PDA

View Full Version : You people amaze me.

RonPaulFever
11-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Really. The level of trust, mutual respect, and unflinching dedication is so inspiring. Chipins to buy advertising, campaign materials, PLACEMATS even? For God's sake, WHO ELSE DOES THAT BUT US? Regular folks taking out ads in USA Today. Hanging banners, passing out slim jims, DVD's, liberty cards, flyers. Marching in parades. Telling everyone you meet about Ron Paul. Paying his entry fees for the primaries. The endless stream of YouTubes. MILLIONS IN DONATIONS. Did I forget anything? I'm sure I did. :)

Ron Paul supporters rock. I am so glad to be a part of this!

austin356
11-13-2007, 09:46 PM
x2

Wyurm
11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
I keep amazing myself. I've never been so dedicated to anything in my life. It's like Dr. Paul says, it's not really his revolution, its ours. He is just the one that gave us direction. A true leader never tells people what to do, rather, they just start doing what has to be done and everyone else pitches in behind them. Dr. Paul is a true leader.

Indy Vidual
11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Really. The level of trust, mutual respect, and unflinching dedication is so inspiring. Chipins to buy advertising, campaign materials, PLACEMATS even? For God's sake, WHO ELSE DOES THAT BUT US? Regular folks taking out ads in USA Today. Hanging banners, passing out slim jims, DVD's, liberty cards, flyers. Marching in parades. Telling everyone you meet about Ron Paul. Paying his entry fees for the primaries. The endless stream of YouTubes. MILLIONS IN DONATIONS. Did I forget anything? I'm sure I did. :)

Thank you for an extremely positive post :)

slantedview
11-13-2007, 09:48 PM
cheers all.

JoshLowry
11-13-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm glad I didn't make any promises to get a tattoo on my back if Ron Paul wins the election.

navi
11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Here here *beer chug*

wfd40
11-13-2007, 09:50 PM
::high fives everyone::

:)

Wyurm
11-13-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm glad I didn't make any promises to get a tattoo on my back if Ron Paul wins the election.

We have alot of promises to hold people to when this is over. Stephanopholous owes RP whatever is in his pocket. That guy has to get the tattoo of RP on his back, and I'm sure there are many more.

FluffyUnbound
I realized earlier today that even though I visit this forum 50 times a day and read most threads, I could no longer list for you every individual radio, television, and print advertising initiative being undertaken by the grassroots with no direction from the campaign.

There's just too many to know now. How many radio ads are being produced? Damned if I know. How many print ads have been run? Lost count. I think that all the "private" TV is being done in NH and IA, but who knows, maybe those crazy California people or Arizona people have their own ads now. Heck, the Arizona people may have their own satellite by now for all I know.

It's not even amazing any more. It's ludicrously amazing.

speciallyblend
Safety Break;)

Benaiah
I agree. We get a lot done and for the amount of people there are, there really isn't that much bickering.

If we were married, we'd be that couple that is inlove and occasionally argues over meaningless crap. Not the couple where the husband is beating the wife.

werdd
11-13-2007, 09:52 PM

thumbs up

Bryan
11-13-2007, 09:52 PM

You can't change the deal now!!! :p:D

Steve4RP
11-13-2007, 09:54 PM
...don't forget our stunning good looks and sparkling personalities! :)

Wyurm
11-13-2007, 09:55 PM
You can't change the deal now!!! :p:D

Wait, that was Josh?!?!?

Original_Intent
11-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Llepard is not "regular folks" after today, I am building a shrine with burning incense dedicated to him in my foyer.

OK, not, but if I believed in demi-gods, he would be one in my book.

torchbearer
11-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Llepard is not "regular folks" after today, I am building a shrine with burning incense dedicated to him in my foyer.

OK, not, but if I believed in demi-gods, he would be one in my book.

Patron Saint Lepard.

klamath
Great post. So true!

ShowMeLiberty
Sing it with me now - "I'd like to teach the world to sing / in perfect harmony..." :)

JoshLowry
Wait, that was Josh?!?!?

Haha, luckily no. I'm not sure who that was, but I bet he has gone into hiding.

parke

so you did get that tattoo after all?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/sidrosteele/hardcorepatriot.jpg

slantedview
11-13-2007, 09:58 PM
We have alot of promises to hold people to when this is over. Stephanopholous owes RP whatever is in his pocket. That guy has to get the tattoo of RP on his back, and I'm sure there are many more.
Hannity needs to figure out how to make pigs fly :)

American
11-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Excellent post, I am very impressed with the cooperation of everyone but especially the younger folks here.

and yes, llepard has gone the extra mile with his efforts.

deedles
11-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Here is an excerpt from an email sent to our meetup group tonight:
"I was talking to one of my old girlfriends that I have not spoken with for a while, she told me how on Saturday she and her boyfried were on hy41 in Appleton. She said there were people holding up Ron Paul signs. She said they honked and waved and her boyfriend commented that "That is toal grassroots. Just look at those people up there. That guy is going to get my vote, he has to be good if people are willing to do that." I told here that was me, and I told her where to go for more info. It just goes to show that it does reach people."

jenius
11-13-2007, 10:03 PM
At this point, the only thing I'm worried about is Ron Paul being OVEREXPOSED, if that's even possible. The size of this grassroots campaign is expanding at such an exponential rate that the ENTIRE country will have heard of Ron Paul within the next few weeks. Soon, we'll have to get ready for phase 2: getting people, once they all know about Ron Paul, to stop fearing change.

Truly, though, it is amazing...

Dequeant
11-13-2007, 10:04 PM

I'm seriously considering this.

DahuiHeeNalu
11-13-2007, 10:04 PM
We all are like Family i love FREEDOM and i can't wait to be a proud American again!!!

DXDoug
11-13-2007, 10:18 PM
It IS amazing but we are all great people just like ron paul :D How can you not love us :p

chrismatthews
11-13-2007, 10:22 PM
I realized earlier today that even though I visit this forum 50 times a day and read most threads, I could no longer list for you every individual radio, television, and print advertising initiative being undertaken by the grassroots with no direction from the campaign.

There's just too many to know now. How many radio ads are being produced? Damned if I know. How many print ads have been run? Lost count. I think that all the "private" TV is being done in NH and IA, but who knows, maybe those crazy California people or Arizona people have their own ads now. Heck, the Arizona people may have their own satellite by now for all I know.

It's not even amazing any more. It's ludicrously amazing.

I used to scour the web by doing google news searches for Ron Paul and make a job of correcting faulty imformation and sending email's to higher profile authors that wrote about Dr. Paul, trying to lend some perspective, and trying to effect a positive spin and good feedback.

Now that's impossible, I'd need 48 hours to manage a 24 hour news cycle.

mmarcman22
11-13-2007, 10:27 PM
I am broke but I can offer up prayers for a successful campaign and for the protection of everyone involved. I hope everyone can offer up prayers for everyone.

Marceline88
11-13-2007, 10:38 PM
We should all like....go to DisneyWorld together or something.

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 10:49 PM
We should all like....go to DisneyWorld together or something.

Remember. We have Ron Paul's inauguration. Now THAT will go down in history as the single biggest party this country has ever seen. :D

torchbearer
11-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Remember. We have Ron Paul's inauguration. Now THAT will go down in history as the single biggest party this country has ever seen. :D

A New INDEPENDENCE DAY!

nullvalu
11-13-2007, 11:04 PM
RPF Crew FTW! :D

me3
11-13-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm seriously considering this.
I think a nice script tattoo of "For Liberty" which is what Dr. Paul wrote when he signed up in NH would be a great lasting reminder.

I used to scour the web by doing google news searches for Ron Paul and make a job of correcting faulty imformation and sending email's to higher profile authors that wrote about Dr. Paul, trying to lend some perspective, and trying to effect a positive spin and good feedback.

Now that's impossible, I'd need 48 hours to manage a 24 hour news cycle.
Chris, can't you just get your assistant producer to condense this into some cheat sheets for you? Hardball isn't exactly a full time gig. ;) :p

ConstitutionGal
11-13-2007, 11:05 PM

I think everyone who posts here, at DailyPaul and who has made postive YouTubes, waved signs, knocked on doors and worn Ron Paul apparel should get invited to the inauguration!! We could ROCK D.C. and usher in the next era of freedom!!! - you kinow, the folks who were on the bandwagon BEFORE Ron Paul 'caught on'...:D

me3
11-13-2007, 11:13 PM
This experience has changed me completely and profoundly. I always had compatible values with the movement, but I never felt empowered to act on them. I never felt so interested in spreading a message or digging deeper into history and economic theory.

It's like that quote about the brush fires. One has been lit in me.

Mark Rushmore
11-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Seriously, the difference between feeling like you're "one in a thousand" and realizing you're actually "seven in one hundred" is profound. And I don't mean that lightly.

torchbearer
11-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Seriously, the difference between feeling like you're "one in a thousand" and realizing you're actually "seven in one hundred" is profound. And I don't mean that lightly.

That is the difference the internet and web 2.0 has made... it brings like people together easy...now we know, we aren't alone in this... we've got 50,000 people at our back....

chrismatthews
11-14-2007, 01:23 AM
I think a nice script tattoo of "For Liberty" which is what Dr. Paul wrote when he signed up in NH would be a great lasting reminder.

Chris, can't you just get your assistant producer to condense this into some cheat sheets for you? Hardball isn't exactly a full time gig. ;) :p

hehe, an unfortunate coincidence. I'm an economist, not a talk show host.

koob
11-14-2007, 01:43 AM
I've been following the ron paul campaign for several months now and what amazes me is seeing the grassroots in action forcing the mainstream media to take notice. And for me to even have the smallest part in that feels great. I mean, until this I just watch CNN like any average person. I could never imagine impacting what they show. To be apart of this kind of movement is amazing.

blamx8
11-14-2007, 01:53 AM
This is an amazing experience. It builds my faith in humanity. Everyone here is so different but we all want the same thing and give from our selves to get it. Liberty is popular. What a feel good thread. :D

Benaiah
11-14-2007, 02:16 AM
//

maxmerkel
11-14-2007, 02:46 AM
exactly, tony blair, the former british premier minister, said just before he quit his job this year, that the next thing would be to control the internet because there a lot of stupid theories out there that distract people and are dangerous for the government if people actually believe them....
i really think this is the last chance.

I agree Koob and Blamx..... this is awesome. I'm considering not taking classes next semester so that I can devote even more time to this. I really do believe that this is the last chance we have. They won't want this to happen again. I think they will try to control the Internet because of this.

syborius
11-14-2007, 04:01 AM
I agree. We get a lot done and for the amount of people there are, there really isn't that much bickering.

If we were married, we'd be that couple that is inlove and occasionally argues over meaningless crap. Not the couple where the husband is beating the wife.

yeah, thats probably the giuliani campaign

troyd1
11-14-2007, 05:12 AM
Originally Posted by Benaiah View Post

This is definitely Hillary and her campaign, staffers, media ........