PDA

View Full Version : Wonkette and RedState joining forces?

LinearChaos
11-13-2007, 08:32 PM
It appears that an alliance has formed between Wonkette and RedState:

http:// wonkette.com/politics/bipartisanship/an-open-letter-to-redstatecom-322141.php

http:// redstate.com/stories/elections/2008/to_wonkette_re_an_open_letter_to_redstate_com

Combined, their Alexa rating might be higher than www.ronpaulforums.com! :eek: You've been warned! ;)

Sorry for the double post :(

steph3n
11-13-2007, 08:33 PM
keep it to your gen pol topic

edit: nm :)

pcosmar
11-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Break The Links
Don"t Feed Them.

Anonymous
11-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Well, this is simple to fix.

Go here (http://www.ic3.gov/),

and fill out a form stating their premeditated harassment.

Don't even entertain this, what they are planning is harassment plain and simple. Call the police.

This isn't the "wimpy way out". Now isn't the time for machoism, showing how much more powerful we are.

I HAVE NO TOLERANCE FOR IMMORAL TACTICS LIKE THIS. I will debate them on philosophy, but not sit here and "wage war".

LibertyOfOne
11-13-2007, 08:44 PM

Don't even entertain this, what they are planning is harassment plain and simple. Call the police.

This isn't the "wimpy way out". Now isn't the time for machoism, showing how much more powerful we are.

I HAVE NO TOLERANCE FOR IMMORAL TACTICS LIKE THIS. I will debate them on philosophy, but not sit here and "wage war".

No Thanks.

steph3n
11-13-2007, 08:45 PM

one word describes this: blowback

blowback from ron paul supporter stupidity pissing off the internet

pcosmar
11-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Not clicking links.
It sounds like a two headed chicken.

Lord Xar
11-13-2007, 08:48 PM
why is reporting this a bad thing?

Anonymous
11-13-2007, 08:52 PM

blowback from ron paul supporter stupidity pissing off the internet

"Blowback" isn't an argument.

If your saying "we caused this" then you may well be right, but that does not mean that premeditated harassment isn't a crime.

Or do you mean that they might try the same tactics (Reporting to Police)? This still does not hold water. If we have elements in our movement that want to harass people to push the message they should deal with the police, whether or not we notify the authorities is unrelated to that.

Your argument is a non-sequitor, it does not offer a counter argument, all it does is detract from the issue.

pcosmar
11-13-2007, 08:53 PM
I have long felt that both parties were just puppets dancing on the strings of an invisible master.
These opposed hacks teaming up reinforces that.

LinearChaos
11-13-2007, 08:54 PM

blowback from ron paul supporter stupidity pissing off the internetThey bred the "stupidity" themselves imo, by being jerks for months. Once they cut off RP, their traffic tanked. That makes me think that there were more than just RP Supporters on there, there were lurkers who read the smearing on RedState too. I honestly don't think that the lurkers were there to read the smears and agree with them, but to read comments from the "Paulbots" taking them to task. The day after RedState cut off the debate re: Ron Paul, it's Alexa rating plummeted. This forum surpassed both of them on Alexa right before the 5th.

steph3n
11-13-2007, 08:58 PM
They bred the "stupidity" themselves imo, by being jerks for months. Once they cut off RP, their traffic tanked. That makes me think that there were more than just RP Supporters on there, there were lurkers who read the smearing on RedState too. I honestly don't think that the lurkers were there to read the smears and agree with them, but to read comments from the "Paulbots" taking them to task. The day after RedState cut off the debate re: Ron Paul, it's Alexa rating plummeted. This forum surpassed both of them on Alexa right before the 5th.

I am talking about the continual abuse of free services like Digg as well. People that couldn't see this as abuses are truly blind, all you do is PISS OFF the regular visitors, then get yourself banned along with all other mentions.

LinearChaos
11-13-2007, 09:07 PM
I am talking about the continual abuse of free services like Digg as well. People that couldn't see this as abuses are truly blind, all you do is PISS OFF the regular visitors, then get yourself banned along with all other mentions.

and they all end up here :)

Anonymous
11-13-2007, 09:07 PM

But spamming polls, allthough immoral is not illegal.

Premeditated intent to harass an identifiable group is illegal, and under many interpretations of the law a hate crime.

What would Ron Paul do?

I think he would talk to his enemies, and show them how what they are doing is wrong.

Just because we are guilty of Spamming and "rouge attacks" does not mean that our argument is flawed! There is no such thing as a hypocrite in logical debate.

LibertyOfOne
11-13-2007, 09:08 PM
why is reporting this a bad thing?

It's not a crime by any stretch of the imagination. I find it sick that people want to use government force to get their way.

MS0453
11-13-2007, 09:10 PM
It's not a crime by any stretch of the imagination. I find it sick that people want to use government force to get their way.

Agreed. It's the total opposite of what we're fighting for.

Anonymous
11-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Agreed. It's the total opposite of what we're fighting for.

Then someone needs to step up to a leadership role, and begin diplomatic talks with these people.

steph3n
11-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Then someone needs to step up to a leadership role, and begin diplomatic talks with these people.

there is likely no chance because they get invaded by supporters needing a little better maturity.
Sorry guys but this is true.

LinearChaos
11-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Um, the wonkette poster said they would play the Stalin role. I don't think that they are interested in negotiation.

Non-interventionist I say :) Methinks that there is a strong defense at places like this. No need to go pick fights now I guess, they are going to come to us.

Sure they are.

LinearChaos
11-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Not saying that I do. I've never posted at either of them.

pcosmar
11-13-2007, 09:22 PM

You cannot have a rational discussion with an irrational person.

literatim
11-13-2007, 09:23 PM

Excuse me? I am very much a regular user on there. My account has been on there since around mid-2005. In fact, it was Digg's regular users that rocketed Ron Paul onto the internet.

Digg is suppose to be a democratic news site where the users get to vote for the news that they want on top.

steph3n
11-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Excuse me? I am very much a regular user on there. My account has been on there since around mid-2005. In fact, it was Digg's regular users that rocketed Ron Paul onto the internet.

Digg is suppose to be a democratic news site where the users get to vote for the news that they want on top.

posting 100 articles a day pisses people off.

literatim
11-13-2007, 09:30 PM

No it doesn't, as it isn't common to see a ton of articles on all topics and most stay on the bottom, completely out of sight. The only people that get mad are the liberals that run around on the internet who are completely dumb-founded that not just liberals hate Bush and company.

steph3n
11-13-2007, 09:31 PM
No it doesn't as it isn't common to see a ton of articles on all topics and most stay on the bottom, completely out of sight. The only people that get mad are the liberals that run around on the internet, in which there are plenty.

yes, it does, look at the recent bans for proof. It pissed off thousands and the digg management cut the strings due to complaints continually, it goes both ways you know.

literatim
11-13-2007, 09:37 PM
yes, it does, look at the recent bans for proof. It pissed off thousands and the digg management cut the strings due to complaints continually, it goes both ways you know.

I adjusted my post some.

There are two major strain of Digg users, the libertarians and liberals.

Ron Paul opened Pandora's Box. What was nothing but a Bush bashing fest by both of them has now been turned into a debate of every aspect of politics. All these liberals are completely dumb founded that the same people that filled up the populace and bashed Bush with them weren't liberal at all, but paleo-cons and libertarians. Neither side gets along and both argue continuously in Digg comments and that fact alone pisses off the liberals who do not like confrontation in what they thought was liberal safe-haven.

Kevin Rose is known to be a liberal and this isn't the first time he has censored something he doesn't believe is kosher.

pcosmar
11-13-2007, 09:47 PM

Try checking I-Pod or DRM, several other topics that have 100s of posts.
Digg is like that.

LinearChaos
11-13-2007, 09:57 PM
So does blackballing a presidential candidate.