PDA

View Full Version : Athens Clark County Georgia Republican Delegate Fraud

libertylastchance
03-14-2012, 08:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UDChEDnISOw

On Saturday March 10th, in Athens, GA, the democratic process was trampled on. The Athens-Clarke county GOP met to hold their annual county convention. The convention was held to nominate, approve, and pass slates of delegates to the party's district and state conventions. County chairman Matt Brewster and nominating committee chairman John Elliot blatantly broke the rules of their own party when they improperly, and without a majority, passed delegate slates and adjourned the convention amidst cries for "division", which is a call for a standing head count. With that, many sitting precinct delegates were disenfranchised, and the convention was improperly closed. When warned that their conduct was jeopardizing the status of the delegates and alternates for the entire county, the chair Matt Brewster directed all questions to John Padgett, who is the Secretary of the Georgia State Republican Party. Unfortunately, Mr. Padgett refused to answer questions and fled the scene along with the rest of the local GOP leadership.

Apparently, this is not the first time that the Georgia GOP has alienated Ron Paul supporters. In a March 2011 speech given by Sue Everhart, Chairwoman of the Georgia State GOP, she apologizes to Ron Paul supporters for "shoddy treatment" in 2008. She also admits that pressure from an outside source was the reason that Ron Paul supporters were mistreated. During the same speech, Everhart holds up a copy of the Georgia Republican Party Rules, vowing that such treatment will not happen in the future.

Many of the precinct delegates, who were elected in February at the county's mass precinct meetings, were new to the process and were appalled by the conduct they witnessed. Delegate Gary J. Warenfelt of 5C said, "This is the first time I have ever been actively involved in politics and to see illegal actions taking place in a major U.S. political party is very saddening. They cherry-picked the delegates that they wanted to go to the district and state conventions without following party rules. They did not listen to any voice of opposition and ended the meeting illegally." Fellow delegate Shawn Lewis added, "I personally called for a count of the votes of the ayes versus the nays, and was refused. I was told that the convention was closed, and watched as everyone just up and fled from the scene. I was ignored by the state GOP secretary after we were told that he would answer questions. I'm thoroughly disgusted; this is my first time participating in the process, and I feel violated."

Tyler_Durden
03-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDChEDnISOw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

wgadget
03-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Somebody should contact James O'Keefe with this story. Yesterday there was an article on Drudge in which he was trying to uncover shenanigans in VT. He might like this...you never know...

shelskov
03-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the GOP.

Things don't go this way at Libertarian Party meetings...

kah13176
03-14-2012, 09:23 PM
In Carroll County, GA, we were prohibited from nominating delegates from the floor (motions to do so were out of order). Their nominating committee nominated themselves (of course) and all their friends. We had an up-or-down vote on passing their slate, and that was that. Motions for the floor to review their list before voting was also rejected by voting, 64-15.

03-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Here ya go:

LOL. That's freaking atrocious. They have NO CLUE about Robert's Rules and don't seem to care.

svobody
03-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Stuff like this should be in national headlines. Expose these creeps.

wgadget
03-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Here ya go:

Wow. My jaw dropped. You guys in Athens are AWESOME.

wgadget
03-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Seems ol' Apologize and Kiss Up Sue Everhardt made sure ALL the counties knew how to play fast and loose this time around. For shame.

wjh
03-14-2012, 09:45 PM
That's just crazy! However, they did a GREAT job of documenting the FRAUD and putting pressure on the officials. These things shouldn't happen in the America I know.

WJH

DerickVonD
03-14-2012, 09:47 PM
If they commit fraud, block the doors and don't let them leave.

03-14-2012, 09:54 PM
GA MEDIA CONTACT INFO

SEND THEM THIS VIDEO LINK!!!!

NBC-11 ATLANTA
PHONE: 404-892-1611
FAX:404-881-0675
http://www.11alive.com/life/company/contact/default.aspx

WSB-TV 2 ATLANTA
PHONE: 404-897-7000
EMAIL: newstip@wsbtv.com
http://www.wsbtv.com/contact-us/

CBS ATLANTA 46
PHONE: 404-327-3000
FAX: 404-372-3004
EMAIL: Eric Ludgood, News Director eric.ludgood@cbsatlanta.com
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/category/212671/contact-cbs-atlanta

wgadget
03-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Drudge it!

carterm
03-14-2012, 10:21 PM
GA MEDIA CONTACT INFO

NBC-11 ATLANTA

WSB-TV 2 ATLANTA

CBS ATLANTA 46

THIS

and drudge
rachel maddow

J_White
03-14-2012, 10:26 PM
no words would do justice to my emotions.

1stAmendguy
03-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Shared on my facebook

wgadget
03-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Viralize. Maybe they'll disqualify all the delegates in that county. They should anyway.

amonasro
03-14-2012, 10:40 PM
If they commit fraud, block the doors and don't let them leave.

LOL this is a pretty good idea. Stockpile some burgers in advance. They'll get hungry eventually and will probably sell out for a bite.

DerickVonD
03-14-2012, 10:42 PM
LOL this is a pretty good idea. Stockpile some burgers in advance. They'll get hungry eventually and will probably sell out for a bite.
lol. Pay some bouncers to come and block the doorways, so they can't push through the crowd to get out.

na_golfball
03-14-2012, 10:43 PM
They did a fantastic job of documenting this blatant FRAUD and UNDERMINING of the delegation process. Now, I need to ask for myself and maybe others...What can I do to help?

wgadget
03-14-2012, 10:44 PM
I wonder how ol' Sue Everhart is gonna like seeing her image plastered all over Facebook and Twitter? LoL

opinionatedfool
03-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Sue. Sue. Sue. And sue for all kinds of damages. Money wakes people up.

wgadget
03-14-2012, 10:49 PM
And eject from office.

jasonxe
03-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Sue. Sue. Sue. And sue for all kinds of damages. Money wakes people up.

Sue and quickly

RonPossible
03-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Just shared this on Facebook, it is absolutely horrible the blatant disregard of the peoples right to have a voice that is going on all over the place. It is not even trying to be hidden anymore, which means we are getting them worried!!

wgadget
03-14-2012, 11:03 PM
E-mailed, Tweeted, Facebooked and Drudged.....ahhhhh.

SLewis
03-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Please watch this video and see how a bunch of Newt supporters disenfranchised a majority (23 of 37) of delegates at the Athens-Clarke County Convention.
http://youtu.be/UDChEDnISOw

amazingfunksta
03-14-2012, 11:49 PM
This makes me EXTREMELY angry. We need to do all we can to make this go VIRAL!

amazingfunksta
03-14-2012, 11:51 PM
We really do need to get this out. They are trying to undermine the delegate selection process and we shouldn't let it happen. We need to let the GOP know that we are watching them.

Sentinelrv
03-14-2012, 11:53 PM
Just look at the way those two snobs act when questioned about their fraud. They think they can get away with this. It's disgusting. Luckily we have video proof.

Sentinelrv
03-14-2012, 11:57 PM
What are the people doing that attended this? Have we heard word on any action that's being taken? We have video proof right here. If we allow these scum bags to get away with this, it will keep happening in other states. We need to make a stand here and now to make sure these people fear us and think twice about breaking the rules. Just look at the fear in the eyes of those two GOP officials. That was some serious pressure they put on them. The pressure needs to be turned up so that they know they can't mess with us.

TheGrinch
03-14-2012, 11:58 PM
So surreal being on the inside of this one... Rest assured though that legal action is being pursued though. Spread to anyone who will listen...

puppetmaster
03-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Nevada Reduex

PolicyReader
03-15-2012, 12:22 AM
GA MEDIA CONTACT INFO

NBC-11 ATLANTA

WSB-TV 2 ATLANTA

CBS ATLANTA 46

THIS

and drudge
rachel maddow
Also toss a line to Stewart and Colbert, they may not be news but we know they put politics in their shows and isn't this just red meat for comics to work over. (if it goes on national TV regardless of venue that's leverage)

DerickVonD
03-15-2012, 12:36 AM
I think we really need to fight back. I'm not saying hurt anyone, but if it comes to us not letting them leave or following where they take those ballot boxes, thats what needs to be done. The MSM won't show these videos, so we may need to do things that are more drastic.

PauliticsPolitics
03-15-2012, 12:51 AM
I think we really need to fight back. I'm not saying hurt anyone, but if it comes to us not letting them leave or following where they take those ballot boxes, thats what needs to be done. The MSM won't show these videos, so we may need to do things that are more drastic.

True. We have the most youth, we have the most dedication, we have the survivalists, we have independent thinkers, we have the soldiers. They fear us in events like this. WE should not be afraid to use their fear to quell their manipulation.

PauliticsPolitics
03-15-2012, 12:52 AM
True. We have the most youth, we have the most dedication, we have the survivalists, we have independent thinkers, we have the soldiers. They fear us in events like this. WE should not be afraid to use their fear to quell their manipulation.
In other words, we can't let them strong-arm us when we have stronger arms.

DerickVonD
03-15-2012, 01:15 AM
In other words, we can't let them strong-arm us when we have stronger arms.
You get 15 or so retired vets to wait outside these delegate meeting and I think they will give a little more thought to trying to fraud us.

Justinfrom1776
03-15-2012, 01:33 AM
This is why when we have an overwhelming majority we need to be electing our own caucus chair, and run it the way we want.

J_White
03-15-2012, 01:58 AM
bump. yes, wherever possible.

This is why when we have an overwhelming majority we need to be electing our own caucus chair, and run it the way we want.

hillertexas
03-15-2012, 06:27 AM
bump

amazingfunksta
03-15-2012, 06:41 AM
How do we go about getting this on the front of the daily paul? That would help this get more exposure.

moostraks
03-15-2012, 07:00 AM
Sounds like they are perfecting their technique. I saw it first hand in Newt's old district last time. Good luck ya'll. I can't even stomach the process after what I witnessed last time. Turn the heat up on these vermin.

tfurrh
03-15-2012, 07:00 AM
on a side note. I'm impressed at how well they were all dressed. Way to be, guys.

Libertytree
03-15-2012, 07:06 AM
The question that that needs to be asked is "who" are the "they" Sue was referring to that was pressuring them in 08, the answer is likely a key to this incident as well.

wgadget
03-15-2012, 07:36 AM
Got a note in my email from Kissup Sue:

http://www.gagop.org/chairmans-welcome-march-14-2012/

Dear Friends,

Thomas Edison once said, “We shall have no better conditions in the future if we are satisfied with all those which we have at present.” This is a simple quote, and yet is one that I have had on my mind for the better part of this week.

On Saturday, each of the Georgia Republican Party’s organized counties hosted their GOP County Conventions, at which they were to elect Delegates and Alternates to the upcoming GAGOP District and State Conventions. Turnout was high, and tensions were higher; though always a fairly competitive process, the election of Delegates and Alternates this year proved to elicit passions that left some exhilarated, some confused and some downright frustrated and disenchanted.

Many long-time members of our Party were elected as Delegates or Alternates to their respective County Conventions this year, and unfortunately chose to sit this round out, expecting to be elected to their District and State Conventions de facto based on their previous service to our cause. Instead, at many of our County Conventions, first-time activists showed up, fully participated in the process and many were ultimately elected to serve as Delegates and Alternates to the upcoming Conventions, sometimes even in the place of Party stalwarts. (WOW)

I have heard from many members of our team this week, and I must say that though I want to see continued growth in our Party, I am equally disheartened at the behavior of many attendees, as well as the apparent contentment of a large portion of our base.

With the gains of the Republican Party in Georgia over the past decade, complacency is an all-too-simple wave to ride. The stark truth of the matter is that when we don’t show up, we lose.

I urge those of you elected as Delegates and Alternates to our District and State Conventions to take this not as a warning, but rather a charge forward. Much has been accomplished in Georgia due entirely to the drive, support and efforts of our Republican grassroots. The road ahead to victory, however, will require nothing short of our absolute best.

The opportunity to represent the Party as a Delegate or Alternate is a privilege, not an entitlement, and I look forward to seeing each and every elected member at the upcoming District Conventions on April 14th and the State Convention in Columbus on May 18th & 19th. Together as a team, we will take our country back!

All my best,

Sue

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Sir Winston Churchill.

wgadget
03-15-2012, 07:38 AM
Of course, I had to reply:

Dear Sue,

We (and the whole world) saw what you did in Athens, Cobb and Carroll Counties.

http://runronpaul.com/interest/breaking-news-athens-clarke-county-ga-republican-delegate-fraud/

"The truth will win."

Rocco
03-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Does it not say in Robert's rules of order that the chairman controls the meeting and can dismiss at any time? I may very well be wrong, but this was the impression I was under.

gte811i
03-15-2012, 07:46 AM
And BOOM goes the dynamite.

We are taking back this country, one county at a time. I encourage all to get in the fight.

gte811i
03-15-2012, 07:47 AM
Nope, requires a majority vote to dismiss.

libertylastchance
03-15-2012, 08:15 AM
bump

goldpants
03-15-2012, 08:22 AM
How do you allow them to just up and leave? Their legs and or form of transportation should have been put out of commission. Saying that's not fair isn't going to get it done folks.

skytoucher
03-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Ben Swann would be all over this.

1stAmendguy
03-15-2012, 09:27 AM
Secretary John Padgett

Clarke County

Congressional District: 10

Contact Information:

251 Moss Side Drive (p) 706-353-8868 or 706-202-4038

Athens, GA 30607 jpgodawgs@aol.com

Liberty74
03-15-2012, 09:51 AM
This crap wouldn't go on if we took over the Indy Party.

But no, too many people want to cozy up to the establishment thinking they are just going to bend over and take it from us.

Wake up! We could be offering the people something real and something big. We will lose against the GOP. It is a failing strategy to work within the GOP system.

airborne373
03-15-2012, 09:54 AM
This is why it is so important to become the party. Congrats to all those who have jumped into their county political infrastructure. You are doing the heavy lifting and I salute you.

dancjm
03-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Is it possible to table a motion to dismiss the chair as soon as the fraud starts?

gte811i
03-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Is it possible to table a motion to dismiss the chair as soon as the fraud starts?

AFAIK, yes. 51% majority removes the chair.

georgiaboy
03-15-2012, 10:29 AM
what a travesty by the GOP leadership. How dare they claim to represent my party that way.

The time for honest decent Americans to take this party back is obviously long overdue.

So proud of all the folks who took this leadership to task.

dancjm
03-15-2012, 10:29 AM
AFAIK, yes. 51% majority removes the chair.

This is what I think could be done.

1. Fraud/Disenfranchisement begins.

2. Immediate motion to dismiss the chair.

3. If we are a majority (which we should know comparing our numbers to the total number present before things start) then the chair is dismissed. This should be documented on video, and the numbers documented also.

At this point, the rules have been followed, a vote taken and won to dismiss the chair has been documented, so now we are within the rules to elect a new chair which can be done very quickly, then just carry on without the fraudsters.

Two slates may then end up being submitted if they carry on and we carry on separately, but the test as to which slate is valid MUST be the GOP rules. If we followed the rules and others did not, then our slate is valid and theirs is not. They effectively will have gone through the process with a dismissed chair making all their efforts useless and a waste of time.

Literally have our own process.

Something like this needs to be done I think. Take them out of the process if they won't follow the rules.

gte811i
03-15-2012, 10:38 AM
This is what I think could be done.

1. Fraud/Disenfranchisement begins.

2. Immediate motion to dismiss the chair.

3. If we are a majority (which we should know comparing our numbers to the total number present before things start) then the chair is dismissed. This should be documented on video, and the numbers documented also.

At this point, the rules have been followed, a vote taken and won to dismiss the chair has been documented, so now we are within the rules to elect a new chair which can be done very quickly, then just carry on without the fraudsters.

Two slates may then end up being submitted if they carry on and we carry on separately, but the test as to which slate is valid MUST be the GOP rules. If we followed the rules and others did not, then our slate is valid and theirs is not. They effectively will have gone through the process with a dismissed chair making all their efforts useless and a waste of time.

Literally have our own process.

Something like this needs to be done I think. Take them out of the process if they won't follow the rules.

I agree. I think a lot of it has to do with experience. Most people are very inexperienced in the process, so it is very difficult to anticipate (even if someone tells you what to expect) and react when it happens in the moment . . . kind of like shock.

My guess is that if people stay involved the Clark County GOP is going to be in for a real shock the next go around . . . just look at Clark Co. Nevada. The GOP is ticking off a lot of people . . . it very well may come back to bite them.

dancjm
03-15-2012, 10:56 AM
I agree. I think a lot of it has to do with experience. Most people are very inexperienced in the process, so it is very difficult to anticipate (even if someone tells you what to expect) and react when it happens in the moment . . . kind of like shock.

My guess is that if people stay involved the Clark County GOP is going to be in for a real shock the next go around . . . just look at Clark Co. Nevada. The GOP is ticking off a lot of people . . . it very well may come back to bite them.

Exactly, this is why I think a plan should be formulated prior to attending. So that in the event of disenfranchisement people know EXACTLY what to do. How to use their presence to nullify the power of the chair as quickly as possible and restart the process fairly, and in accordance with the rules.

It makes no sense to have a majority present and let a minority act in violation of the rules. The majority can motion, and when they carry the motion with votes, whether ignored by the chair or not, they need to stand their ground and carry on the process without those who are defying the process.

There is no point in waiting for the chair to accept us or our motions because they won't. We need to be brave enough to stand up to these people, and that does not mean arguing and pleading for them to accept what we are doing, it means telling them their process is now over, in accordance with the rules, and then beginning a new process independently.

jmag
03-15-2012, 12:12 PM
ttt

03-15-2012, 12:15 PM
404-656-2871

Georgia SOS Elections Division. Use with caution.

BozeEB
03-15-2012, 12:18 PM
This is very disheartening. Makes you wonder how many times this has happened throughout the election season.

ronpaulforchange
03-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Secretary John Padgett
51 Moss Side Drive
Athens, GA 30607
706-353-8868 or 706-202-4038
jpgodawgs@aol.com

Magicman
03-15-2012, 06:46 PM
We need to do something about this , we cannot let the GOP break the rules and do whatever they want because it's against Ron Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mBFJyb5wZV8

Twilliams
03-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Well I guess knowing Robert's Rules are really not that important when the rules are not even followed. That was shockingly blatant! Those who are running as delegates need to see this!

FrankieBrown25
03-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Hello everyone, I'm in Athens, GA and don't ya'll worry.... we're fighting this.
This is what we need: Call to action!

Because the meeting was illegally closed and the delegate slate illegally voted on, according to Robert's Rule of Order, we had the right to reconvene the meeting. We did. We voted on and passed our own delegate slate, legally. Everything was done totally by the books. The paperwork has been submitted.

WHAT WE NEED:
Help us put pressure on our state and local GOP! Don't just rant about how pissed off you are, DEMAND that they recognize our legally passed delegate slate, and throw the other slate out!

Contact Info, priority from the highest to lowest:

Sue Everhart's Email: severhart(at)gagop(dot)org

Georgia GOP: info(at)gagop(dot)org

Local Officials:
Chairman: Matt Brewster
chairman(at)athensgop(dot)com

Vice Chair: Karen Schwind
kssch2(at)yahoo(dot)com

2nd Vice Chair: Tim Wright
timwright33(at)hotmail(dot)com

Treasurer: Michelle Burnum
mrbchim(at)aol(dot)com

Secretary: Chelsea Magee
secretary(at)athensgop(dot)com

Tyler_Durden
03-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Hello everyone, I'm in Athens, GA and don't ya'll worry.... we're fighting this.

Because the meeting was illegally closed and the delegate slate illegally voted on, according to Robert's Rule of Order, we had the right to reconvene the meeting. We did. We voted on and passed our own delegate slate, legally. Everything was done totally by the books. The paperwork has been submitted.

WHAT WE NEED:
Help us put pressure on our state and local GOP! Don't just rant about how pissed off you are, DEMAND that they recognize our legally passed delegate slate, and throw the other slate out!

Local Officials:

kssch2(at)yahoo(dot)com

mrbchim(at)aol(dot)com

Frankie Brown! Welcome to Ron Paul Forums. For everyone here on RPF, I can vouch for Frankie. She's on my Facebook page I administer and is a diehard Paul supporter. Please +rep her.

Frankie, come here often. Lots of great info in the Forums. :)

wgadget
03-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks for all the valuable information, Frankie!

I will use it wisely.

:)

PolicyReader
03-15-2012, 08:24 PM

WHAT WE NEED:

Local Officials:

kssch2(at)yahoo(dot)com

mrbchim(at)aol(dot)com

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your work.
To make sure that our support of you has the highest impact can you please give us a method to explicitly define which slate we are referencing to prevent the GOP there from trying to muddy the issue. As soon as I hear back I'll be passing this along to others as well, we'll make sure they know we're watching.

FrankieBrown25
03-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Frankie Brown! Welcome to Ron Paul Forums. For everyone here on RPF, I can vouch for Frankie. She's on my Facebook page I administer and is a diehard Paul supporter. Please +rep her.

Hi! I think I will. I like these people =).
Also,
Georgia Republican Party Headquarters
3110 Maple Drive
Suite 150
Atlanta, GA 30305
Phone: (404) 257-5559
Fax: (404) 257-0779

wgadget
03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
I predict they will soon feel the full wrath of the Ron Paul movement in their in-boxes.

Hehehe..

PolicyReader
03-15-2012, 08:28 PM

Done and done good sir, and Frankie, any friend of Mr. Swann is a friend of mine ;)

FrankieBrown25
03-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the forums and thank you for your work.
To make sure that our support of you has the highest impact can you please give us a method to explicitly define which slate we are referencing to prevent the GOP there from trying to muddy the issue. As soon as I hear back I'll be passing this along to others as well, we'll make sure they know we're watching.

Yes, tell them that the slate passed at the reconvened meeting of Athens-Clarke county which was held on March 11, 2012, is the only legal slate from that county and therefore should be the only slate that qualifies to have its delegates and alternates proceed to the District and State conventions.

PolicyReader
03-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Yes, tell them that the slate passed at the reconvened meeting of Athens-Clarke county which was held on March 11, 2012, is the only legal slate from that county and therefore should be the only slate that qualifies to have its delegates and alternates proceed to the District and State conventions.
Thanks :) it shall be done (I also have some pull with a grassroots site that has a few hundred followers, I'm going to do what I can to get this information put out there as well)

MozoVote
03-15-2012, 08:46 PM
You WILL win this in the end. Even if the state party ignores your delegates and credentials the others, the local cronies have opened a toxic can of stink. They will be routed at the next county election and put to pasture as long as you keep spreading the TRUTH about them.

FrankieBrown25
03-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks :) it shall be done (I also have some pull with a grassroots site that has a few hundred followers, I'm going to do what I can to get this information put out there as well)

Beautiful!

ronpaulfollower999
03-15-2012, 09:11 PM
This crap wouldn't go on if we took over the Indy Party.

But no, too many people want to cozy up to the establishment thinking they are just going to bend over and take it from us.

Wake up! We could be offering the people something real and something big. We will lose against the GOP. It is a failing strategy to work within the GOP system.

Which independent party? You think the media blackout of Ron Paul is bad now? Watch what happens when he's not even part of a major party.