PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Competitive Against Obama in Latest Rasmussen Poll

sailingaway
03-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Ron Paul Competitive Against Obama in Latest Rasmussen Poll

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2012/03/12/3813095/ron-paul-competitive-against-obama.html#storylink=cpy

Tyler_Durden
03-12-2012, 08:39 PM
It's a shame the Campaign has to pay for this Press Release, rather than MSM running it the way they should...

sailingaway
03-12-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't know that there is money involved, but I agree it should be on the news.

wgadget
03-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Drudgie-Wudgie?

J_White
03-12-2012, 10:39 PM
This is good, but the tunnel vision of GOP has to stop, if they really want to win.

Notable in the poll is that among alternatives to Massachusetts establishment-moderate Mitt Romney, Ron Paul is the most competitive when matched against the incumbent President. Paul is statistically tied with President Obama with a strong 41 percent to Obama’s 42 percent, and outperforms faux Romney alternatives Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich.

As Republican nominee, Rick Santorum would lose the White House with only 43 percent to Obama’s 46 percent, while Newt Gingrich would give it away with a six-point 46 to 40 percent landslide victory for Obama.

According to Rasmussen, “Paul currently does best of the four [Republican candidates] among voters not affiliated with either of the major political parties” – a crucial bellwether in electability. The poll, then, forecasts that the 12-term Congressman from Texas remains competitive outside the Republican Party base, and that he is best able to win over America’s largest voting bloc, self-identified independents.

anaconda
03-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Ron Paul Competitive Against Obama in Latest Rasmussen Poll

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2012/03/12/3813095/ron-paul-competitive-against-obama.html#storylink=cpy

Did they not poll Mittens vs. Soetoro?

mr_x
03-12-2012, 11:31 PM
imagine ron paul debating obama. if he's just given that chance... imagine how much truth would get out, and how many people would wake up to all the corrupt and insane crap happening in the world.

PolicyReader
03-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Hunter on the same subject: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/03/12/ron-paul-competitive-against-obama-in-latest-rasmussen-poll/

and mr_x I would love to get some popcorn and watch that debate

WD-NY
03-13-2012, 12:37 AM
It's a shame the Campaign has to pay for this Press Release, rather than MSM running it the way they should...

Here's a crazy thought, instead of putting out another press release on "electability" that only gets read by RPF & DailyPaul-types... the campaign should think outside the box a little bit and give the press something different. (e.g. an infographic on Ron's electability)??

anaconda
03-13-2012, 09:50 PM
imagine ron paul debating obama. if he's just given that chance... imagine how much truth would get out, and how many people would wake up to all the corrupt and insane crap happening in the world.

Hope I don't get flamed too aggressively for this, but this is another good reason for Ron to run third party. There's a good chance that they will have to let him debate on the same stage with Mittens and Soetoro. That would throw a real monkey wrench into their debate strategies.

sailingaway
03-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Hope I don't get flamed too aggressively for this, but this is another good reason for Ron to run third party. There's a good chance that they will have to let him debate on the same stage with Mittens and Soetoro. That would throw a real monkey wrench into their debate strategies.

that is actually true. I'm not pushing for that outcome but he did get 18% in one poll and 21% in another in the two major national polls polling him against Romney and Obama. That is above the national debate requirement threshold -- not that they can't manipulate polls when they have a goal in mind....