PDA

View Full Version : Add 1-877-RON-PAUL to ALL MARKETING!

MIforRonPaul
11-13-2007, 10:16 PM
I've been in communications now for 7 years. The single most important thing I've ever done is to snag a number...a toll-free number that will help make HIS-STORY!

That number is 1-877-RON-PAUL. That's 1-877-766-7285. I procured it the very day I first learned of Ron Paul back in May. We used it here in MI for awhile until the national campaign requested it in October. I released it to them and now it's being used by the official campaign in a number of ways. I just read a post where someone got a call from Mrs. Paul and at the end she said to call 1-877-RON-PAUL a number of times. That is cool.

Now, the foot soldiers need to incorporate this number in all forms of marketing. Doing a billboard? Use both RP's web address and the 1-877-RON-PAUL number. Add it to all your YOUTUBE projects. Print it on your fliers (and always include the numerical equivalent, 1-877-766-7285).

This is REALLY IMPORTANT! And here's why. First and foremost, it opens up a channel for the older, non-internet supporter to get to the Ron Paul campaign for info, to volunteer, and most importantly to give. And consider this. Many older folks who have a computer will NEVER put thier credit card number online. Being in communications, I know that a toll-free number is supporter-friendly, and it will get used! We just need to get it out there. To the media (it shows that Ron Paul is on top of it being one of the only candidates with their own toll-free number). Spread the word. Make it at least as big as the web address. Let's, as they say in the tabloid media, "take this off the internet and to the phones!".

Any questions? Call me on MY toll-free number. 1-877-777-9909.

Matt Collins
11-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Why don't you fwd it to the campaign HQ?

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 11:07 PM
I've been in communications now for 7 years. The single most important thing I've ever done is to snag a number...a toll-free number that will help make HIS-STORY!

That number is 1-877-RON-PAUL. That's 1-877-766-7285. I procured it the very day I first learned of Ron Paul back in May. We used it here in MI for awhile until the national campaign requested it in October. I released it to them and now it's being used by the official campaign in a number of ways. I just read a post where someone got a call from Mrs. Paul and at the end she said to call 1-877-RON-PAUL a number of times. That is cool.

Now, the foot soldiers need to incorporate this number in all forms of marketing. Doing a billboard? Use both RP's web address and the 1-877-RON-PAUL number. Add it to all your YOUTUBE projects. Print it on your fliers (and always include the numerical equivalent, 1-877-766-7285).

I totally agree. We keep forgetting about all those who either don't have the internet, or won't use it to donate. It is very easy to add a phone number to our materials and we should all try to do it, from here on out.

McDermit
11-13-2007, 11:07 PM
I really wish they'd use 1800ronpaul. MANY people don't realize that 877 is toll free. :rolleyes:

MsDoodahs
11-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Is it answered by a human?

Is it answered 24/7?

Can you call it to donate?

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Is it answered by a human?

Is it answered 24/7?

Can you call it to donate?

I've tested both it and 1-877-RON2008. Both numbers are forwarded to campaign headquarters.

I do not think it is currently answered 24/7, but it should be.

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 11:10 PM
I really wish they'd use 1800ronpaul. MANY people don't realize that 877 is toll free. :rolleyes:

The problem is that this number belongs to his Congressional office in Texas.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-14-2007, 01:49 AM
I have called the offical campaign before and am pretty sure that was NOT the number....

walt
11-14-2007, 02:20 AM
I've tested both it and 1-877-RON2008. Both numbers are forwarded to campaign headquarters.

I do not think it is currently answered 24/7, but it should be.

:rolleyes:

walt
11-14-2007, 02:21 AM
The problem is that this number belongs to his Congressional office in Texas.

then why don't they transfer that?

Flirple
11-14-2007, 02:37 AM
What we really need is a tool free number that simply has a recorded message about Ron Paul on it. I would love to have such a number on a banner so when sign waving or freeway blogging people can immediately whip out their cell phones and learn about Ron Paul instead of counting on them to get home and remember to google him.