PDA

View Full Version : Southern Poverty Law Center creates "watch list" with liberty organizations on there

DannydeGracia2
03-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Guys I just now saw that the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) released a "Hate and Extremism Intelligence Report" and listed a ton of liberty organizations on their watch list of "Patriots" ... what concerns me is they have Tenth Amendment Center and Nullify Now on there ... this is like blacklisting and Red Scare McCarthyism type tactics all over again ... maybe consider looking at this and blogging and writing letters to your local newspaper's editor if any organizations in your state are listed?

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2012/spring/active-patriot-groups-in-the-united-states

roho76
03-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Are they an organization that helps poor people get legal representation or are they just a mouth piece for the government? What is the benefit of an organization like this collecting this type of information?

Voluntary Man
03-12-2012, 09:26 PM
SPLC is a joke: JBS is on their "watch list."

I love their little disclaimer, too:

"Listing here does not imply that the groups
themselves advocate or engage in violence or other criminal activities, or are racist." [no, not the groups, just the provocateurs who attempt to insert themselves as members]

Okay, then, SPLC, what is the purpose of this list, then?