PDA

View Full Version : RCP leaves Ron Paul counties BLANK on their map

pauliticalfan
03-13-2012, 02:56 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/03/13/the_slog_to_1144__so_far_stability_trumps_momentum _113460.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/the-2012-republican-presidential-race--in-one-map/2012/03/13/gIQAzMB09R_blog.html

Give these assholes a piece of your mind. The Fix douchebag Chris Cillizza used the map as well.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/images/wysiwyg_images/maps1.gif

Turns out we're dealing with a white out, not a black out.

Because counties Ron Paul won are equivalent to counties that haven't even voted yet. :rolleyes:

PolicyReader
03-13-2012, 02:58 PM
wow, so there's a new level of awesome from the corporate press

Sola_Fide
Real Clear Propaganda?

BUSHLIED
Yep, they have always done that...deceptive since the States that haven't voted yet are also white.

You could email them to say make them GOLD!

webmaster@realclearpolitics.com

Article V
03-13-2012, 03:01 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/images/wysiwyg_images/maps1.gifI kind of enjoy the idea of Ron Paul winning everything on that map that's white. ;)

...But on a serious note, you're right. This is outrageous and needs to be addressed.

ichirix
03-13-2012, 03:04 PM
In all fairness, the counties that have yet to vote have a more grey color than the Ron's white counties.

But any other color would have definitely been infinitely better than white.

JohnM
03-13-2012, 03:10 PM
In all fairness, the counties that have yet to vote have a more grey color than the Ron's white counties.

Correct. Good observation.

But any other color would have definitely been infinitely better than white.

On the contrary, white is the color that symbolizes purity, the lack of pollution / corruption.

Let us be steadfast in support of the candidate who is pure as the driven snow. Long live the rEVOLution!

(The choice of color for Gingrich was apparently chosen to reflect Isaiah 1:18)

helmuth_hubener
03-13-2012, 03:11 PM
My county is colored green for Santorum, but really should be (whatever color) for Ron Paul. In Wyoming they filled them in based on the straw poll results, wheras the right way to do it would be to fill them in based on who won the delegate at the county conventions. Ron Paul won 5 county conventions, just as he won 5 counties' precinct caucus straw polls, but it's a different 5 counties. I want to see this corrected! Ron Paul won Campbell County, Wyoming!

specsaregood
03-13-2012, 03:13 PM
At somepoint you gotta realize they are just trolling us all.

TheGrinch
03-13-2012, 03:13 PM
I don't see what the problem is. We're growing mroe than we thought if all that white represents us :D

helmuth_hubener
03-13-2012, 03:30 PM
In all fairness, the counties that have yet to vote have a more grey color than the Ron's white counties. No, they are obviously exactly the same.

jeremiahj13
03-13-2012, 03:36 PM
On the contrary, white is the color that symbolizes purity, the lack of pollution or corruption.

Let us be steadfast in support of the candidate who is pure as the driven snow. Long live the rEVOLution!

(The choice of color for Gingrich was apparently chosen to reflect Isaiah 1:18)

That's because he is an adulterer! :D

jeremiahj13
03-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Fixed it:

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n402/jeremyj13/map.gif

helmuth_hubener
03-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Actually, Ron won 6 counties' straw polls in Wyoming: he won in Crook County, too (the far north-east county). So even if you're going by straw poll it's wrong. Although that one's not RCP's fault: it's the fraudulent the Republican Party.

specsaregood
03-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Fixed it:

Meh, yellow is the wrong color. But i'm not sure what color awesome is.

giovannile07
03-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Yeah, Ron Paul has won everything in white! :D

rb3b3
03-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Wow amazing how much better it looks in yellow!! What scum!!!!!!! Question, doesn't rcp do many many polls??? Or am I confusing that with someone else? I know ppp is out there but I thought rcp was too?

Ivash
03-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Wow amazing how much better it looks in yellow!! What scum!!!!!!! Question, doesn't rcp do many many polls??? Or am I confusing that with someone else? I know ppp is out there but I thought rcp was too?

Nah, RCP takes polling data from other sources, puts them in one place, and averages them. It also collects articles from many different places and puts it on one site. It's one of the better political websites out there.

Johncjackson
03-13-2012, 04:46 PM
In the OP it appears that Ron Paul IS white, and the counties that havent voted are clear, but appear white due to a ( most common, of course) white background. On this forum it looks "cream".

CBC4L
03-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Funny, Romney won my county, but it's showing as RP won it :)

Okie RP fan
03-13-2012, 05:09 PM
LOL!

Keep that specific picture for more evidence of media bias.

hb6102
03-13-2012, 06:11 PM
white = constitutional purity

AlexG
03-13-2012, 06:16 PM
you guys are something else

AmericasLastHope
03-13-2012, 06:21 PM
So, not only are Ron Paul's counties blank, but he won Nez Perce County and Latah County Idaho, but they're showing Romney won?! WTF!

Warmon
03-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Meh, yellow is the wrong color. But i'm not sure what color awesome is.

Yellow is the color of high intelligence. It's perfect!

helmuth_hubener
03-13-2012, 07:44 PM
In the OP it appears that Ron Paul IS white, and the counties that havent voted are clear, but appear white due to a ( most common, of course) white background. On this forum it looks "cream". Ahh! Good observational skills. I stand corrected. Interesting that he would choose white. I guess it does go along with the theme of his article, which is that he can predict the percentage of the "non-Paul" vote going to Romney with impressive accuracy using his demographic formula.

AmericasLastHope
03-13-2012, 09:55 PM
So, not only are Ron Paul's counties blank, but he won Nez Perce County and Latah County Idaho, but they're showing Romney won?! WTF!

I just realized they're also showing Romney won Idaho County. Anyone else notice any other counties they're lying about?!

TheGrinch
03-13-2012, 10:37 PM
//

Titus
03-13-2012, 10:51 PM
The color thing looks to be poor judgment. I can tell which counties are RP counties and which are counties which had not voted. Still it is poor judgment.

TheGrinch
03-13-2012, 11:07 PM
The color thing looks to be poor judgment. I can tell which counties are RP counties and which are counties which had not voted. Still it is poor judgment.
And you don't think it's odd that all of these "poor judgements" and convenient exclusions from poll graphics are happening, when they're paid to do this for a living? Call me skeptic, but I have a hard time believing these things are accidents, when they always happen to the marginalization of Dr. Paul. You never see stuff like this for the other candidates. You always see it for Dr. Paul. Certainly no coincidence.

RonRules
03-13-2012, 11:08 PM
When Ron was favored to win Alaska Dick Gregory (CNN) avoided talking about it and showed the state of Alaska a very light pink, just enough discernable from white.

These games are getting pretty childish.

Eventually one of these reporters will come out clean and have a lot to say. It will be after the elections and it won't be televised.

TheTexan
03-13-2012, 11:11 PM

I do not agree with this statement, as it was obviously not accidental

Mani
03-13-2012, 11:16 PM
The Washington Post article doesn't show a legend to let you know Ron Paul is in white, in fact the entire article doesn't mention Ron Paul, but it mentions the other 3 candidates and it mentions their names and colors.

That pisses me off. When I look at that article by itself, it looks to me RP doesn't EXIST. Or he has not won a SINGLE county so it's not worth mentioning him.

Justinfrom1776
03-13-2012, 11:16 PM
What they're saying to you is that they don't want your vote in November.. I'll be more than happy to oblige them.. This is the line I'm using on all neoconservative, warpig, Paul haters from here on out.