PDA

View Full Version : Between a rock and a hard place

Sematary
03-13-2012, 06:50 AM
TALK ABOUT BEING BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE. Obama, by far, has been far worse for our civil rights and the rule of law than any presidency in my memory. As if it weren’t bad enough that he signed the NDAA, which effectively gives the president the unprecedented power to have the military arrest and detain even American Civilians if he so chooses (or if some future president chooses) without so much as a trial to give the poor soul an attempt at proving his/her innocence. He has also taken it upon himself to set a precedent whereby he can have a (suspected) terrorist eradicated by the military at his sole discretion. As if THAT weren’t bad enough (and it is), he is about to sign into law a direct assault on our first amendment right to assembly and to have a redress of our grievances by signing an onerous act passed by both the Senate and the House, which will make it a FELONY for an American Citizen to protest anywhere NEAR the president or any official who happens to have secret service protection.

http://bradtilf.wordpress.com/2012/03/13/between-the-proverbial-rock-and-a-hard-place-10/

pcosmar
03-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Yeah,, and all the folks that have been consistently warning about this shit for 50 years or more have all been dumb redneck hillbilly Conspiracy theorists.

Perhaps it is time to listen to them, get a rifle and some range time.

Working Poor
03-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Ya'll need to look at who is writing these laws and who benefits. I think McCain and many top republicans are involved don't throw it all on Obama he is just going with the flow.

otherone
03-13-2012, 09:26 AM
The ONLY dispute that I see between the GOP and the Dems is over how much to tax the wealthy. Neocons, (who evolved from liberals) and democrats are essentially one party. Both believe in a slave state hostile to the individual.