PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul In The Driver's Seat

kathy88
03-15-2012, 05:34 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/mar/15/ron-paul-in-the-drivers-seat/

Ron Paul keeps chugging along like the little engine that could. He won’t win and won’t be on anyone’s ticket, but he could control a block of delegates that could break the deadlock, and one suspects - conspiracy theories aside - that he might find the man from Massachusetts less objectionable than the other two.

That's about all from Paul, but it's a nice anti-Newton piece :)

sailingaway
03-15-2012, 06:06 PM
I think they are trying to tell us not to expect to be on the ticket. I don't listen to them. I am still working towards Ron being on top of the ticket.

Philosophy_of_Politics
03-15-2012, 06:07 PM
This is the "news" organization that is closely in touch with Chinese Government, just so you know.

acptulsa
03-15-2012, 06:16 PM
He might control a block of delegates who can prevent the deadlock. There are, after all, more than 1,144 of us hiding in our mothers' basements.

Tyler_Durden
03-15-2012, 06:55 PM
The comments are much better than the article.... :)

PolicyReader
03-15-2012, 06:58 PM
I think they are trying to tell us not to expect to be on the ticket. I don't listen to them. I am still working towards Ron being on top of the ticket.
^^Took the words right out of my mouth :cool:

Britannia
03-15-2012, 09:10 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/mar/15/ron-paul-in-the-drivers-seat/

That's about all from Paul, but it's a nice anti-Newton piece :)

I responded with this:

I live in Great Britain and am a huge admirer of Rep. Ron Paul. I saw his name and clicked on this article but lo and behold he is barely mentioned at all. It's clear which candidate 'puts bums on seats' or it would have had the name of one of the other candidates in the heading. I also noticed that the other three candidates were referred to as Mr. while Rep. Paul was not afforded that courtesy. At first I thought the cries of media bias against Rep. Paul were exaggerated, however it's as clear as the nose on my face and quite shocking to me as an outsider. I don't think some US conservatives realise just how lucky they are to have a statesman of integrity like Rep. Paul in the GOP race and the way he is being treated is nothing short of disgraceful.

I'm sure I could have found a way to post my response while preserving my anonymity but quite frankly I was so furious after reading the article that I couldn't restrain myself.

Is this what passes as journalism in the United States of America these days? If so then all I can say is thank goodness for the BBC.

kathy88
03-16-2012, 04:40 AM
I responded with this:

I'm sure I could have found a way to post my response while preserving my anonymity but quite frankly I was so furious after reading the article that I couldn't restrain myself.

Is this what passes as journalism in the United States of America these days? If so then all I can say is thank goodness for the BBC.

Indeed it is. Sensationalism and bias abound. Thank you for replying to it.