PDA

View Full Version : What percentage of national delegates will never change vote at brokered convention?

JasonM
03-13-2012, 12:41 AM
The reason I ask this is because in some states, like Hawaii and New Hampshire, the delegates are APPOINTED by whatever campaign won them. This means that no matter how many times the vote comes up, those campaign appointed delegates (usually an organizer I'd think) would theoretically never change their vote. And if their guy dropped out, then it truly is a mystery how this guy will end up voting.

So my question is, how many other states is this true as well? We have to be realistic here and try to figure out how many delegates are really open for our taking. Delegates from caucus states only make up some 400-500 delegates I believe.

thoughtomator
03-13-2012, 12:46 AM
Caucus states aren't the only ones that can provide stealth Paul delegates.

Capp
03-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Caucus states aren't the only ones that can provide stealth Paul delegates.

Yes...but primaries are MUCH harder to do it.

JasonM
03-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Yes...but primaries are MUCH harder to do it.

Or impossible in the case of Hawaii and NH. In Hawaii there isn't even a state convention!

PolicyReader
03-13-2012, 01:17 AM
It's been awhile since I did my review of procedures but as I recall it was the minority of states. However http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/ has the goods if you want to go state by state and check it. (just ignore their soft delegate projection on the first page, do that and the rest of the information is pretty solid)

cindy25
03-13-2012, 02:01 AM
in a brokered convention candidates come and go; all delegates might switch at some point depending on which candidates pull out.

eleganz
03-13-2012, 02:16 AM
all the paul supporters are goign to convert the softies...it might just be 'the perfect storm'

PolicyReader
03-13-2012, 03:10 AM
all the paul supporters are goign to convert the softies...it might just be 'the perfect storm'
Veterans March outside the convention, Paulites inside, soft support all around :cool:

PolicyReader
03-13-2012, 03:11 AM
double post

JasonM
03-13-2012, 03:36 AM
It's been awhile since I did my review of procedures but as I recall it was the minority of states. However http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/ has the goods if you want to go state by state and check it. (just ignore their soft delegate projection on the first page, do that and the rest of the information is pretty solid)

Yes, that is a solid site, but it IS quite a burden checking all 50 states not to mention all the territories too. Just don't have time right now to do it. :P

PolicyReader
03-13-2012, 04:04 AM
Yes, that is a solid site, but it IS quite a burden checking all 50 states not to mention all the territories too. Just don't have time right now to do it. :P
I feel your pain, my impulse is to go and do a state by state check like I did for voting dates and open/closed caucus/primary earlier this cycle but I have both articles and interviews to take care of for grassroots efforts so my productive time is pretty much already spoken for :p

mommaliberty
03-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Mississippi's are bound (37) until released by candidate

TruthisTreason
03-13-2012, 06:58 AM
99% will be with the media perceived winner, imo.