PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Abuses Trademark Law To Unveil Anonymous Internet Users

AndyW
03-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Here's the article link (http://youranonnews.visibli.com/share/D07zyk).

Very odd. Any further info?

rpwi
03-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Ah...this is the Huntsman lawsuit. Basically there was a lot of evidence that the anti-Hunstman video that Hunstman was sooo proud of was actually created by his daughters. The Paul campaign filed a suit to unmask the producer of the youtube video (which was the Huntsman girls) and apparently a judge has rejected the lawsuit.

Tough call...what the Huntsman campaign did was evil, but I don't like the idea of the courts messing around in this domain...reluctantly I have to agree with the court's decision.

I'm sure the exact mechanics of the lawsuit were not constructed by Paul but rather his lawyer...and I'm not sure he would agree with everything file on his behalf.

The Huntsman video and lawsuit was a big deal in the grass roots forum and you may want to repost this big update there.

giovannile07
03-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Ah...this is the Huntsman lawsuit. Basically there was a lot of evidence that the anti-Hunstman video that Hunstman was sooo proud of was actually created by his daughters. The Paul campaign filed a suit to unmask the producer of the youtube video (which was the Huntsman girls) and apparently a judge has rejected the lawsuit.

Tough call...what the Huntsman campaign did was evil, but I don't like the idea of the courts messing around in this domain...reluctantly I have to agree with the court's decision.

I'm sure the exact mechanics of the lawsuit were not constructed by Paul but rather his lawyer...and I'm not sure he would agree with everything file on his behalf.

The Huntsman video and lawsuit was a big deal in the grass roots forum and you may want to repost this big update there.
So, it's proven that it's his daughters who made the video? Is there any source for that, just curious.

Feeding the Abscess
03-12-2012, 09:42 PM
I agree with the decision.

kylejack
03-12-2012, 10:00 PM
I agree with the decision.
Yep, me too.

hard@work
03-12-2012, 11:16 PM
So, it's proven that it's his daughters who made the video? Is there any source for that, just curious.

There were some very convincing posts made around that time. A lot of back tracking to the Hunstman campaign twitter and how their campaign seemed to at minimum be the reason that video was even seen by anyone past the original creator. Basically the video once uploaded was passed directly to the Hunstman campaign, and nowhere else. And it was the Huntsman campaign that worked to spread the video, not anyone else. Then there was some additional work done to show that it looked like it was from the Huntsman daughters if not Hunstman's direct team. It was pretty damning. Even if the Hunstman campaign wasn't directly complicit or involved in that video, they absolutely worked hard to spread it themselves. Incredibly unethical, I'm glad Hunstman is out of the race.

Sorry I don't have the link but if you dig around you can find it.

giovannile07
03-17-2012, 10:47 PM
There were some very convincing posts made around that time. A lot of back tracking to the Hunstman campaign twitter and how their campaign seemed to at minimum be the reason that video was even seen by anyone past the original creator. Basically the video once uploaded was passed directly to the Hunstman campaign, and nowhere else. And it was the Huntsman campaign that worked to spread the video, not anyone else. Then there was some additional work done to show that it looked like it was from the Huntsman daughters if not Hunstman's direct team. It was pretty damning. Even if the Hunstman campaign wasn't directly complicit or involved in that video, they absolutely worked hard to spread it themselves. Incredibly unethical, I'm glad Hunstman is out of the race.

Sorry I don't have the link but if you dig around you can find it.
Yeah, I know about that stuff, but was wondering if there was factual evidence of this.

Atreidies
03-19-2012, 06:50 AM
The Paul campaign HAD to show some kind of action to prove that they were not involved with the production of the video. They had to know the case would be thrown out, and probably only filed it to show that they were not involved.

ropo
03-19-2012, 09:48 AM
I have no problem with the video being posted anonymously. The problems I had were that the media reported it as if the video was in some way connected with the official campaign, and when the user was contacted he or she gave the impression they were in contact with the official campaign.