PDA

View Full Version : A slimmed down version of RonPaul2008 for the 15th/16th?

v0id
11-13-2007, 08:39 PM
It'd be really disappointing to see the donation drive disrupted by the Web site not being able to handle the load (possibly crashing repeatedly).

I think people are vastly underestimating how much donating will take place and the number of people who will be watching the main page, even if not donating.

It seems it would make sense to have a slimmed down version of the page ready, with the graphics intensive content (at least some of it) removed. You could possibly have text stating something along the lines of:

"We apologize, but because of the intense server load on the site, due to a massive amount of donations taking place, the content of the site has been simplified to decrease the server load. This site will resume normal operations on December 17th. If you'd like to learn more about Ron Paul, click here." [link leading to a site in another location].

I don't know what the capacity is, but I hope they have plans for a situation like this.
Possibly even a backup location for donations..

TechnoGuyRob
11-13-2007, 08:43 PM
I agree. There will be a LOT more visitors that day for donations than finding out about Ron Paul; a LOT more.

Indy Vidual
11-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Do we have a way to forward really good ideas to HQ?
I know they are busy.

Ethek
11-13-2007, 08:45 PM
I agree. There will be a LOT more visitors that day for donations than finding out about Ron Paul; a LOT more.

Also lots of media will be looking at the site. Its lost coverage if the site is down.

jd603
11-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Already mentioned this to the campaign directly, plan to work with them on load-balancing and mirror of the site (in case one data center fails).

Adamsa
11-13-2007, 08:46 PM
It handled November 5, I'm sure they're ready for the tidal wave of December 16.

krott5333
11-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Already mentioned this to the campaign directly, plan to work with them on load-balancing and mirror of the site (in case one data center fails).

thank you good sir.

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/highfive.gif