PDA

View Full Version : judging growth in support from these forums.

honkywill
11-13-2007, 11:08 PM
I remember when at this time of night we'd be doing good to have 200+ people in this forum when there wasn't a debate or some other event happening.

Right now as far as I know there is nothing happening and we have 434 viewing this forum.

TechnoGuyRob
11-13-2007, 11:29 PM
The average time of topics on the Grassroots Central front page (this subforum) has also gone down from about 40 minutes to 15.

amonasro
11-13-2007, 11:31 PM
Yes, the forums are growing a lot. Before the new hosting, the forum used to crash after big events, like debates. And that was with 250+ viewers. Now there are close to a thousand during big events.

fcofer
11-13-2007, 11:36 PM
I've lurked these forums since early August, and finally got driven to start posting near the end of last quarter. I've definitely noticed a huge change in that time.

Out of curiosity, what was it like back in the early days -- say, June -- in terms of how many people were online, how many posts there were, etc?

bobmurph
11-13-2007, 11:39 PM
I'd like to see a graph of registred users from May to Current. This forum has exploded over the past week.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
11-13-2007, 11:41 PM
For as long as I've been here, the threads go quick, and there's always a lot of discussion going.

It's the busiest forum I've ever been apart of.

Ron Paul Fan
11-13-2007, 11:45 PM
The forums were always fairly busy, but lately it's gotten pretty crazy. You can post something and 10-15 minutes later it's buried on the 2nd page, especially in the evening hours. I'm pleased to see the progress as this forum is the lifeblood of the grassroots. Back in early July when I joined we were ecstatic to raise $2.4 million in one quarter. Now that's chicken feed. From 0-1% in the polls to 5-8%. The forum and the campaign are growing by leaps and bounds. Josh and Bryan deserve a lot of credit for starting this and trying their best to manage a few thousand libertarians with so many different backgrounds and beliefs.

honkywill
11-13-2007, 11:49 PM
The forums were always fairly busy, but lately it's gotten pretty crazy. You can post something and 10-15 minutes later it's buried on the 2nd page, especially in the evening hours. I'm pleased to see the progress as this forum is the lifeblood of the grassroots. Back in early July when I joined we were ecstatic to raise $2.4 million in one quarter. Now that's chicken feed. From 0-1% in the polls to 5-8%. The forum and the campaign are growing by leaps and bounds. Josh and Bryan deserve a lot of credit for starting this and trying their best to manage a few thousand libertarians with so many different backgrounds and beliefs.

QFT

american.swan
11-13-2007, 11:50 PM
I'd like to see a graph of registred users from May to Current. This forum has exploded over the past week.

That happens when you have the forums show up on national tv. :)

SwanMaiden
11-13-2007, 11:56 PM
I've lurked these forums since early August, and finally got driven to start posting near the end of last quarter. I've definitely noticed a huge change in that time.

Out of curiosity, what was it like back in the early days -- say, June -- in terms of how many people were online, how many posts there were, etc?

Hey, you are using my Ron Paul/Gandalf pic as your avatar!!:D I am honored. It really is famous now.:p;)

Edit: Never mind, you took it down, lol

amonasro
11-13-2007, 11:57 PM
I joined on May 12th, shortly after the forums opened. It was reeeallly early on and his support base was very small. After the first few debates they grew very quickly. I would never have thought the forums would ever be this busy (they will get busier... *gulp*), or could have realized the rate of growth. It really is astounding, and I agree a graph should be up at Ronpaulgraphs of new members.

fcofer
11-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Hey, you are using my Ron Paul/Gandalf pic as your avatar!!:D I am honored. It really is famous now.:p;)

That's funny that you should notice and mention so fast. I saw it in your thread and choked on my coffee. :)

As a matter of fact, I just put it up about 20 minutes ago, then had second thoughts (when you shrink it down to 64 pixels you can't tell that it's Ron Paul) and took it down.

Since someone's actually commented (the original artist, no less), I think I'll put it back up again.

torchbearer
11-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Back in May we had less than a hundred people signed up.

SwanMaiden
11-14-2007, 12:05 AM
That's funny that you should notice and mention so fast. I saw it in your thread and choked on my coffee. :)

As a matter of fact, I just put it up about 20 minutes ago, then had second thoughts (when you shrink it down to 64 pixels you can't tell that it's Ron Paul) and took it down.

Since someone's actually commented (the original artist, no less), I think I'll put it back up again.

Put it up, take it down, put it up. Are u messin' wid me? Huh?:p