PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh and the Tea Party

Furis
11-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Ok, I listen to Rush on occasion and he has a HUGE audience. I know he isn't endorsing anyone. (well I don't think he is anyway)

He used to have an "Open Line Friday" where people could call in and talk about what they wanted to.

I suggest using Open Line Friday to promote the Tea Party Money Bomb. Sadly, I can't do it due to my Friday schedule.

Any Thoughts???
Any Takers???

Benaiah
11-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Sure. Every time I try calling, it's busy. I'll try Friday, though.

Furis
11-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Bump, lots of views 1 comment.

Opinions?

MsDoodahs
11-13-2007, 09:40 PM
I don't listen to Rush.

Abyss19562
11-13-2007, 09:42 PM
I don't listen to Rush, never have and never will. He's a fake conservative and a Bush boot licker neo-con. He doesn't deserve my call.

icon57
11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Limbaugh is very pro-war & would likely say negative things about Ron because of it. Limbaugh is NOT in any way Libertarian or sympathic to Libertarian ideas. There are many on the Republican side who take his word as "God". I would recommend calling Glen Bleck who likes many of Ron Paul's ideas or harrassing Sean Hannity instead.

Tidewise
11-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I don't listen to Rush, never have and never will. He's a fake conservative and a Bush boot licker neo-con. He doesn't deserve my call.

QFT

Furis
11-13-2007, 09:54 PM
I say Rush because he hasn't outright bashed Ron and he has millions of listeners, not all of them are apathetic or warmongers.

I personally think there is still hope for Rush.

RPinSEAZ
11-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah, Rush loves the war and will pretty much rip apart anybody who doesn't profess the same beliefs.

Mark Rushmore
11-13-2007, 09:55 PM
After the painkiller arrest, the fact that he continues to have his audience is about the most disheartening thought about America I can conjure. It has nothing to do with the drugs, solely the naked hypocrisy.

LaPaulite
11-13-2007, 09:55 PM
He'll probally cut you out before the delay so they never hear it on air.

chipvogel
11-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Rush Limbaugh has a different agenda and it isn't promoting long established conservative values.

Talk radio is a business and there is an audience that just enjoys bashing liberals.
I think if you call in you'll be labeled a liberal and just add to the ratings of that show.

richard1984
11-13-2007, 10:01 PM
After the painkiller arrest, the fact that he continues to have his audience is about the most disheartening thought about America I can conjure. It has nothing to do with the drugs, solely the naked hypocrisy.

I second this comment. It blows my mind that my dad--who has always been paranoid about me doing anything wrong, especially stuff like drugs...--never changed his opinion about Rush, even after the oxycodone addiction. It shows a level of irrationality that I just cannot understand or relate to.

Also, I don't like Rush (for reasons similar to the others' reasons).

me3
11-13-2007, 10:03 PM
I'll never understand the irrational need to confront the neocons when Dr. Paul has such a low profile with everyone else.

Fight the battles you can win, not the battles of attrition you will lose.

Jerome
11-13-2007, 10:12 PM

Naked anything with Rush is a bad idea.

seapilot
11-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Rush should love Dr. Paul, he's the only candidate running that could write him a prescription for his painkillers.

Primbs
11-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Dr. Paul defended Rush during his problem. Rush also has Walter Williams on as a guest host.

Savage is upset that we are in an undeclared war as well.

Primbs
11-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Dr. Paul defended Rush during his problem. Rush also has Walter Williams on as a guest host.

EvilEngineer
11-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Only call if Jason Lewis is hosting Rush's show. He's much more libertarian minded.

stewie3128
11-14-2007, 04:13 AM
Call Rush and ask what we can do to get the rot out of the beltway and the Washington system in general. He'll go on a rant of some sort, and then you can say "you know, Ron Paul supports all those things you just mentioned."

At that point, he may cut you off, but if you keep your tone light and considerate, he'll want to talk to you and have fun. That's the way it used to be on open line Friday, and every once in a while, that side of Rush comes back out into the light.

We should use this to our advantage, though... he's got 15 million listeners!!

Libertarian
11-14-2007, 05:20 AM
Guys it doesn't matter what Rush says in response. Once you say Ron Paul's name on the air, you immediately generate interest among thousands of voters. Perhaps if you keep it short and sweet ("Ron Paul is offering a revolutionary message...and he is a TRUE conservative!") Get in a good word like that before Rush cuts you off, and you will send thousands of people to google to find out more about RP. What Rush says next is irrelevant. The damage (to the neocons) has been done. ;)

When those listeners see RP's message, a good number will be converted. I was able to convince my dittohead dad and brother without much work. :)

icon57
11-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Listening to Limbaugh is like listening to a broken record. He repeats the same lines about democrats over and over to point of insanity. If he actually took time to address some real issues like our national debt, the declining dollar and standard of living, unconstitutional foreign intervention, the proposed economic merger with canada/mexico then it might be more interesting. Get some new material Limbaugh, you sound stale and dated.