PDA

View Full Version : What Gives?

Seanmc30
11-13-2007, 11:07 PM
I spent a little time today looking around at the Clinton and Giuliani web pages, and there are some interesting things I noticed, maybe you guys can help me understand.

I did not find a central forum ANYWHERE for either candidate, and none of the ones I found have anywhere close to the amount of people actively looking and posting to the site. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Also,

How do these candidates get so many contributions? How can they have so much money if individuals can only donate $2,300 each? Are corporations/businesses allowed to donate more or something or are the candidates just using their own money?

Maybe I am just spoiled to the RP network that has been built but it seems to me that a mastery of the internet, something NONE of the other candidates have done, is absolutely necessary. Yet they have mountains of money.... WHAT GIVES?

MsDoodahs
11-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Lots of people "bundling" money like that guy, Chu, is what I suspect.

steph3n
11-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Move to general politics please :)

Paulitician
11-14-2007, 12:02 AM
The other candidates don't have forums like ours because they don't need one. They use central, top-to-bottom planning. This is very laissez-faire, built from the bottom up type thing. You're right, they don't have grassroots support like we do. But then again, that's ok, because the media is more than willing to fill that void, and people are stupid enough to take everything they see on TV as fact, such as Hillary and Giuliani are without a doubt going to be the nominees for their respective parties, and that Ron Paul has no support--or the supporter he does have they're only "kooky fringe conspiracy nuts." As for how they raise money, yup, they just get it from corporations, and they get it bundled often times too, with individual donations on the side. Almost all of Ron Paul's donations come from individuals, it's like 94% or something. Remember how Hillary's 70k donors seemed a lot for Q3, well we already surpassed that number with 85k, just check ronpaulgraphs (http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/) (and probably more with the off-line donations it can't count, or I assume the site is not counting).

So what gives? Ignorance and corporate influence, that's what I think.