PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Declines To Commit To Backing Mitt Romney If He Is The Nominee

sailingaway
03-15-2012, 03:20 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/534995/thumbs/r-RON-PAUL-MITT-ROMNEY-large570.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/15/ron-paul-mitt-romney-nominee_n_1349184.html

Bruno
03-15-2012, 03:28 PM
"Ron Paul supports No One But Paul". :D

matt0611
03-15-2012, 03:30 PM
How come its fine for other candidates to say that would have a hard time backing Paul as the nominee but when Ron says it its suddenly a big deal?

nano1895
03-15-2012, 03:42 PM
How come its fine for other candidates to say that would have a hard time backing Paul as the nominee but when Ron says it its suddenly a big deal?

I know it's annoying.

03-15-2012, 03:45 PM
An anti-war candidate, Paul said he'd need more information about Romney's foreign policy to make that decision.

"I'd talk to him and see what kind of a foreign policy he is going to have," Paul, a congressman from Texas, told reporters

That is exactly what I want to hear from Ron. Good for him. If Romney is willing to compromise on policy he'll consider it.

ILUVRP
03-15-2012, 03:47 PM
i pick this up on the limpball forum ;

"Just saw where Ron Paul said he would trade his delegates and support to Romney in exchange for a cabinet post or VP consideration for his son. Now I have no candidate."

anyone else seen anything about this ?

03-15-2012, 03:52 PM

"Just saw where Ron Paul said he would trade his delegates and support to Romney in exchange for a cabinet post or VP consideration for his son. Now I have no candidate."

It's an incorrect assumption. It's merely a possibility if Ron got the concessions from Romney he wanted.

PolicyReader
03-15-2012, 04:13 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/534995/thumbs/r-RON-PAUL-MITT-ROMNEY-large570.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/15/ron-paul-mitt-romney-nominee_n_1349184.html

I'll take "Federal Politicians who Honor their Oath of Office for $5000 Alex" ;)

PolicyReader
03-15-2012, 04:16 PM

Because the banksters who back Willard and Obama that control the party establishment at high levels are "anyone but Paul" since he can't be bought by lobbyists.
He doesn't "go along to get along" like the others.

Paulitics 2011
03-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Give him a spot on the ticket and I'll give them my vote. Otherwise the GOP (and the DNC as well) can go to hell.

Brett85
03-15-2012, 05:07 PM
This is what I like to hear. I knew there was no possible way that Ron will endorse Romney if Romney continues to advocate a war with Iran.

RonPaulFever
03-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Ron Paul...a legend in his own time. He will be remembered as the one politician who never sold out and was America's last hope....after it is in ruins.

sailingaway
03-15-2012, 05:25 PM

It is a pumping up media is doing by torturing an interview with Benton where he said they were planning to win and when asked what they would want if they DIDN'T win he discussed an entire list of things, but said they wanted to win. Romney in particular wasn't the focus, it was more what leverage might transition to if Ron finds he can't win, and was based on staff bouncing stuff around. Frankly, I don't see why Benton even went there, since it was generalization and speculation and he said at this point they were focused on a win. But each step they move from Benton's interview, it gets more and more fantastical, and what you are reporting sounds many many steps removed.

Anti Federalist
03-15-2012, 05:30 PM
"Ron Paul supports No One But Paul". :D

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Bruno again.

No One But Paul

Schiff_FTW
03-15-2012, 05:43 PM
That is exactly what I want to hear from Ron. Good for him. If Romney is willing to compromise on policy he'll consider it.

Yeah, because if Mitt Romney has proven anything, it's that he can be trusted.

Oh wait, the opposite.

AFPVet
03-15-2012, 05:55 PM
This shows that unlike the "others", Dr. Paul is willing to entertain the thought of concession to a nominated candidate. Dr. Paul has demonstrated that he is a strong leader who is extraordinarily humble.

BlackTerrel
03-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Good. If Ron doesn't go up in the general I would vote for Obama over Romney. Regardless of what Ron Paul would say.

Ron Paul is it for me in the Republicans.

PolicyReader
03-16-2012, 12:35 AM
This is what I like to hear. I knew there was no possible way that Ron will endorse Romney if Romney continues to advocate a war with Iran.
:D