PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Insiders Say Ron Paul Primed for Strong Showing in Missouri Caucus

sailingaway
03-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Campaign Insiders Say Ron Paul Primed for Strong Showing in Missouri Caucus

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/general/politics/12/03/2428574/campaign-insiders-say-ron-paul-primed-for-strong-showing-in-missouri-#ixzz1pESvcNJp

I have to say I love this writer.

kathy88
03-15-2012, 05:45 PM
That was awesome.

Aratus
03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
he could win missouri
if the focus by the press
is elsewhere. win, ron, win!

pacelli
03-15-2012, 06:04 PM
I'll be completely satisfied with a 2nd place finish, heck that will bring in scores of new donors!!

I agree though, WIN ron WIN !!

carterm
03-15-2012, 06:17 PM
there won't be any straw poll for this, will there?

sailingaway
03-15-2012, 06:34 PM

there was a month ago, Santorum was the only one who went for that and he won.

The reason no one else went is that there is an entirely separate GOTV for the caucuses, and all the delegates are with the caucuses.

MountaineerBill
03-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Accurate reporting of the real process always makes me smile. It is truly a breath of fresh air. The MSM's butchering of the r-epublican process keeps me away from the TV and most "news" outlets. I tell people all the time about non-binding unofficial straw poll votes and all I get are blank stares. Thanks civics class!....?......."but the news said Mittens is first....and Brondo's got electrolytes!"

I'm anxiously awaiting Saturday...I hope this holds true.

trey4sports
03-15-2012, 06:40 PM
I don't know exactly how delegates will be appropriated but I highly highly doubt he'll win the caucus %.

Southern Missouri resembles the deep south, and that is where most of our Republicans vote in. We'll do better in the east and nothern parts of the state.

Esoteric
03-15-2012, 06:41 PM
This is a biased article, written by a layman, on a site where anybody can write articles. He takes a quote that the campaign is "optimistic" of our chances, and spins an entire article out of nothing.

JJ2
03-15-2012, 06:43 PM

That is correct: http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/03/missouri-caucuses-this-saturday-wont-have-a-winner----until-april-and-june.php

And I say, good! The media won't be able to give any stupid "delegate projections" for Missouri.

Tyler_Durden
03-15-2012, 06:46 PM
I modified the Headline a little:

"Campaign Insiders Say Ron Paul Primed for Strong Showing in Missouri Caucus unless voters are turned away, ballots from multiple precincts are lost, ballots are not counted, voters are disenfranchised with erroneous information, votes are flipped, GOP leaders GOTV for other candidates, "special caucuses" are held, etc."

nedomedo
03-15-2012, 07:32 PM
We need to get the Muslim Bosnian community to vote from St. Louis That is the biggest concentration of Bosnians in US. they number something like 70,000. We already have Serbians that will help us out in Chicago as reported by RevPac.

Agorism
03-15-2012, 07:39 PM
I heard some caucuses have already been held in Missouri. No?

Aratus
03-15-2012, 07:44 PM
they aren't doing a 'beauty contest' straw poll so the actual number of Dr Ron Paul delegates won't be
known until the summer. missouri may have a few surprises up a head in a nice way! we will have to wait.

trey4sports
03-15-2012, 07:46 PM
I heard some caucuses have already been held in Missouri. No?

yes, i think 1 small caucus.

secondly, st. louis is very unionized. I guess that wont really hurt us though in the GOP primary

rp08orbust
03-15-2012, 07:47 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?367332-Help-recruit-Ron-Paul-delegates-in-Missouri!

PolicyReader
03-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Let's make it even stronger :D

Grassroots for Liberty just identified 545 Ron Paul supporters in Missouri with $502.25 spent on robocalls. Phonebankers are now making follow-up calls to encourage them to attend their caucuses and vote for or become Ron Paul delegates.

We are targeting specific areas of Missouri suggested by volunteers in the state. Hitting all these areas will require about $2,000 in robocalls and text messages. Please donate at http://rp2012.org/missouri/

Of course, anyone is welcome to donate the roughly $20k it would take to cover the whole state like we did in Washington, where our efforts undoubtedly pushed Ron Paul from 3rd to 2nd in the straw poll.

Help upvote this thread above the noise on Daily Paul: http://www.dailypaul.com/220784/missouri-caucus-this-saturday-march-17th-52-delegates-at-stake#comment-2316332

specsaregood
03-15-2012, 08:00 PM
I don't know exactly how delegates will be appropriated but I highly highly doubt he'll win the caucus %.
Southern Missouri resembles the deep south, and that is where most of our Republicans vote in. We'll do better in the east and nothern parts of the state.

The southern folks are organizing though, I wouldn't count them out just yet. Especially with the short notice of these caucuse.

Matthew V
03-15-2012, 08:22 PM
SW MO is well organized. We should have a good showing come caucus day.

NoOneButPaul
03-15-2012, 08:35 PM
I swear these threads always pop up, and I swear every time we finish 3rd, then everyone pisses and moans about how we didn't do as well as we should while forgetting that an Insider's definition of "Strong Showing" is totally different than ours...

seawolf
03-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Pray we exceed expectations, because there are precious few Caucus's left on the Schedule. Only Primaries ahead and most are Winner Take All after 1 April.

Darguth
03-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Chariton County was supposed to hold their caucus in Missouri today, any news from anyone on the ground?

sailingaway
03-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Pray we exceed expectations, because there are precious few Caucus's left on the Schedule. Only Primaries ahead and most are Winner Take All after 1 April.

A bunch are winner take all BY DISTRICT like TX and CA but it is still tough without some momentum. Where we are NOW is actually ok with the delegate position we are in, the problem is lack of momentum going into states that will need it.

Aratus
03-15-2012, 09:05 PM
sailingaway has pointed out an important technicality. ^^^this^^^ mitt romney is not going to sweep everything.

row333au
03-15-2012, 09:19 PM
If going by the Missouri voting history with no action taken or charges to the guilty parties is to go by...

According to missouri.watchdog.org in 2010 election, fifteen Missouri counties have more voters than census population

Missouri has about 90.3 percent of its census voting-age population registered to vote, but 15 counties show more registered voters than people 18 and older.

Voter Fraud Alert: Fifteen Missouri Counties Have More Voters Than Population
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2010/10/voter-fraud-alert-fifteen-missouri-counties-have-more-voters-than-population-.html

missouri.watchdog.org report
http://missouri.watchdog.org/5822/fifteen-missouri-counties-have-more-voters-than-census-population/?utm_source=MO_Subscriptions&utm_campaign=5210b86f7d-More_voters_thab_census_population_in_Missouri&utm_medium=email

sailingaway
03-15-2012, 09:30 PM
well, that is discouraging.

specsaregood
03-15-2012, 09:31 PM
If going by the Missouri voting history with no action taken or charges to the guilty parties is to go by...

this is a caucus, and the first one so there is no real "history" to go off of.

J_White
03-15-2012, 10:06 PM
lol, u mean the campaing is optimistic if Brewstering does not happen ?

I modified the Headline a little:

"Campaign Insiders Say Ron Paul Primed for Strong Showing in Missouri Caucus unless voters are turned away, ballots from multiple precincts are lost, ballots are not counted, voters are disenfranchised with erroneous information, votes are flipped, GOP leaders GOTV for other candidates, "special caucuses" are held, etc."

row333au
03-15-2012, 10:28 PM
this is a caucus, and the first one so there is no real "history" to go off of.

Well you're talking about a government organization overseeing and facilitating for the state/national public voting and elections - national and local - regardless of political parties or caucus or primaries for that matter. Therefore they are accountable to the people as a whole with having integrity.

If there are questionable actions, failures and no investigations would that make the public people less confident of them being policing bodies to hold fair elections?

ichirix
03-16-2012, 12:27 AM
Does anyone know/think that this is true?

http://moscout.com/romney-campaign-insinuates-collusion-with-ron-paul-campaign-in-missouri/

I recently had a conversation with a prominent establishment Republican and self identified Romney organizer in Southwest Missouri. The operative told me directly during our conversation that the Romney campaign was in discussions with the leaders of the Ron Paul campaign in Greene County about “combining slates” prior to this Saturday’s caucus in Green County, Missouri. The Romney organizer clearly stated that the Romney and Paul campaigns are considering combining forces in an effort to sweep all the delegates in Greene County, leaving the winner of the February Republican primary election, Rick Santorum, without any Greene County representation at the Congressional and State Conventions in the coming weeks.

Teemu
03-16-2012, 02:09 AM
Considering that Frothy supporters are going to to try to bind all the county delegates to the February primary winner, in counties where Santorum supporters are just plurality or minority at the caucuses, in those counties it is very important to make sure that not a single Santy delegate gets elected.

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/16/early-glimpse-of-missouri-caucuses-shows-support-for-santorum

The first question of the evening was whether to bind delegates to the results of the February primary. The measure passed by a wide margin and no discussion, which sent four delegates on behalf of Mr. Santorum and none for Mr. Romney or Representative Ron Paul of Texas.

“All of our county delegates will be bound to the popular vote for Chariton County,” said Andrea Rice, the county Republican chairwoman, who presided over the meeting and announced the results. “Four delegates will go for Rick Santorum.”

A spokesman for the Missouri Republican Party said Thursday evening that all counties have the option to use Mr. Santorum’s victory in the primary as a starting point in their selection of delegates if they choose.

“The default is unbound delegates, so it will take passage of a rule to bind them,” said the spokesman, Jonathon Prouty. “It is likely that several counties will do so.”

parocks
03-16-2012, 02:50 AM

We've believed that story for a while. It simply isn't true. Yes, there are only caucuses in Louisiana, Montana, Nebraska, but the primaries aren't all winner take all.

Most of the primaries in May are Proportional. And most of the "Winner Take All" primaries are "Winner Take All" by Congressional District.

There are very, very few states that have all the delegates awarded as Winner Take All - At Large.

Here's the Winner Take All / At Large delegates that are awarded by state. A lot of states have some delegates awarded at large, others by CD.

Puerto Rico - 20
Maryland - 10
Wash DC - 16
Wisconsin - 15
Delaware - 14
California - 10
New Jersey - 47
Utah - 37

Those are the delegate that are awarded, at large, winner take all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012 - if Wikipedia is right, that spells it out pretty clearly.

specsaregood
03-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Well you're talking about a government organization overseeing and facilitating for the state/national public voting and elections - national and local - regardless of political parties or caucus or primaries for that matter. Therefore they are accountable to the people as a whole with having integrity.

Actually we aren't. A caucus is not a government organization event. The caucus is an internal matter of the political party which are private organizations, not government. Which is why the caucuses can really do anything they want.

Darguth
03-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Here's the Winner Take All / At Large delegates that are awarded by state. A lot of states have some delegates awarded at large, others by CD.

Puerto Rico - 20
Maryland - 10
Wash DC - 16
Wisconsin - 15
Delaware - 14
California - 10
New Jersey - 47
Utah - 37

Those are the delegate that are awarded, at large, winner take all.

According to The Green Papers, Puerto Rico at least from that list is proportional: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/PR-R#0318

It's only winner-take-all if a candidate gets a majority, otherwise it's proportionally split between anyone hitting 15% or greater in the popular vote.

Liberty74
03-16-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm not getting my hopes up.

Matthew5
03-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Actually we aren't. A caucus is not a government organization event. The caucus is an internal matter of the political party which are private organizations, not government. Which is why the caucuses can really do anything they want.

One could make the argument that they're semi-private due to some government oversight, but I get what you're saying. The GOP is free to set their own rules and procedures because your involvement in that party is voluntary.

Okie RP fan
03-16-2012, 08:42 AM
You all know what that means?

MO voters, get your friends and family to the caucuses and do any last minute door to door that you can!

Aratus
03-16-2012, 09:13 AM
^this^

row333au
03-16-2012, 06:39 PM

What is a Republican party? Is it a private enterprise organization that just about putting public officials on their private interest behalf for the public to elect in their public own government to have public authority over the public?

An article in the Kansas City Star in October 2004 said “If Missouri’s voter rolls are accurate, that would mean that 98 percent of adults are registered to vote.

.....federal lawsuit in 2005 found 37 Missouri election jurisdictions had more voters than voting age population. But the lawsuit was dropped in 2009 resulting from political pressures, which the public were unaware of.

ItsTime
03-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Remember when you got on me about Vermont? I do not see how this is any different lol.

parocks
03-16-2012, 08:06 PM
According to The Green Papers, Puerto Rico at least from that list is proportional: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/PR-R#0318

It's only winner-take-all if a candidate gets a majority, otherwise it's proportionally split between anyone hitting 15% or greater in the popular vote.

Wow, wikipedia changed to what you're saying in the last 24 hours.