PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead and Jack Hunter to have Q&A on Wednesday at 9pm Eastern.

Tyler_Durden
03-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Just posted on Facebook:

"Senior Advisor Doug Wead and Campaign Blogger Jack Hunter will be hosting a live chat on the Ron Paul Coalitions wall on Wednesday March 14th at 9PM Eastern"

https://www.facebook.com/RonPaulCoalitions

Tyler_Durden
03-12-2012, 04:00 PM
I will be re-emphasizing the importance of more effective Social Media Marketing!!

PaulSoHard
03-12-2012, 10:05 PM
I will be re-emphasizing the importance of more effective Social Media Marketing!!
I came here to say the exact same thing.

Who knows how much potential social media marketing can hold for us. If the mainstream media doesn't want to play nice, we have to find some way to play along because there's no chance in hell they'll turn 180 degrees for us.

BUSHLIED
03-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Having Doug and Hunter on for a live chat is social media. The blog by Hunter is too. And a tweets here and there...I don't think they are going to do more than that.

But if you going to ask the campaign to do a better job save your key strokes. What are you going to ask them to improve? Google ads? I don't think the campaign is running the same way like they did during NH and IA etc...

carterm
03-12-2012, 11:21 PM
tell them to build a time machine and send paul to hawaii on tuesday.

socal
03-12-2012, 11:46 PM
The campaign should wise up and create their own media, even if they don't agree with all the particulars listed in the New Media Advice thread. It's ridiculous how good of a job Dr Paul does in the debates, speeches, and interviews (A- rating) compared to the campaign's media efforts (C- rating). It's not too late. imo

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?366386-New-Media-Advice-for-the-Ron-Paul-Campaign&p=4269765&viewfull=1#post4269765

My main suggestion however, is about the mainstream media. I think it's becoming evident that a bigger part of mainstream media is ignoring your presence and you have to play along. I think your strategy should be becoming the media. As difficult as it might sound, it's not. In today's world, while major TV stations struggle for having 13 minutes watch time a day, online platforms such as Facebook have on average 75 minutes a day. What does that mean for you? Simply go on live TV and tell people to come to your website and social media channels for the accurate numbers and news. Then update those channels as frequently as you can by a consistent message, by yourself asking people to re-share this data with their friends. Have a consistent message, by yourself telling people they have to help you in this media war. And, make your social media the center of your activity.

Finally, run a Web TV program, just like a TV show. Every night, every single night, run a 1 hour show that is a debate between you and 30 select individuals around the table. [...]. Then livestream that video online. You can't believe how cheap, you can get it done, even for free.

ZanZibar
03-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Bump

TonySutton
03-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Do they realize the final episode of Face Off comes on at 9pm eastern!

Good thing I have On Demand :)

Highstreet
03-14-2012, 01:57 PM
The campaign should wise up and create their own media, even if they don't agree with all the particulars listed in the New Media Advice thread. It's ridiculous how good of a job Dr Paul does in the debates, speeches, and interviews (A- rating) compared to the campaign's media efforts (C- rating). It's not too late. imo

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?366386-New-Media-Advice-for-the-Ron-Paul-Campaign&p=4269765&viewfull=1#post4269765

A web live stream on a regular basis is a great idea!

Tyler_Durden
03-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Having Doug and Hunter on for a live chat is social media. The blog by Hunter is too. And a tweets here and there...I don't think they are going to do more than that.

But if you going to ask the campaign to do a better job save your key strokes. What are you going to ask them to improve? Google ads? I don't think the campaign is running the same way like they did during NH and IA etc...

This was in response to a thread about getting the Ron Paul Facebook page to 1 million "likes." it's all about the website, blogs, articles, and social media being interconnected and updated constantly.

The Campaign needs an effective Social Media Marketing strategy. I've corresponded with Doug Wead on this several times.

The articles and blogs on the ronpaul2012 website need to be pushed out on the Ron Paul Facebook/Twitter accounts.

Big stories (like the article released the day before Super Tuesday of Romney's 5 family members endorsing Paul) should be posted on a daily basis. These will be heavily "shared' and will thus have a greater audience reach, generating more "likes" and "followers".

Remember when SOPA was a huge deal? Ron Paul posted about it the day it was being voted on and it received over 8K shares!! His Facebook pg was receiving an average of 1000 new likes PER HOUR that day! That was effective Social Media Marketing.

So, 1 million new likes is possible. But, it would be much, much easier if the Campaign would allow a Social Media Marketing professional to take the reins. Doug did provide me the contact info for a marketing pro who pushes, posts, and tweets for the Campaign. Unfortunately, she doesn't admin the Facebook pg. It should all be under one central control......

rpwi
03-14-2012, 05:07 PM
I don't have facebook...can somebody ask Doug Wead if he'll lobby Ron to attend the Oregon debates? It is such a cost effective method of passing on his method unfiltered from the media, that he needs to take advantage of this...even if Romney doesn't attend. If nothing else, it will remind the population that Ron is still in this race (and impression they might not have based on the lack of MSM coverage).

Tyler_Durden
03-14-2012, 06:27 PM
ETA 30 minutes bump!

GeorgiaAvenger
03-14-2012, 06:36 PM
I hate the timeline. Cant find anything

messana
03-14-2012, 06:46 PM
It would be nice if Ron Paul could be doing this once a week. Have it done by video and get the campaign post it on their youtube channel.

JJ2
03-14-2012, 06:54 PM
I hate the timeline. Cant find anything

I know. Facebook and Twitter just keep getting worse with their new versions...

sailingaway
03-14-2012, 07:12 PM
should be on now, right?

skytoucher
03-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Someone please ask them about doing the Portland debate!

francisco
03-14-2012, 07:29 PM
I don't have facebook...can somebody ask Doug Wead if he'll lobby Ron to attend the Oregon debates? It is such a cost effective method of passing on his method unfiltered from the media, that he needs to take advantage of this...even if Romney doesn't attend. If nothing else, it will remind the population that Ron is still in this race (and impression they might not have based on the lack of MSM coverage).

A question regarding this has been posted.

OTHERS--PLEASE CHIME IN!! SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE GREASE.

emazur
03-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Doug Wead: "i will urge him to" attend

Tod
03-14-2012, 07:53 PM
I went to the facebook page and the format sucked, so I left.

The moderated chatroom that Tom Woods uses for his Q&A sessions is MUCH better.

JJ2
03-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Yeah, this timeline thing is even worse than I thought. It's almost impossible to keep up with it.

emazur
03-14-2012, 08:01 PM

Yes, LibertyChat is a far superior format (I would strongly suggest everyone try it - the first time I tried, I was unaware the guest would appear on live video). Only good thing about the way this facebook q/a is going is that more questions get to be asked. However, the answers are extremely brief (understandable - it must be hard to keep up w/ so many questions and type out answers)

LibertyEagle
03-14-2012, 08:37 PM
I looked over at the site right now and I don't see any answers by Wead. What am I doing wrong?

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-14-2012, 08:37 PM

And the quality of feedback and questions to Wead and Hunter was even worse.

And the non-answers to the few good questions that I saw were even worse.

There were a couple spots where a couple different people brought up the issue of the stupidity of doing the raucous rallies and skipping town immediately compared to Santorum campaigning for real and spending time in one spot answering people's questions in depth. But these hayseeds are tone deaf.

Check these 2 examples of Wead's embarrassing answers to important points:

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/9295/wead2a.png

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8745/wead1a.png

They're just as hopeless as ever.

sailingaway
03-14-2012, 08:53 PM

There were a couple spots where a couple different people brought up the issue of the stupidity of doing the raucous rallies and skipping town immediately compared to Santorum campaigning for real and spending time in one spot answering people's questions in depth. But these hayseeds are tone deaf.

you would expect them to join in on blatant campaign bashing?

WD-NY
03-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Jesus, Lori Stephan Mills pretty much captures the spirit of the "cheerleaders" perfectly. Note how the Bill Reyold's completely legitimate question is met with a barrage of "!!!!"

Ugh.

Tyler_Durden
03-14-2012, 09:03 PM

I'm a little confused. Doug was answering questions from this login:

"Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian"

Your screenshot appears to be his personal page? Was he answering from both accounts?

Maximus
03-14-2012, 09:39 PM
The quality of these discussions goes down everytime. Now 2/3 of the questions are just about fraud.

socal
03-15-2012, 12:12 AM
I like the Q&A idea but not the small rally idea. The worst part of the small rally idea is that you'd have to turn away too many people. Sure Santorum is doing well, but how do you know that's not due to positive media coverage vs the near media blackout on Dr Paul ? Small rally or large rally though, you're not going to reach enough people unless the event is professionally filmed and broadcast electronically.

What RevPac did today with the live stream and YouTube video is what we need, but these videos need to be put on the campaign's website or social media networks for maximum exposure. I should have joined Facebook to ask him about that, or did someone else ask him about improving their social media marketing efforts ?

I sent the RevPac live stream link to a Romney supporter friend who is a UI alumni, and he commented favorably on Dr Paul's mascot comment.

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-15-2012, 08:56 AM
I like the Q&A idea but not the small rally idea. The worst part of the small rally idea is that you'd have to turn away too many people.

If Ron Paul is such a rock star that he has to turn people away, that's a good problem to have even if over half of the crowd is from 6 hours away and already converted.

So why not do both? After the raucous rally at the Mega-Dome announce that Act II will begin in 15 minutes and ask all of the converted to move out of the 1st 20 rows so that those with sincere questions can move up and hear there questions answered in a calm and serious setting?

I turned on ronpaulradio in the background yesterday and they were re-playing an old short q&a that Ron was doing with the press after some event that I had never heard. And it was the same as others I've heard: rush, rush, rush and then in a few minutes Jesse saying "1 more question quickly". Despite that, Ron did quick delves into serious questions the press guys had about issues such as transitioning to a gold standard.

I really think that this schedule of shuttling Ron from raucous rally to raucous rally is a scheme devised (maybe sub-consiously) by these guys to keep Ron from ever delving deep into issues during this campaign. It reminds me of the Fed gov's "diesel treatment" that they did to former Congressman George Hansen!

I've seen similar behavior in Libertarian Party campaigns for 30 years. The whole campaign strategy becomes a project in not telling people the truth about what we believe.

With Ron its really hard to bottle him up because he is such an honest incorruptible true believer in libertarian ideas. So the "strategists" instincts are to use the huge passionate following as a means of obfuscation. Remember the near-riot at that NH diner where that crazy lady bitched afterword because she couldn't get her question answered because they whisked Ron away from being trampled? Instead of always running away, why not come back establish some order and delve into these peoples questions. Sure you're going to have to deal with some nuts, but that's part of learning how to communicate.

Someone else once asked why not just pick one of the thousand or so great speeches that Ron has READ into the congressional record? One of those 10 minute readings would de-raucous-ize a rally atmosphere perfectly and set the stage for some good honest policy dialog with the people.

Oh well, I realize this is hopeless. I will shut up for a while and go back to paying taxes Lockheed and Grumman now.