PDA

View Full Version : National Review Online is Spying On Us

kylejack
11-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Those New CBS/NYT Polls

In New Hampshire and Iowa.

Three things to notice:

Fred Thompson is not doing well, despite an ad in Iowa that's been running for a week. Give it more time, says adviser John McLaughlin.
McCain has surged, tying up with Giuliani in New Hampshire.
Ron Paul is catching on in New Hampshire, too — he's at 8 percent, after polling at 7 percent in two other polls. He's even pulling 5 percent in Iowa, where I am told his volunteers rubbed everyone the wrong way over the summer.
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZTZhOWU1NjRkMGI4MDNjMGNhY2Y0YWQ0NTBkZGRmZmI=

TechnoGuyRob
11-13-2007, 08:51 PM
They're tellin' us. :D

Adamsa
11-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Rubbed people the wrong way?

RPinSEAZ
11-13-2007, 08:58 PM
deleted

nullvalu
11-13-2007, 08:59 PM

Apparently we were "too loud" for the GOP.

Benaiah
11-13-2007, 09:01 PM

Go to Ron's YouTube channel and watch the video of a hundred or two Ron Paul supporters marching through the halls where the debates were being held.

LinearChaos
11-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Maybe they are reading this very forum :eek:

transistor
11-13-2007, 09:07 PM
They're tellin' us. :D

lol

Bryan
11-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Go to Ron's YouTube channel and watch the video of a hundred or two Ron Paul supporters marching through the halls where the debates were being held.

Yeah, I was there- on the upper level doing video work. What was the issue?

uncloned21
11-13-2007, 09:24 PM

Likely referring to the straw poll

kylejack
11-13-2007, 09:24 PM

Not that. They were considered loud and obnoxious at the straw poll by various bloggers and reporters.

Bryan
11-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Not that. They were considered loud and obnoxious at the straw poll by various bloggers and reporters.

Before they announced the results there were several groups on the floor from other candidates that were doing basically the same thing as the Ron Paul supporters- other than singing the national anthem. :)

kylejack
11-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Before they announced the results there were several groups on the floor from other candidates that were doing basically the same thing as the Ron Paul supporters- other than singing the national anthem. :)

I doubt to the same extent, because I have seen Paul sycophants in action several times. ;)

Benaiah
11-13-2007, 09:33 PM
all I know is that the video of our Revolution marching through the halls in Iowa is rad.

Proemio
11-13-2007, 09:41 PM
National Review Online is Spying On Us

Everyone of note has people spying on us.
They would be out of their minds not to.

Problem is, there is nothing they can do with it except whine.
First and foremost because truth and honesty does not shun light.
And because they are all structurally unable to react quickly enough to our actions.
Top-down can't effectively counter thousand of individuals going in the same direction, while chosing unique and unexpected paths.

The only vulnerability to us is over-organization - that's what HQ is for.
Hence, we can do both organized stuff and unexpected jabs - fun and highly effective.

chrismatthews
11-13-2007, 09:45 PM
There are a couple of RP supporters at the National Review.

Well, i shouldn't say supporters, its more accurate to say they are fair minded about him.

Derbyshire is an actual small government conservative, so Paul's message is breakfast for him, I won't name the other, but there is one more who actually intends to vote for Paul, although he hasn't stated that publically.

By and large NRO is going for Guiliani. They've spent the last few years cheerleading the war in Iraq(I think there are many of us here now that fit that description as well), at this point it would be nigh impossible to embrace an anti-war candidate.

What's sad about the ordeal is that Bill Buckley Jr, the founder and previous leader of National Review once stood for everything that Dr. Paul stands for today.

David Frum is a vocal opponent of Paul's, and takes a little snipe at him from time to time to boost his readership. All in all, the guys(and gals) over there are fair minded and intellectually honest, they're just far too heavily invested in the war to realize classical conservatism when they see it.

mkrfctr
11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
lets see, the iowa debate yelling thru the halls thing, the calling and emailing about the vote fix that was going to happen at the straw poll thing, the iowa straw poll parade grounds march, the straw vote auditorium yelling and such, the calling about the upcoming fox debate 5% polling thing ... face it, RP supporters are far more active / noisy / obnoxious than any others, good for some, "rubbing the wrong way" to others

jenius
11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Very good points, Proemio. Interestingly, we are a direct contrast to the "protectionist" policies of such forums as redstate.com (i.e., banning Ron Paul supporters and threads). We happen to illustrate Ron Paul's ideals of the free market and free speech perfectly, and our capabilities will be limited only by our enthusiasm.

steph3n
11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Ron Paul's support is under estimated due to the broad range of people in every party and every category supporting him. They can't simply niche us to one group

Bryan
11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
I doubt to the same extent, because I have seen Paul sycophants in action several times. ;)
It was actually quite entertaining watching the groups try to outdo each other.

They're all crazy! Going to Straw Polls and having a good time!!! :p:):D:cool:

jenius
11-13-2007, 09:52 PM
What's sad about the ordeal is that Bill Buckley Jr, the founder and previous leader of National Review once stood for everything that Dr. Paul stands for today.

I've never been to their message boards, but if this is true, someone should make a post about it paralleling the similarities between Buckley Jr. and Paul. It's bound to sway a few board members ;)

LinearChaos
11-13-2007, 09:55 PM
It's politics. It is almost impossible to be interested and not be passionate about it. People get emo.

chrismatthews
11-13-2007, 10:36 PM
I've never been to their message boards, but if this is true, someone should make a post about it paralleling the similarities between Buckley Jr. and Paul. It's bound to sway a few board members ;)

I sent an email contrasting their two positions to one of the two contributors that aren't rabidly anti-Paul. This person agreed with my position but stated that it wouldn't pass the NRO sniff test for publishing on The Corner.

They have a forum that's for staff and regular contributors only called the corner, but it doesn't really have any other web 2.0 aspects.

Derb answered one mail he received which asked, "What issues would a young William Buckley Jr have disagreed with Ron Paul about?" To which he answered, "Not much"

here's the post. http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZTk2MjQ0NTY1N2IyOTVkMTU1YWZjZDQ4MjExMzdkYjg=

James R
11-13-2007, 10:48 PM
That reminds me of an accounting teacher I had in college, when he said something like...
"There was a window between us and manufacturing... I would look out and see the manufacturing guys looking at me with a look like... what are you lookin' at, get to work? And then I'd look back at them like... I'm lookin' at you... what are you lookin' at, get to work!

We look at the media, and they look right back. I'm sure we've been looking at them a lot more than they look at us :)

Brian Bailey
11-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Everyone of note has people spying on us.
They would be out of their minds not to.

Problem is, there is nothing they can do with it except whine.
First and foremost because truth and honesty does not shun light.
And because they are all structurally unable to react quickly enough to our actions.
Top-down can't effectively counter thousand of individuals going in the same direction, while chosing unique and unexpected paths.

The only vulnerability to us is over-organization - that's what HQ is for.
Hence, we can do both organized stuff and unexpected jabs - fun and highly effective.

Nice.

Badger Paul
11-13-2007, 10:58 PM
David Frum is a scumbag and a liar and hope he's reading this right now.

MS0453
11-13-2007, 11:04 PM

Keyword is young. If you'd like a better understanding of what Buckley is or has become, just search his name on lewrockwell.com

work2win
11-13-2007, 11:43 PM
http://i3.tinypic.com/7wpzlfo.jpg

chrismatthews
11-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Keyword is young. If you'd like a better understanding of what Buckley is or has become, just search his name on lewrockwell.com

Yeah, although i'm not going to rant on bill buckley, at one time he was the only conservative icon holding back the tide.