PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul at 5% in Iowa in Strategic Vision poll

Micahyah
11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
http://strategicvision.biz/political/iowa_poll_111407.htm

This should put to rest the controversy over the next Iowa debate.

Here's the numbers.

Mitt Romney 30%
Mike Huckabee 19%
Rudy Giuliani 12%
Fred Thompson 11%
John McCain 7%
Ron Paul 5%
Tom Tancredo 2%
Duncan Hunter 1%

And we have MAJOR ROOM TO GROW. Check out this question:

4. Do you favor a withdrawal of all United States military from Iraq within the next six months? (Republicans Only)
Yes 53%
No 36%
Undecided 11%

Yes, over HALF of Republicans support Paul's position on the Iraq war. The campaign needs to jump on this in a big way and he will be skyrocketing past his rivals in Iowa.

Paul4Prez
11-13-2007, 11:52 PM
4. Do you favor a withdrawal of all United States military from Iraq within the next six months? (Republicans Only)
Yes 53%
No 36%
Undecided 11%

Yes, over HALF of Republicans support Paul's position on the Iraq war. The campaign needs to jump on this in a big way and he will be skyrocketing past his rivals in Iowa.

I hope someone in the campaign saw this. They have to stop downplaying his anti-war stance (as they did in the Iowa TV ads back in August, and in the New Hampshire mailers) -- it is what will win him the nomination.

Midnight77
11-13-2007, 11:54 PM
I agree. People are just begging to hear an Anti War Message loud and clear and they aren't getting it from any one of the corrupt Front Runners in either party.

People must hear Ron Paul's Number One position LOUD AND CLEAR in New Hampshire and Iowa. Please HQ. I pray that you are using those Millions of Dollars wisely for this.

xj0hnx
11-14-2007, 02:23 AM
A big problem I see in why even anti-war republicans might not be taking to the message as readily is that it sounds to...simplistic. "Just come home" leaves a lot of questions unanswered. The logistics alone to move an Army from the theatre is mindboogling, not too mention the ones that are actually concerned about the supposed "power vacuum" that some trying to use to justify us staying.

jacmicwag
11-14-2007, 02:35 AM
Yes, the anti-war message is powerful but it can't be perceived as a defeatist, anti-military proposition. Very tricky indeed. Ron has got it right. Hopefully, mainstream America will put on their thinking caps and not fall for Hucks "please elect me" bs.

partypooper
11-14-2007, 05:54 AM
Yes, the anti-war message is powerful but it can't be perceived as a defeatist, anti-military proposition. Very tricky indeed.

i think the campaign needs to stress more that we would be pulling troops from everywhere, not just iraq - and that would give a very different impression to the world than if we pulled them from iraq only. pulling the iraq troops in isolation might look as if we are pulling it because we are 'defeated' - but if we simultaneously pull them out across the globe it gets an entirely different meaning; iraq would become a side-note to a much bigger, earth-shattering event. and the fact that we would pull them out because of our own constitution - and not because of some UN resolution of what have you - would just have their heads spinning.

i think the world would be stunned and, for the most part, totally impressed. if people in the US are skeptical, you should listen to people abroad who have heard of ron paul. nobody thinks we will elect him. if we were to, we would really change the world's history.

ConstitutionGal
11-14-2007, 07:28 AM
you should listen to people abroad who have heard of ron paul. nobody thinks we will elect him.

Of course, they're judging us on the last 5 elections and that was before the rEVOLution!!! Hopefully, we are on our way to proving them wrong and ending the empire!

Bigboyen
11-14-2007, 07:35 AM
I don't think the campaign should focus too much on anti war; they need to focus on him as electable. If voters only see him as a protest candidate conservatives won't vote for him. And his anti war stand will anyway be the first thing a voter will see when they get familiar with Paul since it's such a big issue and he is the only republican that want the troops home.

Bradley in DC
11-14-2007, 10:22 AM
I hope someone in the campaign saw this. They have to stop downplaying his anti-war stance (as they did in the Iowa TV ads back in August, and in the New Hampshire mailers) -- it is what will win him the nomination.

This poll shows that IOWA Republicans oppose the war--as they have in every poll I've seen this year. NATIONWIDE most Republican support the war. Besides, Dr. Paul is not a single issue candidate.

Those voters most likely to base their decision on the war are with us--we need to appeal to the other two-thirds of the Republicans on their issues.