PDA

View Full Version : OPINION: Don't underestimate Ron Paul's appeal

kathy88
03-11-2012, 07:43 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opinion/columnists/fl-kgcol-oped0311-20120311,0,7208938.column

A recent Wall Street Journal-NBC News poll should send a message to the establishments of both major political parties: Don't underestimate the Ron Paul phenomenon. It has the potential of shaking up the American political system for decades to come.

opinionatedfool
03-11-2012, 08:21 AM
I wish more people would start waking up to that fact...

ILUVRP
03-11-2012, 08:23 AM
RP has the young vote ( if they would just vote ) . they are much smarter the people give them credit for.

he is missing a lot of the middle age voters in that their main concern is the price of gas , he must talk about how he would get the price of gas ( crude oil ) down , $60/ba crude oil, $1.60/gal gas, $170/bal diesel fuel. i will repeat please read about the Enron loophole and crude oil trading on ICE, rasing the margin requirement from 6% to 75% and making contracts for delivery only would let crude oil trade for what its really worth, this will pick up millions of middle age voters.

as for the seniors , they are mainly worried about soc sec , he must tell how he would fix the system to last a very long time , and how long it would take to reach the goals. that would pick up millions of senior votes.

talking about liberty all the time is great but people vote their pocket book first and formost.

drilling and pipe lines are great but long term.

HigherVision
03-11-2012, 08:28 AM
That's true. I wish he would talk about the utility of his platform more than just the philosophy of it. Older people aren't as idealistic and he doesn't appeal to their self-interest enough. That's why Milton Friedman was so profound in my opinion. He wasn't as dead on about money and banking as the Austrians were but he was good at talking to everyday people about the measurable benefits of a free market beyond just the philosophy of it.