PDA

View Full Version : Some advice for RP supporters at the state/county conventions

Teenager For Ron Paul
03-12-2012, 06:58 PM
My mom (mormon, romney supporter) was a delegate at the clark county convention and she said that she thought the RP supporters around her were rude. I don't know if it's just about being loud about their passion for liberty or if it goes beyond that into being mean to those who don't support rp, but I believe it's a good idea to refrain from alienating such people and making them mad at us. It's for our own good! Instead of being dismissive, try to approach them in a rational way. I know it's hard not to get pissed, since some of them will never understand. But please, it will help to stay civil, especially at the state conventions.

parocks
03-12-2012, 07:25 PM
hahaha, good one

PolicyReader
03-12-2012, 07:29 PM
My mom (mormon, romney supporter) was a delegate at the clark county convention and she said that she thought the RP supporters around her were rude. I don't know if it's just about being loud about their passion for liberty or if it goes beyond that into being mean to those who don't support rp, but I believe it's a good idea to refrain from alienating such people and making them mad at us. It's for our own good! Instead of being dismissive, try to approach them in a rational way. I know it's hard not to get pissed, since some of them will never understand. But please, it will help to stay civil, especially at the state conventions.

I agree starting out civil is quite important and staying so for as long as one is able without allowing the GOP to violate the rules
If it's a question of civility or success then success wins hands down. But starting out civil and conducting a civil meeting (if the establishment allows it) is a great idea :)

sailingaway
03-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I agree, we need to be friendly to people. We will need other people's help or at least not hatred. Besides, we should think about Ron's image.

Now the Denver situation was different, they were cheating and needed to be shouted down because polite 'point of order' calls were being ignored. I don't know what happened in Clark that is being called rude, either, but it would be great if people could be as courteous as the situation allows.

DRFilms
03-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Hell, at our county convention the only way I could tell Ron Paul supporters from everyone else is we all had on yellow ribbons. We were ALL stealth delegates... oh, we had a clear majority from what I could tell. The room was packed with yellow ribbon wearing supporters. Our local GOP was trying very hard to keep us out... buahaha! Not gonna happen.

NoOneButPaul
03-12-2012, 08:03 PM
It's impossible in our situation not to come off as rude...

Add in a bunch of nuts screaming about whatever wild conspiracy they've come up this week and it's off-putting to the laymen's everywhere.

We need to try and treat everyone (and their ideas) with respect and dignity, every morning I leave my house with my Ron Paul hat and hoodie and occasionally I get crap from morons about it and I choose to remain pleasant and try to converse instead of argue- no matter how badly I want to beat their brains in.

I also remember as I wear the hat that everywhere I go strangers, potential voters, see me as a Paul supporter, which in turn makes me act considerably nicer to everyone (open doors for people, help old ladies cross the street, whatever nice opportunity you see, take it) because I like to try and spread the idea that all Paul supporters are nice, calm, upstanding citizens... even though we damn well know underneath we are anything but.

You gotta charm these people...