PDA

View Full Version : Panetta: "Our strategy is working."

moderate libertarian
03-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Incredible, does this guy need to send his mental faculties for examination? Jump to last line of news report:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/us-marines-afghanistan-told-disarm-defense-secretary-panetta/story?id=15917672

oyarde
03-14-2012, 11:50 PM
I DUNNO , on one hand I would like to say that is ridiculous , on the other , what else would you tell the youngsters in Helmand and Kandahar that will be killed & maimed because we are there and not in control of said regions ? .... If it was me , I would say , I am sorry , getting all of you out at the end of the week , no more patrols until then , beer is on the the dumbasses that have you here on Saturday . This concludes my speach , thank you for your cooperation. Naturally , my speach wins .

moderate libertarian
03-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Ok, you got a point.

In that case, why not say what Bush/Cheney kept on saying about Iraq bloodbath, "stay the course".

March 15, 2012
Panetta Stresses Importance of Staying Course in Afghanistan

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/Panetta-Stresses-Importance-of-Staying-Course-in-Afghanistan-142839195.html

In other news that may not be related to each other:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/15/us/afghanistan-killings-retaliation/index.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17389013

thoughtomator
03-15-2012, 07:47 PM
the strategy is to impose military dictatorship on us

and yes it is working

Pericles
03-15-2012, 07:52 PM
OK - what strategy would that be?

Seraphim
03-15-2012, 07:57 PM
The one that consists of bankrupting the United States Citizens and imposing a police state dictatorship on them - so that they DEMAND world government.

awake
03-15-2012, 07:58 PM
If exterminating innocents is the strategy, then yes it's working. The mass shooting of civilians by one soldier is simply a work-aholic over achiever.

oyarde
03-16-2012, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=moderate libertarian;4283635]Ok, you got a point.

In that case, why not say what Bush/Cheney kept on saying about Iraq bloodbath, "stay the course". Do not get me wrong , by upbringing , principle , and general personality "defects " , I am , a " stay the course " kind of guy , but unless it is something personal , that I can just live with no other " course " ,( I would not include others in that ) at some point , as a responsible human being , you must accept the failed situation ( especially , in this case , where , YOU are not invaded ) , and do what is needed to protect lives of your own . This whole thing has been a clusterfuck . Where do all the casualties come from ? How can they be avoided ? did anyone do these things ? No . It is a disgrace , but that disgrace does not fall on these youngsters on the ground . Casualties come from IED's , do not move troops on the ground , if you have to , do not use the roads , never were there enough troops to control the two most dangerous regions of Kandahar & Helmand ,nothing , but doomed failure . Get the fuck out now, one more death is not worth anything .

Esoteric
03-16-2012, 12:20 AM
Mcnamerra: "Panetta is in the fog of war."

Lishy
03-16-2012, 12:27 AM
How the hell can they hit us if we're not in their damn land? Let's focus on national defense instead!

oyarde
03-16-2012, 12:34 AM
I regret my rough language , but , some things must be accepted , I intend to offend no person , I was raised better , but ,at times , I may revert back to my days as a scarred , battered , tired , young fellow who wanted to see the worlld , I did, and then some . I wish all of the young people here could see , feel , taste , smell what I and my forefathers have .

moderate libertarian
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM
I don't think anything wrong with expressing one's views plainly and directly as long it is a civil discourse. Passionate debate happens, nothing wrong with it.

pcosmar
03-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Panetta: "Our strategy is working."

That is what I am afraid of.

Exactly,, and Good Question.

:(

bunklocoempire
03-16-2012, 02:08 PM

The Taliban quickly vowed revenge for the slayings. In a strongly worded statement posted on their website, the insurgent group threatened to kill and behead the "sadistic murderous soldiers" behind the attack.

Yep. Works like a charm, and EXACTLY how you want it to work.:mad:

xFiFtyOnE
03-16-2012, 02:17 PM

His strategy is to fill people with so much hatred for Americans that they would crash a vehicle and come out burning alive and still try to attack us. It's working.

flightlesskiwi
03-16-2012, 02:21 PM

That is what I am afraid of.

Exactly,, and Good Question.

:(

from someone who has someone she loves that is in the thick of all this and who has friends who are in the thick thick thick of it-- we are asking this question every single damn day.

our conclusion:

The one that consists of bankrupting the United States Citizens and imposing a police state dictatorship on them - so that they DEMAND world government.

and when we share that we get blank stares and/or are dismissed.

flightlesskiwi
03-16-2012, 02:24 PM
also, okay people... WTF constitutes a "global crisis" nowadays???

@#$#^$%#%@#$@#$#!!!!

PaulConventionWV
03-16-2012, 03:16 PM

the strategy is to impose military dictatorship on us

and yes it is working

Romulus
03-16-2012, 09:52 PM
A CIA coup? Yeah, I'd say that already happened.

oyarde
03-16-2012, 10:55 PM
These people are being played like Pawns . I find it most revolting .

oyarde
03-17-2012, 01:12 AM
I am nearly speechless about this travesty..

oyarde
03-17-2012, 01:20 AM
[QUOTE=flightlesskiwi;4285534]from someone who has someone she loves that is in the thick of all this and who has friends who are in the thick thick thick of it-- we are asking this question every single damn day.

our conclusion:

I hope he is not in the neverlands , if he is , you should let me know , and I will include him in my prayers . Granted , I may not be the most qualified person to pray , but I do it everyday .