PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul "movement"

rscard
11-13-2007, 07:56 PM
The activity and support for Ron Paul on this forum and across the web is phenomenal. I believe that we truly have a chance to change our country for the better as it has never been changed. For far too long, we have all been faced with the lesser of two evil votes in all elections. Ron Paul is the right person for the presidential race and obviously has all of our support, but how about all of the other important races? What can Ron Paul accomplish without some friendly faces in Congress and the Senate? How about state reps and senators? We have an opportunity here that I believe we need to capitalize on. We need to organize and support other Paul supporters for every office that one is willing to run for! We need people who know that Ron Paul’s beliefs are the way our country needs to move to run for office. We need a way to notify the Ron Paul supporters that there are other candidates who have fully agreed with Ron Paul's policies that need their time and financial support. There is not much time for getting names on ballots for Congressional primaries but in most states it can still be done. A lot of work will need to be done in a short timeframe, but it would be the start of a movement to get our government back in control that can be continued for all future elections. Another positive is that having candidates stand for Ron Paul’s policy in numerous races will gain Ron Paul more publicity and help his race for President.

derdy
11-13-2007, 08:02 PM
I think this will all carry over and get more people involved in government. I also think this movement will spread across the globe. It already has actually.

noxagol
11-13-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm seriously considering a run at state rep here in Illinois. Could use that to spring board into a federal seat or govenor and then president myself heh.

AlexMerced
11-13-2007, 08:12 PM
I plan on tearing it up in New York, I'll be talking more about it after the election is over, for now, paul is my focus

Goldwater Conservative
11-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Agreed. I think no matter what happens, the political landscape is changing dramatically. I can see a bunch of Paul-like candidates running for Congress and state legislatures in 2010. The Goldwater Revolution just won't die. :D

derdy
11-13-2007, 08:33 PM
I plan on running for a House seat.:D