06-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Giuliani is still ahead.

BLS
06-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Giuliani is still ahead.

Yes, but considering Thompson hasn't even joined the race yet......:rolleyes:

X_805
06-19-2007, 01:08 PM
It's always been that way. The party just wants to put him in later so the skeletons don't come out as soon even though they kind of are.

ChooseLiberty
06-19-2007, 01:09 PM
I have a feeling that the neocons have been holding Thompson as their ace if Rudy McRomney falls apart.

There is still a lot of corporate money that hasn't been committed. They are probably waiting from Thompson.

Thompson would be great for the neocons - spring him at the last minute - nobody knows his platform or has a chance to ask him tough questions and most of the general populace only knows him from TV. So he he's already locked in the soccer mom vote.

KingTheoden
06-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Yes, but considering Thompson hasn't even joined the race yet......:rolleyes:

Though it might seem counterintuitive, when he joins he likely will decline in the polls. People who support him now have no idea what he stands for and are choosing him in the rigged polls simply because he is a different option than the three 'front runners'.

angrydragon
06-19-2007, 01:12 PM
I wonder if Thompson will forget to file, or they forget to file, or he just gets lazy to show up at the debates.

Blowback
06-19-2007, 01:22 PM
The guy doesn't just have skeletons in the closet, they are 90 ft, 3 ton zombie-vampire-dragons. He may talk a good game but his record is complete shit. If this guy is our biggest competition then I am not worried... well I guess the only thing I'm worried about is the level of retardness of the public at large.

Bob Cochran
06-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Is the one we have to worry about.

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27910
I don't think so.

The mainstream media and certain neocons are trying to put lipstick on this pig. The Fred Thompson experiment hasn't been very successful so far.

Larry Kudlow was giving him star treatment last week, and now he's back to giving Giuliani some attention.

It's a sad spectacle.

Who knows -- some odd turn of events could see these people getting behind Ron Paul, but since his policies figure to take so much money away from their rich friends, don't count on it.

BLS
06-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Though it might seem counterintuitive, when he joins he likely will decline in the polls. People who support him now have no idea what he stands for and are choosing him in the rigged polls simply because he is a different option than the three 'front runners'.

Well, then we're not doing our jobs well enough then, because we all know RP should be first in the polls.

I know very, very little about politics, and certainly less about running a campaign, so please take my opinions with a grain of salt.

It certainly appears to me more and more as I read and watch the MSM on TV that if Ron wants a SHOT at getting the nomination there are quite a few things that HAVE to happen...(another is he must show a stronger persona, especially during debates...the public won't want a 'wimp' running the show when they all believe Al-Queda is sitting in a van down the street)

The Biggest right now....IOWA. If he doesn't win there...I don't think he'll have a chance personally. His internet 'buzz' has made it's waves, yes, but he needs to get on TV..people need to learn MUCH more about him.

BLS
06-19-2007, 01:27 PM
The guy doesn't just have skeletons in the closet, they are 90 ft, 3 ton zombie-vampire-dragons. He may talk a good game but his record is complete shit. If this guy is our biggest competition then I am not worried... well I guess the only thing I'm worried about is the level of retardness of the public at large.

I just started doing some research on him, and while his voting record isn't nearly as sqeeky clean and the Good Dr.'s is, I've haven't found any zombies...

But I'm arguing with about 15 people on another forum between Paul and Thompson...if you got some goods...give em up. I need em.

angrydragon
06-19-2007, 01:27 PM
The Biggest right now....IOWA. If he doesn't win there...I don't think he'll have a chance personally. His internet 'buzz' has made it's waves, yes, but he needs to get on TV..people need to learn MUCH more about him.

Yah, problem is the TV media giants don't want Ron Paul on, it might lead to a smarter America.

angrydragon
06-19-2007, 01:29 PM
I just started doing some research on him, and while his voting record isn't nearly as sqeeky clean and the Good Dr.'s is, I've haven't found any zombies...

But I'm arguing with about 15 people on another forum between Paul and Thompson...if you got some goods...give em up. I need em.

http://republicanrenaissance.blogspot.com/2007/06/ron-paul-and-fred-thompson-comparison.html

jd603
06-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't believe these polls.

RonPaul2012grassroots
06-19-2007, 02:18 PM

http://conservativesagainstfred.wordpress.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkN2fYnMTBs