PDA

View Full Version : TX - Cop's story of shooting family dog not matching evidence on dog's body.

Anti Federalist
03-15-2012, 12:08 PM
This story popped up last week, but I didn't post it because there was nothing to contradict the cop's story that the dog was dangerous and about to attack.

I see quite a few stories like that, actually.

At any rate, new information coming out.

Houston County Sheriff Deputy shoots family pet

http://warnerrobinspatriot.com/bookmark/17883849-Houston-County-Sheriff-Deputy-shoots-family-pet-

New information has come out in the story we brought to you yesterday about a family pet who was shot and killed by a Houston County Sheriff Deputy.

The Crenshaw family of Kathleen has been able to view the remains of their pet pit bull who was shot last week and have found a conflict with the testimony in the police report by the officer who shot it.

According to the police report deputy Gary Andrews shot the family pet after a neighbor called saying a vicious dog had gotten loose. When Andrews arrived, he spotted the dog wearing an orange collar urinating on a bush. He then stepped out of his car. His testimony in the report states.

"The dog started running in full sprint towards me. I hollered to the dog to stop, the dog stopped approximately less than 15 feet from me. Before I could move forward or backward the dog let out a low growl and charged at me. I shot the dog two times with my pistol." Further down in the report he states, "the dog had been shot on the left side chest directly in the heart."

Upon viewing the remains the family says there were no gunshots wounds to the dogs chest, and they do not believe it was shot in the heart, but clearly on its side, which according to Warner Robins Animal Control is not where a charging dog would have be shot

Bethany Crenshaw and her family came home from church to find their dog missing and a note from animal control saying please give us a call, when they called the number is was an office number, and the office is closed on Sunday so they had to wait until Monday to find out where their dog was.

The Patriot contacted Deputy Andrews but he declined to speak on the incident.

Houston County Sheriff Captain Tommy Jackson told the Patriot, while officers carry other devices like mace and a taser, if an officer feels he is in danger, he is authorized to shoot an animal.

(Or a person. Circular force continuum folks. - AF)