned sword. It also appears on the state flags of West Virginia (as part of its official seal), New Jersey, and New York, as well as the official seal of the United States Senate, the state of Iowa, the state of North Carolina (as well as the arms of its Senate,[8]) and on the reverse side of the Seal of Virginia.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5a/Iowa-StateSeal.svg/150px-Iowa-StateSeal.svg.png
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSQMZ7e9tIBdrmDZVYMh_qshI-dFvppuqOxFVH6D0GFFIq0aIC5w
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeK2QT3P7xgb1677LmCr2esroW9Xfjc mw6i2q-isHG93-Cc24
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYUid9S9AIn7KGePg_HCC_0RGSU2mJJ-xmfOlEQbl1dRomlBw0
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkN3bLZ6_4xHn7WlFKcnrZlRwSrqFNI XdDWRx75HMu1KPlHl0J
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/WarOfficeSeal1.gif

If they do try to make fun of it in any way,(commie color, smurfs, etc), it would have Blowback in some very High profile States that haven't voted yet and also with ALLtea partyPatriots across the land..:D

I'm think I'm going to have to put a Liberty Pole in my yard.

from wiki

Liberty poles were first often erected in town squares in the years before and during the American Revolution.....An often violent struggle over liberty poles erected by the Sons of Liberty in New York City raged for 10 years. The poles were periodically destroyed by the royal authorities (see the Battle of Golden Hill), only to be replaced by the Sons with new ones....During the Whiskey Rebellion, locals in western Pennsylvania would erect poles along the roads or in town centers as a protest against the federal government's tax on distilled spirits, and evoke the spirit embodied by the liberty poles of decades earlier.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/80/Freiheitsbaum.jpg/250px-Freiheitsbaum.jpg

wgadget
03-16-2012, 09:40 PM
And theyre depicted on silver dollars, which we all know are REAL money.

I think they would be very easy to make. I think we should go for it. And yes, by all means, someone needs to Photoshop one on Ron's forum pic!

P.S. These were used in the FIRST Revolution. How perfect a symbol can you get?

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 09:50 PM
lol... i got laughed at so hard when i suggested them one time.... glad it caught some positive thoughts this time

too bad 6 months ago we didnt get it this much love :rolleyes:

wgadget
03-16-2012, 09:54 PM
So...You guys sew? ;)

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 10:06 PM
So...You guys sew? ;)

not hard to do.... you could sweat shop out 100 pretty easy

we could target a town easily enough. How about getting shop owners and anyone with a flag pole who likes ron a nice note saying what it means and ask them to display it on there pole.... people will say "what is that!" and you can tell the history and say "I put it up there to show my support of Ron Pauls message of liberty" if only 10 flagpoles in town had it there would be a local buzz and get on the local station.... its a history lesson that the news would love "wondering what thoe red things are on top of the flag poles all over town? more at 11" it would be the biggest "we gotta cover this guys... people want to know and its got history and politics" I just mentioned to a news person once "happy decleration of indepence ratification day" as a slight joke on July 2nd.... and they said "no thats the 4th" and I said... "no... they ratified it on the second and the first signature was the 4th... it took months to get all the signature" they ran a 30 minute special on the local station.... 15 people at work "saw me on the news" and couldnt believe what a history buff i was.... only 25 people worked there! this could be a big local news getter

edit: they redid that story the next two years straight on july 2nd... cept i wasnt in it ; )

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 10:10 PM
New York,North Carolina, New Jersey, west virginia would all run tv spots about the flag poles having them since it ties directly to there states as well

if you live near greenville South Carolina and wanna pitch in, I will certainly give man power and hours toward it and whatever money I can.... we can meet up and make some and get them to North Carolina to get the ball rolling on this

pm me if your nearby and what and how your willing to contribute

wgadget
03-16-2012, 10:16 PM
We could definitely target the upcoming big states: CA, TX, NY and whatever else is coming up next.

Also, someone in another thread said the anniversary of Patrick Henry's Give me Liberty speech is coming up soon in March...the 23rd? Good day to start..

Scott_in_PA
03-16-2012, 10:20 PM
The Whiskey Rebellion area is just a short drive from here and the PA voters could use a history lesson.

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 10:21 PM
http://www.connecticutline.org/sitebuilder/images/lib-392x251.jpg

people of bedford mass know what it is ; )

sailingaway
03-16-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm thinking tomorrow I will split this thread up because it has a number of projects in it but new people just look at the latest, on the last page, and the others are hard to find -- which is great! I'm glad this many ideas are coming out of it, but tomorrow I'll probably start project threads so those wanting to work on a particular project aren't having a hard time finding it.

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 10:22 PM
there are a ton of images of "liberty poles" and "liberty caps" on google.... I suggest facebook and forum avatars

Scott_in_PA
03-16-2012, 10:24 PM
I think we could get them on the highways too. Maybe just off the road on a fence pole.

We should just write liberty on them.

wgadget
03-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Not to sound sexist or anything (I'm female myself), but making the caps could be something the ladies could do to get involved. Of course the menfolk could be the ones shimmying up the flagpoles and up atop of statues for placement. Fun for the entire family...in a good old-fashioned way. :)

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 10:30 PM
I think we could get them on the highways too. Maybe just off the road on a fence pole.

I think topping flag poles of people who are ron supporters first would do the most good.... cause you can ask them. Same pet peeve I have with signs.... if you dont immediatly associate it with a person or house, dont bother putting it up.... cause no one cares that the plot of land on I-40 likes Ron Paul... but the guy who owns the hardware store has a ron paul sign... that means something to people

Photos of statues with liberty caps..... and leave the caps on flag poles , businesses and homes...... this will get the ball rolling

a flag with a liberty cap is a "purple cow" from that ted presentation

wgadget
03-16-2012, 10:31 PM

Good idea!

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 10:32 PM
So.... supplies.... red linen cloth.... and extending arm to place the cap on the pole (to bad theres no fairs this time of year cause you could do the "put the cap on the pole" game and tell people why you use the cap)

im gonna get access to a sewing machine tomorrow and get a friend to help so I can get some ready to send to NC

this is real grass roots viral marketing ; )

wgadget
03-16-2012, 10:36 PM
I've got a sewing machine, and now I've got something to sew on it! Maybe I'll go check out eBay for some inexpensive red linen. I'd certainly be willing to make some and ship them out to whoever can use them for the cause.

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 10:37 PM
okay.. if your in... change your forum avatar to the libety cap for a day or two.... people will ask... this can also be a kinda proof of concept thing.... if forum people arent asking... then the news probly wouldnt care either. The more active people would be like a main street shop... the newer low post count people would be the strength that gets people asking "why all those dang hat avatars? even so and so has one"

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Im gonna miss barry goldwater avatar : ( at least I got his quote on liberty in my sig ; )

if I can lose my barry goldwater avatar for the cause... then I probly wouldnt do it out in the real world

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 10:43 PM
http://www.buffalobrothers.net/images/grips/saa013-thn.jpg

these are grips for a colt revolver... maybe some 2nd ammendment lover would like this as a avatar?

one of the ladies here might like this one?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KMUbIjEcRDM/Tcn_j8uV3TI/AAAAAAAAB5I/r4OBnLC_RtM/s1600/La-France-Phrygian-Cap-Ha-009.jpg

Scott_in_PA
03-16-2012, 10:48 PM
I've got a sewing machine, and now I've got something to sew on it! Maybe I'll go check out eBay for some inexpensive red linen. I'd certainly be willing to make some and ship them out to whoever can use them for the cause.

I'm gonna go to Goodwill and look for curtains or blankets. I bet there will be a lot of Red stuff to choose from.

Edit: I'm going to ask my daughter if she will do the sewing:D

wgadget
03-16-2012, 10:48 PM
LOL Went to EBay, typed RED LINEN, very first item with 11 minutes left is 3 yards of red linen for $20. Can't beat that with a stick. :)

I don't think I even HAVE an avatar. Heh.

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 10:50 PM
LOL Went to EBay, typed RED LINEN, very first item with 11 minutes left is 3 yards of red linen for $20. Can't beat that with a stick. :)

I don't think I even HAVE an avatar. Heh.

awesome!! and to get an avatar just click settings on top right hand of the forums... then on the left pain you should see edit avatar on the next screen... pm for more help

+rep for getting linen!

wgadget
03-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Pattern here. Yep, looks pretty simple:

http://housebarra.com/EP/ep06/16cap.html

socal
03-16-2012, 11:03 PM
If we're going to promote Dr Paul's stance on civil liberties, how about trying to make the point that the other 4 candidates (Obama. Romney, Santorum, Gingrich) have the same position opposite Dr Paul's ? One way to do this that I thought of would be to have a rotating tetrahedron (pyramid) with the pictures of each of the others on one of the 4 sides. Here's an animated gif I found, so someone would have to modify it to put their pics on each of the 4 faces.

This idea could actually be used in any Dr Paul ad to show how the other 4 are basically all the same, and that Ron is the only one who offers real change,

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/Tetrahedron.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tetrahedron.gif

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 11:06 PM
okay.... this may sound crazy too...

get people to go into Santorum rallies with one of these caps on a poll (dont wear ron paul stuff) make sure people notice it... try to get in video shots

then get a group outside the event to all be wearing them and waving them (not till there coming out of the event) WITH ron paul signs!!! kinda like a pwnd type thing

do it at a Newt event? the historian he is might even reference it..lol... then when they walk out and theres Ron Paul supporters wearing them? major pwnage

maybe we can cordinate it with the give me liberty or give me death anniversary? kinda a "liberty cap bomb" on the other candidates?

pacelli
03-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Hey why not go with the white arm bands again?

bluesc
03-16-2012, 11:13 PM
If we're going to promote Dr Paul's stance on civil liberties, how about trying to make the point that the other 4 candidates (Obama. Romney, Santorum, Gingrich) have the same position opposite Dr Paul's ? One way to do this that I thought of would be to have a rotating tetrahedron (pyramid) with the pictures of each of the others on one of the 4 sides. Here's an animated gif I found, so someone would have to modify it to put their pics on each of the 4 faces.

This idea could actually be used in any Dr Paul ad to show how the other 4 are basically all the same, and that Ron is the only one who offers real change,

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/Tetrahedron.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tetrahedron.gif

I don't know why, but skimming over this post, it seemed like you were trying to sell me a secret. All I had to do was click the link, scroll through a ridiculously long webpage of BUZZWORDS and pay $80 for your ebook.

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't know why, but skimming over this post, it seemed like you were trying to sell me a secret. All I had to do was click the link, scroll through a ridiculously long webpage of BUZZWORDS and pay $80 for your ebook.

tell you what.... how bout $5 for a liberty cap ; )

wgadget
03-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Maybe some of those Hollywood Ron Paul supporters could make it a fashion trend...You never know...

Scott_in_PA
03-16-2012, 11:22 PM
MSM

Those RP fans only like him because he want to legalize drugs....We know what that Red hat stands for.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYzOREv5ta9QymyY8brsrnMO9c9VQ1s RJC_tOxQeTF_jOKLDO8bg

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 11:24 PM
MSM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYzOREv5ta9QymyY8brsrnMO9c9VQ1s RJC_tOxQeTF_jOKLDO8bg

I so thought of this when I went avatar shopping.... i was like "great... oh well" ... the next thought was "hope no one wants a silver one... cause then the MSM would say we were all wearing tin foil hats"

wgadget
03-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Nah...we want to legalize FREEDOM. ;)

wgadget
03-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Well, I tried several times to download an avatar but only came up with invalid URL. Will try again on my computer tomorrow cuz this iPod ain't cutting it.

Scott_in_PA
03-16-2012, 11:34 PM
hxxp://hecatedemeter.wordpress.com/2011/12/07/phrygian-caps-for-the-occupiers/

7 RESPONSES TO PHRYGIAN CAPS FOR THE OCCUPIERS.

Pingback: Crafts by rahne1 - Pearltrees
kbsalazar | December 7, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Reply
Thanks for the mention! Would be honored if my foragers/voyagers/phrygian cap were to be embraced by the cause. hxxp://www.string-or-nothing.com/2006/12/27/VOYAGEURSCAPLIBERTYHATFORAGERSHAT.aspx

indifferent children | December 7, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Reply
I know several programming languages, but the one that you used there might be the oddest. I guess different you need different languages to create different kinds of soft-wear.

Hart Williams | December 8, 2011 at 6:41 am | Reply
Thank you for the link. I think OWS and the Liberty Cap are a perfect fit. And, it’s probably a good idea to grab it before the Right turns it into another marketing scam.

Cyn | December 8, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Reply
I can knit, so I’ll try the caps!

My daughter and son-in-law wrote a song

hxxp://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11152636

Hecate Demeter | December 9, 2011 at 2:37 am | Reply
Thanks everyone! Always try to link; there’s so much good stuff out there! indifferent children, your comment made me laugh! “Soft-wear/software” indeed! Cyn: nice song!

Roger Bedford | February 5, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Reply
Here’s somewhere you can buy them on ebay:
hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/DK-Red-Liberty-Cap-Phrygian-Cap-Bonnet-Rouge-w-tassel-/310369995185?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA% 252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D310020 146588%26ps%3D54

There are others if you type in Phygian Cap.

Also this lady makes them to order:
hxxp://www.etsy.com/listing/74647202/phrygian-cap-in-lime-green-rust-and-dark.

These are great for winter… especially the polar fleece ones. The linen ones would be good when it gets warmer.

Buff makes a bandana type scarf that can be worn in a similar fashion and has multiple other uses.

hxxp://www.buffusa.com/buffusa/collections/5?gclid=COzMtuPSh64CFYXd4AodUWlY3Q

I agree that this style of cap should be taken up by the Occupy movement before the Teaparty folk considering its history.

They don't use this Right:confused:

bbwarfield
03-16-2012, 11:37 PM
hxxp://hecatedemeter.wordpress.com/2011/12/07/phrygian-caps-for-the-occupiers/

They don't use this Right:confused:

they didnt... best my knowledge.... they went with the V for Vendetta masks and well.... nothing else really but I love the

I agree that this style of cap should be taken up by the Occupy movement before the Teaparty folk considering its history.

I have never seen one at an occupy event.... they certainly didnt use them for viral marketing on flag poles

wgadget
03-16-2012, 11:38 PM
LOL

As if Tea Partiers and Occupiers want different brands of liberty. Maybe the caps could unify...

PolicyReader
03-17-2012, 01:07 AM
LOL

As if Tea Partiers and Occupiers want different brands of liberty. Maybe the caps could unify...
Yeah both groups (and I say this a someone who has personal connections to both) need to wake up a bit and come join us.
I have this whole rant on the subject but I'll spare you (I've gotta exercise brevity and restraint sometimes)

bbwarfield
03-17-2012, 01:54 AM
Well, I tried several times to download an avatar but only came up with invalid URL. Will try again on my computer tomorrow cuz this iPod ain't cutting it.

youll need to save it to your desktop first then upload it.... I can never direct link an avatar... always have to upload it

bbwarfield
03-17-2012, 02:14 AM
http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/p/2846/Red-Hopsack

could you use hospack? we really need cheap but little bit stiffer fabric to make it work... hopsack is a little tougher than linen.... but with this sale price? that sound phenominal

timbo2097
03-17-2012, 02:39 AM
fg

Captain Shays
03-17-2012, 05:07 AM
That's all we've been doing, "end runs around the media". We need to start attacking them directly. You ever see how Howard Stern fans will put themselves in the media crossfire just to hollar "Baba Buey". That's what we need to be doing but for a REAL cause.

Look, some of you may still be skeptical, but I have no doubt in my mind that major election fraud is going on. I truly believe that we would be winning handily if it wasn't for this fraud and blackout from the media. But they can only take the fraud so far. If Ron Paul was winning these primaries by a large majority, there wouldn't be enough leeway for them to cook the numbers. We need to stop complaining about the unfair coverage and take the fight to them.

We need to do BOTH! End run'em and attack'em head on. I agree with everything you wrote. This should be all out. We have a lot of talent around here. How much does it cost to burn a dvd on your computer? How many can you burn in a day or a couple of hours? There are great examples of Ron Paul being ignored, lied about or marginalized while there are others showing his enormous support. Even if we had 1,000 people burning dvds and sending them along to people in the next primary states like New Jersey and Pennsylvania and Delaware and Maryland with us plastering highways with signs and walking up behind news casters holding up Ron Paul signs and shouting bababouey

Captain Shays
03-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Come on. We need to do something bump

roversaurus
03-17-2012, 10:20 AM
How about the "Ride for Liberty" or something along those lines where Dr. Paul jumps on his bike without his helmet and rides from one point to another with supporters following him or lining the streets? I'm picturing Forrest Gump running here, but with Ron Paul on his bike.

It's a pretty simple idea, but one that I think might just catch on with the masses. If the #'s are big, how would the media ignore something like that? A man of his age riding along on his bike with massive amounts of people showing their support = WINNING!

I don't think it could hurt!

Hey, I like that one. And it's beautiful weather here for it now.
Imagine a thousand people trailing Ron Paul on bicycles?

satchelmcqueen
03-17-2012, 10:57 AM
yep

socal
03-17-2012, 11:37 AM
The idea was to emphasize the similarity of the other candidates by using the symmetry of the tetrahedron, like saying 2 other candidates represent "2 sides of the same coin", except there are 4 others, not 2.

bbwarfield
03-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Liberrty caps people...... liberty caps. Theres a hundred way to make them viral marketing

Jamesiv1
03-17-2012, 11:56 AM

Cool idea! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrygian_cap

A centuries-old symbol that hardly anyone knows about today. Would get a lot of people scratching their heads.

HA!! Just bought one! :) from Cool phrygian caps (http://www.etsy.com/listing/93771080/phrygian-cap-in-dark-red-linen-reverses?ref=v1_other_1)

Maybe a Liberty Lover could make a bunch and sell 'em cheap for the cause?

RonPaulRules
03-17-2012, 11:56 AM
RON PAUL BLIMP 2012!

bbwarfield
03-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Cool idea! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrygian_cap

A centuries-old symbol that hardly anyone knows about today. Would get a lot of people scratching their heads.

HA!! Just bought one! :) Cool phrygian caps (http://www.etsy.com/listing/93771080/phrygian-cap-in-dark-red-linen-reverses?ref=v1_other_1)

Maybe a Liberty Lover could make a bunch and sell 'em cheap for the cause?

support the cause.... change your avatar to a liberty cap for a few days!

bbwarfield
03-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Bumping for context

Ok, I had do check out the cap and wasn't' liking the red color.

After some digging, it seems to fit Exactly the message.

From wiki

Use in American iconography

The Seal of Iowa showing a red liberty cap at the top of the soldier's flagstaff. The 1847 written description did not specify that the soldier has to wear the cap; thus he is commonly depicted with a Civil War-era Cavalry hat.
The Phrygian cap has been used to symbolize liberty in numerous countries of the Americas. For example, starting in 1793 United States of America coinage frequently showed liberty wearing the cap or, on many 19th Century pieces, holding it on a Liberty Pole. The cap's last appearance on circulating coinage was the Walking Liberty Half Dollar, which was minted through 1947 (and reused on the current bullion American Silver Eagle). The U.S. Army has, since 1778, utilized a "War Office Seal" in which the motto "This We'll Defend" is displayed directly over a Phrygian cap on an upturned sword. It also appears on the state flags of West Virginia (as part of its official seal), New Jersey, and New York, as well as the official seal of the United States Senate, the state of Iowa, the state of North Carolina (as well as the arms of its Senate,[8]) and on the reverse side of the Seal of Virginia.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5a/Iowa-StateSeal.svg/150px-Iowa-StateSeal.svg.png
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSQMZ7e9tIBdrmDZVYMh_qshI-dFvppuqOxFVH6D0GFFIq0aIC5w
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeK2QT3P7xgb1677LmCr2esroW9Xfjc mw6i2q-isHG93-Cc24
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYUid9S9AIn7KGePg_HCC_0RGSU2mJJ-xmfOlEQbl1dRomlBw0
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkN3bLZ6_4xHn7WlFKcnrZlRwSrqFNI XdDWRx75HMu1KPlHl0J
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/WarOfficeSeal1.gif

If they do try to make fun of it in any way,(commie color, smurfs, etc), it would have Blowback in some very High profile States that haven't voted yet and also with ALLtea partyPatriots across the land..:D

I'm think I'm going to have to put a Liberty Pole in my yard.

from wiki

Liberty poles were first often erected in town squares in the years before and during the American Revolution.....An often violent struggle over liberty poles erected by the Sons of Liberty in New York City raged for 10 years. The poles were periodically destroyed by the royal authorities (see the Battle of Golden Hill), only to be replaced by the Sons with new ones....During the Whiskey Rebellion, locals in western Pennsylvania would erect poles along the roads or in town centers as a protest against the federal government's tax on distilled spirits, and evoke the spirit embodied by the liberty poles of decades earlier.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/80/Freiheitsbaum.jpg/250px-Freiheitsbaum.jpg

mosquitobite
03-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Done! :)

TheGrinch
03-17-2012, 04:22 PM
I support your awareness campaign, but I must say that I rather enjoy my name and avatar displaying the dickheadishness of the man who actually used to have his office less than a mile from my house. He is very lucky I wasn't a politically active teenager, or he would have had eggs to clean up daily :D

sailingaway
03-17-2012, 04:25 PM
I support your awareness campaign, but I must say that I rather enjoy my name and avatar displaying the dickheadishness of the man who actually used to have his office less than a mile from my house. He is very lucky I wasn't a politically active teenager, or he would have had eggs to clean up daily :D

I posted a bunch of stuff earlier in the thread for your video, if it helps.

TheGrinch
03-17-2012, 04:35 PM
I posted a bunch of stuff earlier in the thread for your video, if it helps.
Yeah, I saw that, and I was meaning to get back up with you... I guess I need to get in touch with (ummm, drawing a blank on the name) who posts a lot of the videos here for source files... I will certainly incorporate the pics of large crowds, thanks!

Jamesiv1
03-17-2012, 06:25 PM

Done!

http://www.iampeth.com/stuff/ron_paul/both01.jpg

wgadget
03-17-2012, 06:31 PM
<---------------The new me.

wgadget
03-17-2012, 06:31 PM

Aw, come on. The chap would look well with a liberty cap. Photoshop?

Esoteric
03-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Have seen a lot of support for my idea.. maybe someone could suggest this to Wead?

bluesc
03-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Have seen a lot of support for my idea.. maybe someone could suggest this to Wead?

You're not being silenced by Josh anymore, since he doesn't exist now. We live in a lawless town. Be adventurous and create a thread!

Good idea though.

bluesc
03-17-2012, 06:50 PM
//

Captain Shays
03-17-2012, 07:04 PM

Do you really think the press will put that out?

Carson
03-17-2012, 07:35 PM

Nice.

sailingaway
03-17-2012, 07:37 PM

You completely stole that from a post of mine...

but you wear it well!

bbwarfield
03-17-2012, 07:47 PM
You completely stole that from a post of mine...

but you wear it well!

lol... and I didnt see your post and reposted the same pick later.... that lady liberty sure is popular

bbwarfield
03-17-2012, 07:55 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frig-Ba%C5%9Fl%C4%B1%C4%9F%C4%B1PHRYGIAN-CAPLiberty-Cap/109987002393403

lol... apparently in some other country they got the "liberty cap" fad going ; ) cant read the language but TONS of photos of the caps on people and things

Barrex
03-18-2012, 02:43 PM
People with whom I agree ... or better said who agree with me (I was pointing about this for a while):

I agree with this thread. We need to promote something like we do with the money bombs but it doesn't have to be a money bomb...just promoting Ron Paul to people in an organized way.

Centralization, centralization, centralization...

Nothing is more powerful than a group of organized people working toward a common goal.

Time is running out for the Ron Paul campaign. I don't know what the national campaign is doing now or if it intends to change strategies after dismal Super Tuesday, March 10th, and March 13th results.

The campaign and grassroots cannot keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Something...somewhere is wrong! Maybe it's because Dr. Paul feels "obligated" to continue (spoken at 1:08 of this video clip):

http://ronpaulflix.com/2012/03/ron-paul-on-cnbc-possible-brokered-convention-mar-13-2012/

I'm ex-military, I'm an ex-manager, I'm an innovative thinker, and I'm not phased by long odds.

How many pro-Ron Paul organizations are there? There's Ron Paul Forums, Daily Paul, etc. How many thousands of active members are there?

This entire 'group' needs to be organized. The larger bodies need to communicate with each other and pursue common goals.

The members need to be asked to volunteer for teams, and the teams need to have team leaders. The teams I imagine are a Twitter team, a Facebook team, a Google TV ads team, Fox "News" counter response team, Other national media counter response team, team to pursue Bill O'Reilly boycott, etc.

What does a team do? For example, Twitter; the power of Twitter can't be denied. Everyday or for one week the team leader directs the team to tweet the same message (Romney supports NDAA, http://youtube.video).

I believe that there's too much wasted energy. Even though it seems like we're one I think most of the potential is lost to individuality or the illusion of accomplishment.

Maybe the idea can be put before the RPF masses (many of whom seem to be chiefs and not Indians).

These things (flaws; failings... whatever you want to call them) were obvious to me from first few weeks on this forum.I dont want to hijack this thread by posting links to my threads pointing about these things (if I wanted I would have bumped them) but you can verify it by visiting my started threads.

Gain momentum by having small part of homepage (small window) that will say: ACTION OF THE DAY!!! In that window would be listed things to do today. (PFM; do daily tweet; do free facebook ads; wear "liberty" cap; send message about moneybomb; send message to Barrex to stop posting things and threads that seem obvious only to him... etc.)
It is so obvious to me that I can not explain how it itches and annoyed me that no one sees it.
I liked this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-V4dPFx03l5Y/TfJLH6JftVI/AAAAAAAAAXM/J_ovUbkBk7o/s1600/spark_paul_early1.jpg
Texas Republican Rep. Ron Paul (fourth from right), Idaho Republican Rep. George Hansen (left) and other members of Congress gather around a truck loaded with 44,300 simulated gold bricks on April 25, 1979, in Washington to indicate their opposition to the estimated $4.1 billion it would cost U.S. taxpayers to give away the Panama Canal.

What grassroots can do:
Make piles of "simulated gold bricks" (made of bricky or other material like snow or styrofoam etc.) all over United States and glue few charts on them so people can stop and read (or leave few brochures explaining this).
In Texas pile of "simulated gold bricks" that represents national debt.
In California pile of "simulated gold bricks" that represents money spent on wars in Middle East.
In xy place pile of "simulated gold bricks" that represents how much money US pays subsidizes farmers
Huge piles in areas where grassroots are strong and smaller ones where they are weaker (this way every grassroot group can build/make pile that is not too big and hard for her capacity). Imagine effect it would have (like crop circles)...

Carson
03-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Barrex,

Or how about instead of gold bricks you did a trillion dollars. Have you seen this example?

http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html

I'm thinking the trouble with representing the spending for wars in gold is you lose exposing some of the real travesties.

For one is if you double the money supply the honest hard earned money people have been trying to bank on becomes worth half as much. It allows the counterfeiters the ability to not only get to your Aunt Martha's savings but suck the wealth out of it like vampires in the night. Sure you Uncle Phil's stocks double, but they double in cash that is worth half as much. Then on top of it he is stiffed with a capital gains tax imposed by the ones behind the counterfeiting in the first place. That isn't the only area they cut themselves in on your stuff by claiming capital gains. Are these the false profits we were warned about?

Could you imagine a tractor trailer caravan of representation of the money we spend on the war in a day traveling around?

I can't. I suppose we could change the length of representation to a caravan length that served our purposes better.

Anyway nice picture of Ron Paul up there. I snagged a copy.

Carson

P.S. Would be better to use $20.00. Nobody uses $100.00 except for those being bribed with packets of cash when our the military is invading a country and installing another central bank linked up with the global network.

Click VVV to VVVVV embiggen VVVVVVV

sailingaway
03-19-2012, 11:03 AM
remember to tweet and spread news about the March 23 money bomb!! Ron really needs money!

Athan
03-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Ron's Campaign should publicly focus on election fraud. Why concede nomination when our supporters are having to deal with flat out GOP cheating?

sailingaway
03-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Ron's Campaign should publicly focus on election fraud. Why concede nomination when our supporters are having to deal with flat out GOP cheating?

He isn't on the ground and doesn't have the proof. He has publicly said he suspects it and encouraged those with proof to pursue it. He doesn't have the money to do all the things he needs to do. He WAS sending attorneys to Washington and Nevada and stuff, earlier, it is one of the reasons I think they really need money.

bbwarfield
03-19-2012, 11:43 AM
one thing alot of us have been upset about it how we lost the tea party to neo cons and the fact that people join the tea party for ron pauls ideas but have no idea that Ron Paul is the ONLY one who espouse those ideas.

Back to the liberty cap idea Ive been pushing.... rather than leaving the tea party.... I say those of us who still get involved in tea party ideas "take it back" by wearing the liberty caps at rallies an meetings and when people ask what it means have a pre written letter about the cap and how Ron Paul is the only candidate that follows those ideals..... then the tea party people know and when they see the hats its a big "wow...... i didnt know they were a ron paul supporter" since alot of the original people who did the original ground work still ar RP people.... it would bring some notice back to Ron in the movement

Athan
03-19-2012, 11:49 AM
He isn't on the ground and doesn't have the proof. He has publicly said he suspects it and encouraged those with proof to pursue it. He doesn't have the money to do all the things he needs to do. He WAS sending attorneys to Washington and Nevada and stuff, earlier, it is one of the reasons I think they really need money.
I remind you, we now have proof with the MO incident.

TheGrinch
03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
And I'll bet you the campaign is still evaluating where to go next with regard to the public...

I believe the campaign has offered legal assistance for the Athens folks after that happened (I know the GA campaign is), and Wead is putting stuff like this on his blog. However, I think they're still treading carefully in the best way to pursue the much harder video evidence from Athens and MO than we've had previously. JMHO though.

PolicyReader
03-19-2012, 12:06 PM
We can pass the information on to the PCC and they can make a choice. It's been a matter of days since the events transpired and we don't know if Paul has even been given all the evidence much less had sufficient time to review it and resolve a course of action. (I wonder what's happening with E. Dokes, but that's almost a thing on it's own)

Carson
03-20-2012, 07:24 PM

Athan,

I was thinking about your post.

Maybe what we need to do is start a thread that covers some of the subterfuge that is taking place at the caucuses.

I can think of three types of fraud that needs to be addressed or at least watched for by those planning on attending.

One:

Out right vote tampering.

Did you see this Ben Swann report?

For me personally this is proof. Listen to Matt McDonald. He sounds truthful to me. If so, the fraud could run much deeper than just his area. You can multiply the fraud by one, or any number you want, but you can't divide it by zero.

Matt is at about 3:29 if you want to jump ahead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqsyzTrWS0g

This video is from an old thread (Ben Swann Streaming 30 Minute Special Tonight!!!);

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?363005-Ben-Swann-Streaming-30-Minute-Special-Tonight!!!

Two:

Having you and the other Ron Paul delegates being tricked out of attending and the use of armed men in doing so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=T4TrQc5iG2c#!

Three:

Misuse of Robert's Rules (http://www.robertsrules.org/).

It's rolling in. (Liberty Forest Forums link)

WND EXCLUSIVE STUNNING VIDEO: GOP LEADERS CHEAT RON PAUL? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?367536-WND-EXCLUSIVE-STUNNING-VIDEO-GOP-LEADERS-CHEAT-RON-PAUL)

Story with video that is linked there ;

Stunning video: GOP leaders cheat Ron Paul? (http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/stunning-video-gop-leaders-cheat-ron-paul/)

Just the youtube video (The beef. 1:22 it gets real.);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g60TsnC9-u8

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 07:39 PM
specific is more actionable the broad, +rep :)

PaulSoHard
03-22-2012, 09:17 PM
http://www.change.org/petitions/cbs-news-60-minutes-get-ron-paul-on-60-minutes#

Petition to get Dr. Paul on 60 Minutes is just a little more than 1000 signatures short. I hope this is something we're still pushing towards

Origanalist
03-22-2012, 09:26 PM
http://www.change.org/petitions/cbs-news-60-minutes-get-ron-paul-on-60-minutes#

Petition to get Dr. Paul on 60 Minutes is just a little more than 1000 signatures short. I hope this is something we're still pushing towards

Thanks for bringing it up, just added mine.

Algorres
03-22-2012, 09:26 PM
I signed it.

bbwarfield
03-23-2012, 11:36 AM
bump for liberty caps ; )

Carson
03-23-2012, 06:05 PM
PaulSoHard,

Wouldn't that just be throwing him into the lion den?

Still more power to you. It would make the show worth watching again.

TiagoBarbosa
03-23-2012, 06:57 PM
I dont know if i should give my opinion, but i think that if you need a theme for Dr.Paul that suits a video that represents everything he stands for so that the people could finally see who Dr.Paul really is, then i think this song should be the one.

The songs title is suggestive, Two Steps from Hell - Heart of Courage, because Ron Paul is courage.

PS: Sry, the bot policy didnt allowed me to post the link or the embed video, so use the link to listen to it.

Jamesiv1
03-25-2012, 08:34 AM
HA!! Just bought one! :)

HA!! Got mine yesterday. It's AWESOME!!

Buy a cool Liberty Cap!! (http://www.etsy.com/listing/93771080/phrygian-cap-in-dark-red-linen-reverses?ref=sr_gallery_1&sref=&ga_includes[0]=tags&ga_search_query=phrygian+cap&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=)

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death, Baby!!!!!

Carson
03-25-2012, 06:38 PM
I dont know if i should give my opinion, but i think that if you need a theme for Dr.Paul that suits a video that represents everything he stands for so that the people could finally see who Dr.Paul really is, then i think this song should be the one.

The songs title is suggestive, Two Steps from Hell - Heart of Courage, because Ron Paul is courage.

PS: Sry, the bot policy didnt allowed me to post the link or the embed video, so use the link to listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRLdhFVzqt4

I think you can post links in one more post...but I could be sadly mistaken.

That was good.

Have you heard this one. It's my favorite so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QiKh9Ko3mw4#!

Evilfox
03-25-2012, 06:43 PM
With all the news happening near my home in Sanford, I was able to make a contact with an investigative reporter for NBC and he was very interested in the voter fraud hidden camera in WA. Might turn into something might not but I am doing what I can do to get his momentum going.

revned
03-25-2012, 06:43 PM

This! And Ron Paul should announce another money bomb. We need more money.

PolicyReader
03-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Check out the thread linked in my quote.
Here's the quick version.

Goal: 10,000 $10 donations
Hook: Pool of matching funds to be donated once that goal is reached.

Let's get some people on board with this and get it going. (ps ~ the thread counting the 10k donations is already going and is approaching 30 donations even without the extra incentive, I really think this could take off)

Idea, can we get some of the big spenders here at RPF to put a "pot of gold" at the end of this 10,000 donation rainbow?

Here's the through, there was an amazing response to the matching funds thread, and there's been a decent response to this one.
Why not double up on the idea? If we have RPF members willing to step up with some bigger ticket matching funds (I'm thinking $50 or larger, the larger the better) then we can promote that their total matching funds will be donated when the 10,000 $10 donation goal is reached. Start promoting that via social media and I bet we get a solid response. It'll also be a good way to generate some enthusiasm and buzz.

Can we get this done? Any takers? (any reason why this isn't a good call? ;) )

bbwarfield
04-01-2012, 11:09 AM
liberty cap bump ; )

Captain Shays
04-01-2012, 11:56 AM

I am with you. I authored a thread about occupying the media months ago. Its just a matter for how we do it. The way I am thinking is that I look at all the people who have been attending his rallies all over the country. If we spread out during heavy traffic times we could cover miles with signs. If we all made signs and put them along the roads with actual people in between them we could cover even more miles. Coast to coast sign waving. And I like you're idea too. I would like to arrange protests outside media headquarters as well. e just cna't let this go on without a real hard fight.

tio rio
04-01-2012, 12:06 PM
maybe this will provide a spark? http://www.libertyfestival2012.com/

i am not a fan of signs unless they direct to a website, people need to know more than his name. and instead of protesting local media, maybe let them know when your merry band of Ron Paul supporters is doing something in your community? I think this is better than protest. call and email and fax your local papers, tv and radio and let them know when you are doing anything, even just waving signs.

wgadget
04-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Got my 5 yards of red linen, got my pattern, got the sewing machine working and got some time off for spring break this week.

I'll let you guys know how the LIBERTY CAP project is coming along this week.

bbwarfield
04-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Got my 5 yards of red linen, got my pattern, got the sewing machine working and got some time off for spring break this week.

I'll let you guys know how the LIBERTY CAP project is coming along this week.

triple plus rep

Barrex
04-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I am with you. I authored a thread about occupying the media months ago. Its just a matter for how we do it. The way I am thinking is that I look at all the people who have been attending his rallies all over the country. If we spread out during heavy traffic times we could cover miles with signs. If we all made signs and put them along the roads with actual people in between them we could cover even more miles. Coast to coast sign waving. And I like you're idea too. I would like to arrange protests outside media headquarters as well. e just cna't let this go on without a real hard fight.

I even started a thread on 12-11-2011 07:33 PM about it but no one was interested.... I hope you make it happen and move things from zero. Good luck

RMDIII
04-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Ron Paul is currently the third most influential person of 2012 according to current Time magazine poll. More influential than Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, and Rick Santorum combined. This is an unprecedented opportunity for us bypass the media blackout and draw national attention to the only candidate that can get this country back on the right path. Help Ron Paul get the attention he deserves and vote today.

Official voting ends on Friday, April 6, and the poll winner will be included in the TIME 100 issue.

www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2107952_2107953_2109630,00.html

Be sure to share this with EVERYONE you know.

sailingaway
04-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Ron Paul is currently the third most influential person of 2012 according to current Time magazine poll. More influential than Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, and Rick Santorum combined. This is an unprecedented opportunity for us bypass the media blackout and draw national attention to the only candidate that can get this country back on the right path. Help Ron Paul get the attention he deserves and vote today.

Official voting ends on Friday, April 6, and the poll winner will be included in the TIME 100 issue.

www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2107952_2107953_2109630,00.html

Be sure to share this with EVERYONE you know.

welcome to the forums!

Natural Citizen
07-29-2016, 03:35 PM
HA!! Got mine yesterday. It's AWESOME!!

Buy a cool Liberty Cap!! (http://www.etsy.com/listing/93771080/phrygian-cap-in-dark-red-linen-reverses?ref=sr_gallery_1&sref=&ga_includes[0]=tags&ga_search_query=phrygian+cap&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=)

Heh. I found it.

This made me LOL. And I never LOL. I wonder if I can fit one of those things on my helmet. Hmmmm.