PDA

View Full Version : Dealing With Enemies

Anonymous
11-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Let's take the Love from Revolution, and give it to our enemies.

Recently Wonkette and Redstate have "declared war" on us.

Philosophically this means they don't understand us, feel threatened by us, and are scared.

The easiest thing you can do to stop these feelings is turn them into anger, and an enemy.

So

We need to try and understand their feelings and try our best to explain our logic, and our ways. If they understand us they cannot hate us.

We need to start talking to these people diplomatically, and show them war is not the answer.

We need people to stop extolling Paul to our enemies, but try and comfort their fears.

We must make our strongest allies out of our enemies.

Mark Rushmore
11-13-2007, 09:43 PM
If some gifted individual could pen "An Open Letter to the War Party" that laid out exactly why many people feel Ron Paul offers us the best hope for national security, it might go far. As I was walking down the streets of Philly with a "RON PAUL * PEACE NOW" sign I actually had one mid-to-late 20's, perfectly fit looking individual slow down to yell at me, "ARE YOU CRAZY!? HE'LL GET US ALL KILLED!@#". Up till that very moment I had failed to understand just how honestly fear-driven some folks are, and for that reason I could not see why they would look up to a Rudy character.

But now that I smell their cowardice and confusion, it seems worthwhile to try and comfort them intelligently.

MS0453
11-13-2007, 09:46 PM
If some gifted individual could pen "An Open Letter to the War Party" that laid out exactly why many people feel Ron Paul offers us the best hope for national security, it might go far. As I was walking down the streets of Philly with a "RON PAUL * PEACE NOW" sign I actually had one mid-to-late 20's, perfectly fit looking individual slow down to yell at me, "ARE YOU CRAZY!? HE'LL GET US ALL KILLED!@#". Up till that very moment I had failed to understand just how honestly fear-driven some folks are, and for that reason I could not see why they would look up to a Rudy character.

But now that I smell their cowardice and confusion, it seems worthwhile to try and comfort them intelligently.

Yeah, but Wonkette has nothing to do with fear. They're just a bunch of liberal hipsters. The fools think they're being witty.

Mark Rushmore
11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah, but Wonkette has nothing to do with fear. They're just a bunch of liberal hipsters. The fools think they're being witty.

I guess I was responding more to RedState, never bothered to read Wonkette.

schmeisser
11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Open Letter to the Warmongers:

Let us consult our congress and see if they wish to properly declare war against you in defense of the Ron Paul Nation. If they so choose and properly ratify such action, you will be the first to know the wrath of a moral nation when provoked. ;)

If you could YouTube some WMD's, it might speed the process along a bit. Thanks for your patience. :D

LinearChaos
11-13-2007, 09:50 PM
never bothered to read Wonkette.
don't

I say ignore them and let them flounder. They aren't worth the bandwidth. Both sites traffic has tanked recently and they will be irrelevant once Paul starts cleaning house in the primaries anyway.

MS0453
11-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Open Letter to the Warmongers:

Let us consult our congress and see if they wish to properly declare war against you in defense of the Ron Paul Nation. If they so choose and properly ratify such action, you will be the first to know the wrath of a moral nation when provoked. ;)

If you could YouTube some WMD's, it might speed the process along a bit. Thanks for your patience. :D

They should probably be worried. The US Congress never declares war.

don't

I say ignore them and let them flounder. They aren't worth the bandwidth. Both sites traffic has tanked recently and they will be irrelevant once Paul starts cleaning house in the primaries anyway.

Agreed. They're nobodies.

Anonymous
11-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey,

I've made this (http://ronpauldiplomacy.pbwiki.com/FrontPage) wiki so we can begin to work on this. The password is 'love' (without quotes).

I would work on this more tonight, but I'm dead tired, I'll put content in tomorrow.

Visual
11-13-2007, 10:18 PM
As posted in any topic that talks about people that hate us:

"Always remember, others may hate you. But those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."
- Richard M. Nixon

Visual
11-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Hey,

I've made this (http://ronpauldiplomacy.pbwiki.com/FrontPage) wiki so we can begin to work on this. The password is 'love' (without quotes).

I would work on this more tonight, but I'm dead tired, I'll put content in tomorrow.

You are posting a password on a forum that is viewed by thousands daily? Seriously...

Anonymous
11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
You are posting a password on a forum that is viewed by thousands daily? Seriously...

Well I was going to make it open, but that was a 'extra' you had to pay for.

Besides, in case of Vandalism there is always a change log.

I think people are basically good, even over the internet.

Visual
11-13-2007, 10:28 PM
I think people are basically good, even over the internet.

I think we disagree on that one. Especially on the internet.