PDA

View Full Version : Possible Jon Huntsman/Evan Bayh ticket

J. W. Evans
03-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Inside sources for Americans Elect are saying that Jon Huntsman has agreed to run for the AE nomination and that Indiana Senator Evan Bayh is willing to be his running-mate.
Of course it's still in the rumors stage, but Richard Winger of BAN is investigating it.

What's the significance?

Well, let's say Ron Paul wins the nomination and this is true. Boom. There's a ticket of centrists and a Romneyesque Republican in the form of Jon Huntsman to rumble in the General. Definitely a problem.

If Ron Paul loses? It's still there as an annoyance to Romney. Say Ron Paul is somehow drafted to run as an indy, this ticket will definitely siphon off votes from people who like to think of themselves as sensible moderates or people who like to pick the alternate choice because it's not your traditional D or R. Either of these votes could have hypothetically been cast for Ron Paul if a Huntsman/Bayh choice wasn't around.

I'm not saying this was done intentionally or there was some vast conspiracy involved here, nor am I saying tht we're in red alert and this needs to be put on the front burner, but what I am saying is that this could definitely be a problem in the future and should be handled strategically and intelligently.

Thoughts?

rp08orbust
03-15-2012, 10:42 PM
I doubt it. I think Jon Huntsman plans to run in 2016. He's laid the groundwork for winning NH so that he can focus elsewhere next time.

Lishy
03-15-2012, 11:04 PM
He's back?

Keith and stuff
03-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Jon endorsed Romney.

Jeremy
03-15-2012, 11:21 PM
I doubt it. I think Jon Huntsman plans to run in 2016. He's laid the groundwork for winning NH so that he can focus elsewhere next time.
Great. He will be easy for Rand to bring down. :p

Another liberal.

J. W. Evans
03-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Jon endorsed Romney.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/23/jon-huntsman-mitt-romney_n_1297568.html

"Jon Huntsman Momentarily Forgets He Endorsed Mitt Romney, Calls For Third-Party Entrant "

Former presidential candidate Jon Huntsman really wants voters to consider supporting a third-party candidate. Which is strange, because just over a month ago, Jon Huntsman really wanted voters to consider supporting Mitt Romney.

He also wants people to know that, in his opinion, the GOP in general is a party bereft of big, bold ideas. That is also strange, considering that a month ago, Huntsman was calling for "GOP unity."

Aratus
03-16-2012, 09:29 AM
rand and jon and sarah are in the gop cards
for 2016 in terms of having great debates???

ererss
03-16-2012, 12:16 PM
He's laid the groundwork for winning NH so that he can focus elsewhere next time.