PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul should coSponsor Walter Jones bill to Impeach Obama

skyorbit
03-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Technically it's a bill to impeach any president that violates the war powers act. It would give him some clout with Republicans for sure wouldn't you think?

Tracy

GeorgiaAvenger
03-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Yes!

kathy88
03-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Man that would start some fun wouldn't it?

skyorbit
03-11-2012, 07:40 PM
We should all contact his congressional office and ask him to do it.

frickettz
03-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Yesss, the campaign needs to do something bold and get back into the spot light.

Okie RP fan
03-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Couldn't hurt a thing, so, why not?

wgadget
03-11-2012, 08:20 PM
I just read an article about this somewhere and they quoted Ron an awful lot. It would give him a platform to speak out against the tyrannical state we've become.

economics102
03-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Kinda pointless to impeach a president who will be up for re-election so soon.

Unless Ron were to say, "well, I'm the only candidate who can beat Obama, and just in case I'm not the nominee, I want to get started with impeachment right away!"

Or he can say, "the last Republican president involved us in unconstitutional wars too. And I fear the other three GOP contenders would do the same. So this act will probably be necessary to impeach the next president, whether it's Obama, Romney, Gingrich, or Santorum. Especially Santorum!"

Would be fun to get a headline like "Presidential Candidate Ron Paul already planning to impeach his fellow candidates." :)

J_White
03-11-2012, 09:47 PM
it would be good for some media coverage and show the general rebulicans that Paul is serious.
but donno how the media and other candidates would spin it.

on the other hand, this might also happen -
Paul supports impeachement, media ignores it.
then Newt jumps onto the bandwagon and say he would like to see Obama impeached - then the media would give him all the coverage.

so it may or may not be good.

arsenius
03-12-2012, 09:01 AM
He should absolutely do it. It is 100% in line with his message, and I was actually sad to find out he didn't do it first!

specsaregood
03-12-2012, 09:05 AM
./

Athan
03-12-2012, 09:07 AM
As a Texas Representative, he should co-sponsor on behalf of the Constitution and violation of the war powers act.

DEGuy
03-12-2012, 09:11 AM
The bill would make any president accountable, and make starting wars without congressional approval an impeachable offense. After what Panetta said last week, this is an absolute must. It's about time Congress did something to reassert the power that the executive office has been taking one piece at a time. Unfortunately, the Democrats would probably oppose this bill by wrongly calling it a political charade to impeach the president.

Paul Or Nothing II
03-12-2012, 10:10 AM
knowing the fact that Ron has said many times that Obama has violated war-powers esolution as well as Constitution, I think he'll vote Yay

BUT if Obama is impeached then it mayn't be so good for our campaign, because that'll either clear the path for Republicans to win the WH without Paul because of the ignominy brought to the Democratic Party OR they could put up Hillary, & then she wins the election with her "womanhood"
Ron Paul has a clear path to attack Obama because of all things he's done over his tenure, plus, there will be plenty of disgruntled Indies & Dems on offer Paul, which is what gives us more bargaining power within GOP but if it's Hillary then things could change a little & reduce our bargaining-power within GOP

I don't know, I think Obama is a better target for us :confused:

angelatc
03-12-2012, 10:21 AM
No, I don't think so. It is a charade, the GOP would love to violate the war powers act and are just jealous that Obama had the balls to do it first.

I don't think he was first. Didn't Bush I go into Panama? And Reagan specifically avoided Congress before going into Grenada, IIRC.

specsaregood
03-12-2012, 10:39 AM
./

Publicani
03-12-2012, 10:43 AM
If I were Ron Paul, I wouldn't cosponsor this bill, because it weakens the Constitution. What's next? Cosponsor a bill confirming the first amendment? Second amendment?

03-12-2012, 10:46 AM
It's not a bill. It's a sense of congress resolution. It has no force in the law.

In easy terms, if it passed by majority and Obama invades Syria, nothing happens.

Matthew5
03-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Yes, Ron should co-sponsor this. I couldn't see an impeachment trial taking long, since the evidence is rather large. Not like tracking down a blue dress. ;)

It would be utter chaos for the Democrats though.

Liberty74
03-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Yes!!!

Ron must throw the base a juicy steak.

He might a well. We all know he supports the impeachment.

He must use this opportunity to reverse his high negatives within the base which is 50-60% unfavorables. This Bill could help him decrease his unfavorables and increase his favorables.

Darthbrooklyn
03-12-2012, 11:05 AM
The thought of any president putting our men and women of the military in harms way under any flag other than the US is truly despicable. When our military servicemen and women signed up for military service , they did it to fight for our country, not for NATO or the UN.. This is disgusting.

jkob
03-12-2012, 11:12 AM
100% he should be pushing for impeachment, it doesn't matter how long Barack has left in office

jbauer
03-12-2012, 12:00 PM
I doubt it could hurt his campaign. Its in line with his message and I pokes fun of how no one really follows their oaths of office.

Give'r hell Ron

ZenBowman
03-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Might not be a great strategy. I hope Jones makes some headway, but Paul shouldn't attach himself to it at this point, he has a fair amount of support from independents and even antiwar Democrats, and it doesn't make sense to antagonize them at this point.

GunnyFreedom
03-12-2012, 12:39 PM
He should do it. It's the first Impeachment I have seen that is raised for the correct reasons, it cites issues that the independents and antiwar democrats agree with us on, it will toss the red-team Republicans some red meat that will assuage their consciences to vote for him, and it supports his friend and personal convert Walter Jones in a time of extreme controversy.

qh4dotcom
03-12-2012, 01:18 PM
I doubt he is going to co-sponsor it...he's not willing to impeach Obama over his ineligibility nor all the other trashing of the Constitution since he took office.

PreDeadMan
03-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Go for it Ron!! Impeach the warmonger!

nasaal
03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Did he attempt to impeach Bush for doing the same thing? If not, then it would kind of look like party politics. Which Ron Paul is supposed to not play. He said we should impeach Clinton as well for similar reasons.

Tiso0770
03-12-2012, 02:27 PM
It would prove Ron Paul is serious of what he is saying to America, doesn't he as a congressman, have the obligation to co-sign such bills?. then again the MSM might spin it into a Political campaign strategy.

I say sign it Ron....walk the walk.

nedomedo
03-12-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't agree with this. Technically all presidents should be impeached. RP has a lot of support from the left, this will make him look bad in the eyes of our left leaning soft supporters.

alucard13mmfmj
03-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Ron pushing for impeachment of Obama would make Republicans LOVE HIM. Think about it. Most Republicans really really really really hate Obama.

jmdrake
03-12-2012, 02:50 PM
I doubt he is going to co-sponsor it...he's not willing to impeach Obama over his ineligibility nor all the other trashing of the Constitution since he took office.

Wrong. Ron Paul said the killing of Al Awlaki was possibly an impeachable offense.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65035.html

Cap
03-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Time to walk the walk. Ron should definitely co-sponsor. It is a matter pf principle.

jbauer
03-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Well here's my congresswomans response: (glad she took the time to pay an intern to grab the pre-written script and reply) something that doesn't regularly happen.

Dear Josh,

Thank you for bringing H.Con.Res 107, "Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensivemilitary force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutesan impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under Article II, section 4 of the Constitution," to my attention.I appreciated hearing your thoughts on this issue and I have asked my staff to keep me apprised of anydevelopments in this regard. Should this matter come before the House for a vote I will keep your thoughtsin mind.

It is an honor to serve Tennessee's 6th Congressional District. If you wish to share additional informationwith me concerning this or any other issue, please feel free to contact me or staff at (202) 225-4231or through email by going to my website at http://black.house.gov.

skyorbit
03-14-2012, 11:37 PM
So, how do we get this to Ron Paul's congressional offices' attention?

GeorgiaAvenger
03-15-2012, 10:03 AM
bump

floridasun1983
03-15-2012, 10:09 AM
I think the main idea here is that Ron needs to do SOMETHING that will make a national splash and warm the GOP "base" up to him. They really have done absolutely nothing in that regard for months.

Standing Liberty
03-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Yes. Ron Paul should co sponsor this. Of course there have been so many violations of the Constitution by this Pres and the last, it may look like a political move. But hey, better now than never. It seems like a good opportunity.

John F Kennedy III
03-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Do it Ron!

moderate libertarian
03-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Not a bad idea.