PDA

View Full Version : IMUA RON PAUL!!!

bunklocoempire
03-13-2012, 01:32 AM
I was instructed to bring three voters with me. I've got five for sure and possibly seven on the Big Island.

I've got two for sure and possibly six on Maui.

I'll be making personal calls to the "?'s" on Maui, and face to faces to the Big Island "?'s" tomorrow.

And on a side note, after four freakin' years I've just turned one from Oregon who in turn wants to turn his wife. He's convinced Paul was his idea all along! No matter, we'll take it! lol! :D

Thank you everyone for your hard work and kokua!

IMUA Ron Paul!!
IMUA Ron Paul!!
IMUA Ron Paul!!

What have we got Hawaii? Please share your voter count!

PolicyReader
03-13-2012, 01:34 AM
I was instructed to bring three voters with me. I've got five for sure and possibly seven on the Big Island.

I've got two for sure and possibly six on Maui.

I'll be making personal calls to the "?'s" on Maui, and face to faces to the Big Island "?'s" tomorrow.

And on a side note, after after four freakin' years I've just turned one from Oregon who in turn wants to turn his wife. He's convinced Paul was his idea all along! No matter, we'll take it! lol! :D

Thank you everyone for your hard work and kokua!

IMUA Ron Paul!!
IMUA Ron Paul!!
IMUA Ron Paul!!

What have we got Hawaii? Please share your voter count!

+rep :D

ronpaulhawaii
03-13-2012, 01:41 AM
After you vote go, drive around the neighborhood and look for likely suspects...

"Hey braddahs, whatchu tink of da kine Ron Paul? Oh! shootz, voting is right now, jump in, I'll cruise you down and back in a few shakes... "

:D

Go get em!

Crystallas
03-13-2012, 01:46 AM
Local kine Pauling. Aww yeah.

joshnorris14
03-13-2012, 01:50 AM
I will fly out to Hawaii and hug you if we win.

DannydeGracia2
03-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Local kine Pauling. Aww yeah.

Lol you have to translate into Mainland English to the non-Hawaii residents what Imua means. We know what it means but they don't lol

cachemaster
03-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Mahalo! Keep up the good work!

PauliticsPolitics
03-13-2012, 02:07 AM
Lol you have to translate into Mainland English to the non-Hawaii residents what Imua means. We know what it means but they don't lol
Oh we know what it means!!1!!

bunklocoempire
03-13-2012, 02:13 AM
After you vote go, drive around the neighborhood and look for likely suspects...

"Hey braddahs, whatchu tink of da kine Ron Paul? Oh! shootz, voting is right now, jump in, I'll cruise you down and back in a few shakes... "

:D

Go get em!

We goin' geev 'em!!

And for the true aloha practitioners who support Ron Paul and Liberty elsewhere:

FORWARD Ron Paul!!!
FORWARD Ron Paul!!!
FORWARD Ron Paul!!!

Aloha is NOT coercion. You folks have more aloha than you'll ever know.:)

bunklocoempire
03-13-2012, 02:39 AM
DannydeGracia2 had some great insight into transportation challenges common throughout the state over in his thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?366815-Last-minute-info-on-tomorrow-s-Hawaii-caucus-and-Ron-Paul

I may be able to help on the Big Island from Hilo to Mt. View side if anyone hears of any need.

I've got several voters to deliver between 6-8 p.m. to HD5 pcts 5-1, 5-2, 5-3 (Mt View, Glenwood, Volcano) New Hope Volcano, 11-3019A Volcano Rd, Volcano, HI

PM me with details of any needs, I'll be checking for messages off and on up until roll time.

afwjam is also on Hilo side and may be able to help.

jeremiahj13
03-13-2012, 02:53 AM
What's IMUA stand for? xD

PolicyReader
03-13-2012, 02:56 AM
I know we have some out of state (not that I'm in state ;) ) supporters who have been calling into HI, if you cats have voters that need help or an extra nudge this is the thread to speak up in (or you know PMs ;) ). Let's make this happen folks.

And I'll say it again, a big Thank You to the Hawaii grassroots :cool:

CHOCOLATEsteven
03-13-2012, 03:33 AM
(= it stands for forward, first, or foremost.

He koho no Liberty!
He koho no Freedom!
He koho no Ron Paul!
meaning,
A vote of confidence in honor of Liberty, Freedom, and Ron Paul!!!!

bunklocoempire
03-13-2012, 03:55 AM

It's been nicely explained, but I have great reason to further explain.;)

In context:

At our son's canoe races watching from the beach, bunklocoempire yells IMUA! and my wife answers yelling Hawaiian! (our Maui ohana's canoe club)

IMUA!
Hawaiian!
IMUA!
Hawaiian!

Go forward Hawaiian Canoe Club paddlers! Press on!

Here's a recent one of our son as steersman on the first leg of 2012 Olamau last Thursday. Hawaiian Canoe Club sixth overall. We're WAY proud of the kid AND his wife, and proud of our other son as well! :D

http://s6.postimage.org/sn8r6dsvl/Keku.jpg

Tinnuhana
03-13-2012, 04:23 AM
So, like "Gambatte!"
Made some calls this morning (we're 19 hours ahead of Hawai'i) left messages, one "undecided" and one wrong number. Tried calling during lunch but the O Club server blocks my Magic Jack. Then I got home, and Phoebe had one paw stuck through her collar and it took me a half hour to corner her and fix it.
Anyway, what does the time frame look like tomorrow. I could get up at 4am again and start calling.But I need info to give, like time of voting, etc. PfH is pretty basic. I didn't know if I was supposed to try to convince the one guy I contacted or just register that he was undecided.
It's 1920 here now, so that's 0020 in Hawai'i.
Hope things are looking good on the ground there. Did anybody go proselytize for Paul at BYU-HI Monday? Anyone hit up the Okinawan community for support? You can browse uchinanchu hawaii and get some contacts. There's some article about a former beauty pageant winner whose ancestors (5 gens back) came from Okinawa.

PolicyReader
03-13-2012, 04:43 AM
So, like "Gambatte!"
Made some calls this morning (we're 19 hours ahead of Hawai'i) left messages, one "undecided" and one wrong number. Tried calling during lunch but the O Club server blocks my Magic Jack. Then I got home, and Phoebe had one paw stuck through her collar and it took me a half hour to corner her and fix it.
Anyway, what does the time frame look like tomorrow. I could get up at 4am again and start calling.But I need info to give, like time of voting, etc. PfH is pretty basic. I didn't know if I was supposed to try to convince the one guy I contacted or just register that he was undecided.
It's 1920 here now, so that's 0020 in Hawai'i.
Hope things are looking good on the ground there. Did anybody go proselytize for Paul at BYU-HI Monday? Anyone hit up the Okinawan community for support? You can browse uchinanchu hawaii and get some contacts. There's some article about a former beauty pageant winner whose ancestors (5 gens back) came from Okinawa.

The voting will occur on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 from 6PM to 8PM.
http://www.gophawaii.com/2012-presidential-caucus/ <-- Link in case you need better details than the quoted :) (I'm in insomnia mode so I'm likely to miss bits :o )

No1butPaul
03-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Thank you for this. Your energy is awesome! I've vowed to move to the first state where Dr. Paul wins -- if it is Hawaii, so be it! :cool:

sailingaway
03-13-2012, 11:21 AM
It's been nicely explained, but I have great reason to further explain.;)

In context:

At our son's canoe races watching from the beach, bunklocoempire yells IMUA! and my wife answers yelling Hawaiian! (our Maui ohana's canoe club)

IMUA!
Hawaiian!
IMUA!
Hawaiian!

Go forward Hawaiian Canoe Club paddlers! Press on!

Here's a recent one of our son as steersman on the first leg of 2012 Olamau last Thursday. Hawaiian Canoe Club sixth overall. We're WAY proud of the kid AND his wife, and proud of our other son as well! :D

http://s6.postimage.org/sn8r6dsvl/Keku.jpg

I am turning this into a front page post!!

Mahalo!

helmuth_hubener
03-13-2012, 07:38 PM
So what's the word on the ground, Hawaii? What's she looking like?

Here's some nice Hawaiian music to listen to while we wait for news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98e7A1XdkxM

PolicyReader
03-13-2012, 08:06 PM
If the pictures and music keep up in this thread I may have to do two things
1)subscribe to the thread
2)admit to an increased desire to live in Hawaii :cool:

sailingaway
03-13-2012, 08:07 PM
So what's the word on the ground, Hawaii? What's she looking like?

Here's some nice Hawaiian music to listen to while we wait for news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98e7A1XdkxM

that Danny guy who was tweeting is on the North Shore (Oahu) and says Romney is going to win there. Since that is where the Polynesian Cultural center, staffed by scholorship students at Brigham Young University in HI are, that doesn't shock me, but does disappoint me. I'm hoping that Ronnie went to Waikiki for a reason (it completely baffled me) and expects Dem / Indie cross over votes there and Honolulu (where the Navy base is) etc.

We'll see.

afwjam
03-13-2012, 08:18 PM
I think things will turn out pono where Im at in Puna Makai. Feel free to join our Facebook group for the big island www.facebook.com/bigislandforronpaul
Aloha
http://i.imgur.com/FZiB5.jpg
Rainbow

sailingaway
03-13-2012, 08:20 PM
I think things will turn out pono where Im at in Puna Makai. Feel free to join our Facebook group for the big island www.facebook.com/bigislandforronpaul
Aloha
http://i.imgur.com/FZiB5.jpg
Rainbow
+ rep! And liked your facebook page...

helmuth_hubener
03-13-2012, 08:42 PM
That's bad about Hauula/BYU-Hawaii area. Lots of Mormons all over the state. If they're still liking Romney, and getting out there to vote, we're toast.

Hawaii Mormons are different than Utah Mormons, though. Most of them are Democrats, for one thing (most of everyone in Hawaii are Democrats!). We'll have to see what happens. Honolulu will be the key, unless there's some real weird turn-out patterns. The population there completely dominates and overpowers the rest of the state. So on the one hand, don't worry because the North Shore's population is nothing. But on the other hand, there's a lot of us Mormons in Honolulu, too.

helmuth_hubener
03-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Hey, a Ron Paul Tsunami is coming, Hawaii! Let's pray it turns out to be bigger than the dud of a tsunami this song is making fun of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snjlk0iPhDY

sailingaway
03-13-2012, 09:04 PM
That's bad about Hauula/BYU-Hawaii area. Lots of Mormons all over the state. If they're still liking Romney, and getting out there to vote, we're toast.

Hawaii Mormons are different than Utah Mormons, though. Most of them are Democrats, for one thing (most of everyone in Hawaii are Democrats!). We'll have to see what happens. Honolulu will be the key, unless there's some real weird turn-out patterns. The population there completely dominates and overpowers the rest of the state. So on the one hand, don't worry because the North Shore's population is nothing. But on the other hand, there's a lot of us Mormons in Honolulu, too.

I don't know that all Mormans would vote for the same person, but BYU seems to like Romney, and seems to facilitate people voting for Romney, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were transportation arranged for students.

helmuth_hubener
03-13-2012, 09:45 PM
I don't know that all Mormans would vote for the same person. Yeah, it's just kind of a bad omen.

So here's a Frank DeLima song with a libertarian ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJTleyfrsOM

And then he told them, to pay taxes,
And they ate him, with poi and rice!

sailingaway
03-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Yeah, it's just kind of a bad omen.

So here's a Frank DeLima song with a libertarian ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJTleyfrsOM

And then he told them, to pay taxes,
And they ate him, with poi and rice!

very suitable!