PDA

View Full Version : Marines told to disarm before Panetta speech

Give me liberty
03-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Marines told to disarm before Panetta speech
http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/14/marines-told-to-disarm-before-panetta-speech/?hpt=hp_t3

U.S. Marines waiting for Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to speak at Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan Wednesday were ordered to leave the room and place their weapons outside.

The request, relayed by Sgt. Maj. Brandon Hall, was unusual because it's not customary to disarm for a defense secretary visit, but the Marines did as they were told. About two dozen unarmed Afghan soldiers also were in attendance.

"Somebody got itchy, that's all I've got to say. Somebody got itchy; we just adjust

Well this isn't looking good is it? since when was it did this happen? i guess when Clinton was president when back then that this happened, but this in Afghanistan.

Is quite surprising.

So what you make of this?

Tudo
03-14-2012, 05:17 PM
What to make out of it? Simple, you do what we tell you to do and that's it.

wjh
03-14-2012, 05:33 PM
In Kansas these are "gun free zones". Businesses are allowed to post a "gun buster" sign telling everyone that no one inside is armed. I find it comical that he is now afraid of the military he leads. On second thought, it's kind of sad.

WJH

wrestlingwes_8
03-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Panetta knows he is engaging in open treason now after the Congress hearing the other day. Looks like his is protecting his own ass :D

mport1
03-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Can we just disarm them all the time?

sailingaway
03-14-2012, 05:36 PM
He didn't want to risk their reaction when he said international approval is more important than Congressional approval for when the US Military should invade a country?

matt0611
03-14-2012, 05:38 PM
"Marines, in a tent waiting to acclaim Leon Panetta on his visit to Afghanistan, were ordered to disarm before he would show up. Afghan soldiers have never been allowed to carry weapons on such occasions. Now, like the Soviets at the end of their empire, American officials are afraid that their own troops may take them out."

via Lew Rockwell

Anti Federalist
03-14-2012, 05:41 PM
"Marines, in a tent waiting to acclaim Leon Panetta on his visit to Afghanistan, were ordered to disarm before he would show up. Afghan soldiers have never been allowed to carry weapons on such occasions. Now, like the Soviets at the end of their empire, American officials are afraid that their own troops may take them out."

via Lew Rockwell

And they have the nerve to call us sheep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_mhiRJBcc

Yieu
03-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Panetta knows he is engaging in open treason now after the Congress hearing the other day. Looks like his is protecting his own ass :D

This is my thought, too.

Tyler_Durden
03-14-2012, 05:42 PM
We never disarmed for VIP's when I was in the Corp....

flightlesskiwi
03-14-2012, 05:44 PM

at the risk of sounding disrespectful:

paycheck = obedience.

sorry, ya'll. when the cash flow stops, then... just maybe... maybe....

FrancisMarion
03-14-2012, 05:48 PM
"Gun Control" enforcement for the armed services in a war theater. This boggles me. Not sure what to make of it yet. Has this ever been customary?

PolicyReader
03-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Yep this gets shared

Tudo
03-14-2012, 05:49 PM
May the checks stop immediately then

In Southern, it's y'all btw. :)

heavenlyboy34
03-14-2012, 05:50 PM
And they have the nerve to call us sheep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_mhiRJBcc
Interesting-a guy who follows orders for a living calling other people sheep. ;)

QuickZ06
03-14-2012, 05:51 PM
That General would have looked real stupid if a motor attack happened and they hit the huge pile of weapons they stacked in perfect groups so close together, then having a battalion of unarmed Marines running around.

Like others have said, it seems the elite is having trouble trusting their sheep.

Lisa100
03-14-2012, 05:56 PM
This news story is major, that's all I can say. Spread it to others.

Root
03-14-2012, 05:57 PM
This makes me very uncomfortable.

thoughtomator
03-14-2012, 05:58 PM
maybe my tweeting had a role in getting this story out, I pointed this part out (the disarmed troops) - which was not emphasized in the story at all, but buried many paragraphs deep - when I first read the story, and an hour later it's the featured headline on Drudge and elsewhere

Pericles
03-14-2012, 07:22 PM
"Gun Control" enforcement for the armed services in a war theater. This boggles me. Not sure what to make of it yet. Has this ever been customary?

Frequently in the last 50 years. There were "red block" zones in Vietnam (instead of a magazine in weapons, painted red wood blocks were inserted in the magazine wells, so everyone knew the weapon was safe).

Marenco
03-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Looks like someone is afraid. :rolleyes:

ExPatPaki
03-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Frequently in the last 50 years. There were "red block" zones in Vietnam (instead of a magazine in weapons, painted red wood blocks were inserted in the magazine wells, so everyone knew the weapon was safe).

So the media, as usual, is just being ignorant when they call this move, "highly unusual"?

klamath
03-15-2012, 09:43 AM
It is no secret that the morale and belief in the mission is very low. When that condition exists weaker troops break and breaking when the sec of defence in in the room might not be a good thing for the administration in power.

seraphson
03-15-2012, 10:11 AM
at the risk of sounding disrespectful:

paycheck = obedience.

sorry, ya'll. when the cash flow stops, then... just maybe... maybe....

And therin lies a subtle catch-22. The government will always have the "money" to pay for soldiers. At the rate we're going I think the military will account for half of the jobs out there.

bultza
03-15-2012, 10:16 AM
fragging returns?

Brian4Liberty
03-15-2012, 10:56 AM
"Gun Control" enforcement for the armed services in a war theater.

This is the essence of gun control. The elite want to disarm everyone except for themselves and their own private security. They don't like it, but it is necessary to train and arm some mundanes so that they can "Police" the masses. But in the presence of the elite, even the Police must be disarmed.

Pericles
03-15-2012, 11:16 AM
This is the essence of gun control. The elite want to disarm everyone except for themselves and their own private security. They don't like it, but it is necessary to train and arm some mundanes so that they can "Police" the masses. But in the presence of the elite, even the Police must be disarmed.

That is the message to take away from this.

AFPVet
03-15-2012, 11:31 AM

This!

Athan
03-15-2012, 12:14 PM
...THAT's how you know he made a serious **** up.