PDA

View Full Version : alabama vote - Not sure which delegates to select?

Matth19
03-12-2012, 06:08 PM
My friend says there are 1-24 RP delegates on the sample ballot. How does this work? Does it matter which one we got for? Thanks for any help

tsai3904
03-12-2012, 06:21 PM
The delegate votes don't matter because the delegates you see on the ballot are only people who support the same candidate vying for one specific delegate position.

Take a look at this sample ballot:
http://www.sos.state.al.us/downloads/election/2012/primary/sampleballots/Autauga-Rep-2012-Sample.pdf

Look at the second column. You'll see PAUL Delegates, Place 1 (Vote for One). This means that two Ron Paul supporters signed up to be the delegate for Place 1. If you choose to vote in that box, you will be deciding which of the two Ron Paul supporters will be the delegate for Place 1 in the case that Ron Paul wins and is awarded the Place 1 delegate. This actually hurt us because it cost $150 for each person to apply as a delegate and having two people in Place 1 means that we wasted $150 because both are Ron Paul supporters and you will be deciding who wins, when in reality, it doesn't really matter.

In the third column, you will see there are no Place 13-16 Ron Paul delegates. That means we had ONE Ron Paul supporter apply for that position, which was the correct thing to do.

Basically, you don't need to vote for the delegates if you don't want to. If you do, you will be deciding which of the two supporters will become the delegate.

shane77m
03-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Some of the people running for delegate slots in for Ron Paul in Alabama are officials with the Alabama campaign. I am working on getting a list of them. I know who a few are but not all.

shane77m
03-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Here is a list of people that are working for the Ron Paul campaign in Alabama. You should find these names on the ballots.

The following staff members are from locations around the great state of Alabama and have pledged to support Dr. Ron Paul’s candidacy for President of the United States among their peers and the many active supporters across the Yellowhammer state.

Marcelo Muņoz, Alabama Campaign Chairman, was born in Santiago, Chile and since immigrating to the United States has a life story that exemplifies the American dream which Dr. Ron Paul is campaigning so hard to protect and defend. Marcelo states:
"Having served around the world as a member of the U.S. Air Force as well as having lived under a left-wing Marxist regime, and a right-wing military dictatorship, I'm acutely aware of the values and freedoms we currently enjoy – and understand how fragile they are. As a veteran I took an oath to protect our Constitution. It is refreshing to see a fellow Air Force veteran honor that very same oath through his principled leadership."

Since graduating from the University of Alabama with an MBA Marcelo has led a number of small government and anti-tax efforts in Alabama. He is the former state coordinator for the Campaign for Liberty, and in 2009 helped found the largest Tea Party group in Alabama, The Rainy Day Patriots. In 2010 he was elected to serve as GOP vice-chairman in Alabama's most conservative and influential county, as well as the GOP State Executive Committee where he founded the Tea Party Caucus.

Chad Thrower, District 1 Coordinator, became involved in the growing liberty movement in 2009 as the District 1 Coordinator for the Campaign for Liberty. In 2010, he was elected as a member of the Escambia County Republican Executive Committee. Chad believes strongly that Ron Paul is the only candidate for president who truly supports individual liberty, constitutional government, and sound money.

Brian Roughton, District 2 Coordinator, was an immediate supporter of Dr. Paul’s when he first announced his presidential bid in 2007. He was among a handful of key organizers who planned strategies in Alabama on a regular basis, eventually becoming state coordinator for Ron Paul in 2008. A classical guitarist, Brian is also the owner and operator of the Music Academy LLC, the only private music school in the greater Montgomery area.

Gail Roughton, District 3 Coordinator, is the proud mother of three and grandmother of three who has been a Ron Paul supporter since 2007, helping with sign waves and distributing materials all over central Alabama. She continues her involvement in the Lee County Tea Party events and has 20 years of experience in the insurance industry. Gail received her B.S. in Education from New York State University, where she went on to become a teacher in Guam for two-and-a-half years.

Jason Weakley, District 4 Interim Coordinator and Social Media Coordinator, is a recent transplant from Florida where he ran for District 96 of the Florida House of Representatives in 2010. He became interested in Ron Paul and issues of fiscal responsibility in 2008, later attending the 2009 Taxpayer March on Washington and local South Florida Tea Party events. He owns his own web design and social media company.

Tollie Williams, District 5 Coordinator, finds inspiration for public service from his grandfather, saying, "His dedication to the people of Somerville, serving as mayor for 40 years, left an indelible mark on my life.” Tollie believes that by avoiding unnecessary wars and sponsoring legislation to define life as beginning at conception, Dr. Paul is the only true pro-life candidate.

Barbara Hall, District 6 Coordinator, is a former business owner and comes to us from the Campaign for Liberty where she served as Chilton County Coordinator in 2010, later joining the Ron Paul Campaign in 2011, Barbara is also a member of the Republican Women of Chilton County. As a mother and homeschooler Barbara is passionate about Ron Paul’s record of family values and the importance of homeschooling.

Caryn Gleason, District 7 Coordinator, spent the fall of 1994 in Lahore, Pakistan, where she says she, “gained a new appreciation of what it meant to be American.” Caryn is very passionate about foreign policy issues as well as fiscal responsibility, tracing her interest in these topics back to her experiences in Pakistan. She has been involved with Young Republicans and the liberty movement for a number of years.

Dr. Hector Caballero, Hispanic Outreach Director, a neurologist from Tuscaloosa, endorses Dr. Ron Paul, a 12-term Congressman and OB/GYN from Texas, by combining his admiration for Dr. Paul with a condemnation of the authoritarian regimes under which he lived in Cuba and the Soviet Union.
“Dr. Paul’s persistent fight for the cause of individual liberty and proven integrity attracted me to his message with open fervor and enthusiasm. After living in the Soviet Union and Cuba, you develop a strong understanding of what liberty is all about and you understand that liberty is very fragile and scarce. You understand that you are never free enough. Freedom is always lost in exchange for security and the falsehood of the common good. Liberty is the most important human currency and is only exchangeable for more of it. No other leader has a more profound understanding of this principle than Dr. Paul.”

Kelli Smith, Volunteer Coordinator, and her husband David are the proud parents of three beautiful children, whom, Kelli says, “I have the fortune of educating at home each day.” She says that she was inspired by Ron Paul to get up off the couch and get involved after discovering that he is not your typical politician. Her involvement in the political process began with the Campaign for Liberty and local Republican Party groups in 2011.

Jessica Sult, Logistics Coordinator, is continuing her work from the Ron Paul 2008 campaign when she served as Supplies Coordinator. As someone who was homeschooled by her parents she learned the value of hard work and dedication, and has applied those lessons to the family balloon business which she took over at the age of sixteen.

Sylvia Parker, Administrative Support, has served as the Tuscaloosa County Coordinator for the Campaign for Liberty during which time she organized the Liberty and Freedom Festival. She also was instrumental in coordinating logistics and recruiting volunteers for the West Alabama Republican Assembly’s Straw Poll in October, 2011. Sylvia’s interest in politics stems from witnessing firsthand the 9/11 attacks on New York while just two miles away in Manhattan.

James Rommet is a veteran of the Iowa campaign and joined us in January. He developed and was instrumental in our canvassing training series and seminars - he trained over 200 people in canvassing techniques and data collection.

Eric Phillips is our College Program Coordinator - he not only led students at Auburn but also all other colleges in the state. His team was instrumental in the success of the voter identification program.

Bama Boy
03-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Cool. Thanks for this.

PolicyReader
03-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Here is a list of people that are working for the Ron Paul campaign in Alabama. You should find these names on the ballots.

The following staff members are from locations around the great state of Alabama and have pledged to support Dr. Ron Paul’s candidacy for President of the United States among their peers and the many active supporters across the Yellowhammer state.

Marcelo Muņoz, Alabama Campaign Chairman, was born in Santiago, Chile and since immigrating to the United States has a life story that exemplifies the American dream which Dr. Ron Paul is campaigning so hard to protect and defend. Marcelo states:
"Having served around the world as a member of the U.S. Air Force as well as having lived under a left-wing Marxist regime, and a right-wing military dictatorship, I'm acutely aware of the values and freedoms we currently enjoy – and understand how fragile they are. As a veteran I took an oath to protect our Constitution. It is refreshing to see a fellow Air Force veteran honor that very same oath through his principled leadership."

Since graduating from the University of Alabama with an MBA Marcelo has led a number of small government and anti-tax efforts in Alabama. He is the former state coordinator for the Campaign for Liberty, and in 2009 helped found the largest Tea Party group in Alabama, The Rainy Day Patriots. In 2010 he was elected to serve as GOP vice-chairman in Alabama's most conservative and influential county, as well as the GOP State Executive Committee where he founded the Tea Party Caucus.

Chad Thrower, District 1 Coordinator, became involved in the growing liberty movement in 2009 as the District 1 Coordinator for the Campaign for Liberty. In 2010, he was elected as a member of the Escambia County Republican Executive Committee. Chad believes strongly that Ron Paul is the only candidate for president who truly supports individual liberty, constitutional government, and sound money.

Brian Roughton, District 2 Coordinator, was an immediate supporter of Dr. Paul’s when he first announced his presidential bid in 2007. He was among a handful of key organizers who planned strategies in Alabama on a regular basis, eventually becoming state coordinator for Ron Paul in 2008. A classical guitarist, Brian is also the owner and operator of the Music Academy LLC, the only private music school in the greater Montgomery area.

Gail Roughton, District 3 Coordinator, is the proud mother of three and grandmother of three who has been a Ron Paul supporter since 2007, helping with sign waves and distributing materials all over central Alabama. She continues her involvement in the Lee County Tea Party events and has 20 years of experience in the insurance industry. Gail received her B.S. in Education from New York State University, where she went on to become a teacher in Guam for two-and-a-half years.

Jason Weakley, District 4 Interim Coordinator and Social Media Coordinator, is a recent transplant from Florida where he ran for District 96 of the Florida House of Representatives in 2010. He became interested in Ron Paul and issues of fiscal responsibility in 2008, later attending the 2009 Taxpayer March on Washington and local South Florida Tea Party events. He owns his own web design and social media company.

Tollie Williams, District 5 Coordinator, finds inspiration for public service from his grandfather, saying, "His dedication to the people of Somerville, serving as mayor for 40 years, left an indelible mark on my life.” Tollie believes that by avoiding unnecessary wars and sponsoring legislation to define life as beginning at conception, Dr. Paul is the only true pro-life candidate.

Barbara Hall, District 6 Coordinator, is a former business owner and comes to us from the Campaign for Liberty where she served as Chilton County Coordinator in 2010, later joining the Ron Paul Campaign in 2011, Barbara is also a member of the Republican Women of Chilton County. As a mother and homeschooler Barbara is passionate about Ron Paul’s record of family values and the importance of homeschooling.

Caryn Gleason, District 7 Coordinator, spent the fall of 1994 in Lahore, Pakistan, where she says she, “gained a new appreciation of what it meant to be American.” Caryn is very passionate about foreign policy issues as well as fiscal responsibility, tracing her interest in these topics back to her experiences in Pakistan. She has been involved with Young Republicans and the liberty movement for a number of years.

Dr. Hector Caballero, Hispanic Outreach Director, a neurologist from Tuscaloosa, endorses Dr. Ron Paul, a 12-term Congressman and OB/GYN from Texas, by combining his admiration for Dr. Paul with a condemnation of the authoritarian regimes under which he lived in Cuba and the Soviet Union.
“Dr. Paul’s persistent fight for the cause of individual liberty and proven integrity attracted me to his message with open fervor and enthusiasm. After living in the Soviet Union and Cuba, you develop a strong understanding of what liberty is all about and you understand that liberty is very fragile and scarce. You understand that you are never free enough. Freedom is always lost in exchange for security and the falsehood of the common good. Liberty is the most important human currency and is only exchangeable for more of it. No other leader has a more profound understanding of this principle than Dr. Paul.”

Kelli Smith, Volunteer Coordinator, and her husband David are the proud parents of three beautiful children, whom, Kelli says, “I have the fortune of educating at home each day.” She says that she was inspired by Ron Paul to get up off the couch and get involved after discovering that he is not your typical politician. Her involvement in the political process began with the Campaign for Liberty and local Republican Party groups in 2011.

Jessica Sult, Logistics Coordinator, is continuing her work from the Ron Paul 2008 campaign when she served as Supplies Coordinator. As someone who was homeschooled by her parents she learned the value of hard work and dedication, and has applied those lessons to the family balloon business which she took over at the age of sixteen.

Sylvia Parker, Administrative Support, has served as the Tuscaloosa County Coordinator for the Campaign for Liberty during which time she organized the Liberty and Freedom Festival. She also was instrumental in coordinating logistics and recruiting volunteers for the West Alabama Republican Assembly’s Straw Poll in October, 2011. Sylvia’s interest in politics stems from witnessing firsthand the 9/11 attacks on New York while just two miles away in Manhattan.

James Rommet is a veteran of the Iowa campaign and joined us in January. He developed and was instrumental in our canvassing training series and seminars - he trained over 200 people in canvassing techniques and data collection.

Eric Phillips is our College Program Coordinator - he not only led students at Auburn but also all other colleges in the state. His team was instrumental in the success of the voter identification program.
+rep

shane77m
03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Sweet! I got some positive rep.

Eryxis
03-12-2012, 08:09 PM
I am running for CD6 Place 2. Spencer Stephens. A vote would be appreciated.

Martin Silenus
03-12-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm John Thomason, running for At-Large Slot Ten. I'm running against Jessica because apparently the campaign "didn't know who I was" so they asked Jessica to run against me. Never mind the fact that I'm president of Youth For Ron Paul on my campus and I filed before Jessica. But whatever, we've met and there are no hard feelings. :D

Martin Silenus
03-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Also, Lisa Pate and Michelle Windsor are also heavily involved in the campaign in Birmingham. I've been out canvassing with both of them.

tsai3904
03-12-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm running against Jessica because apparently the campaign "didn't know who I was" so they asked Jessica to run against me. Never mind the fact that I'm president of Youth For Ron Paul on my campus and I filed before Jessica. But whatever, we've met and there are no hard feelings. :D

There are no hard feelings but it sucks that we wasted $150 for every extra person that filed as a delegate. 33 people unnecessarily filed, which comes out to a wasted $4,950. That's a lot of money for something that could have easily been cleared up by the campaign.

J_White
03-12-2012, 10:42 PM
should we putting all this info on a public board - with specific names of Paul delegates ?
would it make it easy for the GOP to try to disqualify them at a later date ?
but i suppose the GOP would already know who is supporting whom.

tsai3904
03-12-2012, 10:45 PM
should we putting all this info on a public board - with specific names of Paul delegates ?
would it make it easy for the GOP to try to disqualify them at a later date ?
but i suppose the GOP would already know who is supporting whom.

The ballots list the names and the candidate they are pledged to.

XTreat
03-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Lisa Pate is a legit activist, have met her a couple times in my travels.

Eryxis
03-13-2012, 06:42 AM
Yeah, there's no hiding it in AL.

PC_for_Paul
03-13-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm going out today, Alabama polls look like a thursday night bingo. Really sad that the brain washed are about the only Al voters. Most will stay at home, or watch the media to figure out who to vote for. It would seem we deserve neither security or liberty.

I will take out atleast one whitehead GOP loyalist, and the wife will get one too. Just too few of us down here.

shane77m
03-13-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm going out today, Alabama polls look like a thursday night bingo. Really sad that the brain washed are about the only Al voters. Most will stay at home, or watch the media to figure out who to vote for. It would seem we deserve neither security or liberty.

I will take out atleast one whitehead GOP loyalist, and the wife will get one too. Just too few of us down here.

Always mostly whiteheads at the place where I vote. Unfortunately most of them don't know how to do research on the internet so the lamestream media is all they have.

Casting my vote for Ron Paul at 4:30p.m. today.

samforpaul
03-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Sorry about getting off topic a bit, but I have a question. Let's say a student is in Tuscaloosa, but her residence is in Birmingham. Does she have go go back to her home residence or can she vote in the precinct she resides as a student?
Thanks!

vechorik
03-13-2012, 10:55 AM
+1 for delegates!

tsai3904
03-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Sorry about getting off topic a bit, but I have a question. Let's say a student is in Tuscaloosa, but her residence is in Birmingham. Does she have go go back to her home residence or can she vote in the precinct she resides as a student?
Thanks!

She can vote anywhere she wants as long as she is registered to vote; however, if she does not vote in the polling place where she is registered to vote, she will cast a provisional ballot. The provisional ballot will be counted once the elections office confirms that she is registered to vote.

Edit: Actually, I'm reading that you may only be able to cast a provisional ballot if you will vote within the same county you are registered to vote in. To be clear, she should call her county Board of Registrar and find out. She can find their number here: http://www.alabamavotes.gov/vb/borjop1.aspx

TheGrinch
03-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Sorry, but I can't read anything with the word Alabama anymore without thinking of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrimMyOoEDA