PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Army pulls advertising from Limbaugh show

Agorism
03-14-2012, 12:40 PM
U.S. Army pulls advertising from Limbaugh show

link to article (http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/03/14/444327/us-army-pulls-ads-from-rush-limbaughs-show/)

U.S. ARMY PULLS ADS FROM RUSH LIMBAUGH’S SHOW | Responding to mounting pressure from veterans groups, the U.S. Army confirmed that they would be joining at least 140 other advertisers in pulling their support from Rush Limbaugh’s radio show. As ThinkProgress reported on Monday, a memo circulated by Premiere Radio Networks included a list of 141 advertisers that requested their spots be pulled from the show after Limbaugh’s misogynistic tirade. The Army is on that list. While the military is pulling its ads from Limbaugh, Armed Forces Radio continues to air the show. Veterans groups and Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI) are urging the Pentagon to drop Limbaugh.

oyarde
03-15-2012, 12:11 AM
i HAD NO IDEA , they were advertising there , what , they are worried the young fellows in Kandahar have ignorant , commie sisters in law school at Georgetown ? Oh well , good , I would like to see the Army pull ads from Rush and NASCAR and whatever else weirdo shit they have going on .... Last time I listened to the radio when Rush was on , he was bashing that dude Tom Daschle ? Who was born , maybe one year after they quit making wheat pennies out of WW 2 shell casings ( steel , 1943 , I think shell casings , 1944 - 1946 ) . Politician from Dakota , eh , I will guess 1978 - 2004 . Thune beat him out , helluva an improvement , I wonder what took so long ... ?? Tax scafflow and general Scumbag . Glad pompous , fat ass Rush was dogging that dude :) , could really care less what Rush has to say . Go Army , Beat Navy !

oyarde
03-15-2012, 12:15 AM
Think about it.... the Army would be the only sponsor who would not lose business over the affair ....

Pericles
03-15-2012, 08:18 AM
I would guess DACOWITS was behind that. Just mention DACOWITS in the 5 sided rat cage, and watch generals crawl under their desks in fear.

DACOWITS = Department of the Army Committee On Women In The Service