PDA

View Full Version : Review 3/10/12: County Republican Roundtable Meeting

tony m
03-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Original strategy post for this meeting - http://www.dailypaul.com/219746/my-meeting-with-our-county-r...

Review of Erie County NY State Republican Roundtable Meeting 3/10/12

Ok, so the visuals strategy didn't get going as planned, however adapting to what was happening worked its way into putting on the spot - the NY Republican Chairman, Ed Cox.

When we arrived there were many of the big boys present. Cox (a surprise show), some NY Senators and Assembly, and some regular county legislators.

The main event of the meeting concerned the three candidates to run against U.S. Senator Gillibrand. I contacted the two moderators [legislators] a couple of days ago to ask about how the questions were going to be asked. Legislator Hardwick emailed me and stated that my county chair is going to screen the questions. I could bet this was to slow down the Liberty presence at this meeting especially because of our dominance at the last Roundtable.

So before the meeting I met some attendees and then went up to our county chair and gave him my three questions to ask of the candidates. Well, they never used them. They also never used any of the questions from fellow Paulers. Only beach balls were tossed that had responses which did not distinguish the candidates as moving forward from where we presently are.

My three questions were:
Do you believe the U.S. Constitution should be strictly adhered to?
Are you for repealing the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 after our transition using competing currencies?
Are you for Presidential Executive Orders?

But what was the highlight of this Roundtable meeting? Mr. Cox spoke and after which our county chair bravely asked for questions from the floor. There next was a delay, and no hands were raised. Finally there was a hand and a nothing question. Then again there was another delay with no hands. So I start to think, geez, are people afraid to ask this guy anything? I mean, it’s the state chair who is not a regular attendee. This is special.

So I figure it’s time to get some fireworks lit. Here I am casually standing in the back leaning against the bar, dressed in black wearing a tie, sipping my coffee and eating a donut. I quickly put down my coffee, get my arm in the air, and walk forward a few feet so they know I am done munching and ready to get down to business.

To make sure everyone across the large room could hear me, I loudly ask Ed if he is willing to send a letter backing a full 100% audit of the Federal Reserve to any Congressman. Well, he never said yes to sending a letter, however his response indicated he is for the audit.

After this response, there was silence again. Our chairman says to the crowd, “Are there any more questions? Are we being shy?”

He almost went on the other business when, boom, up goes another arm. Who is it? Well, wouldn’t you know it, another Ron Paul person, a female Air Force veteran and OathKeeper, who is also dressed in black.

Poor Ed! This is not his morning in Erie County. The lady asks Mr. Cox ‘what does he think about a global currency replacing the American dollar?’ Ed did not know we are Ron Paul people and went on to enthusiastically educate us on how well the dollar is doing and will continue to be the world’s currency.

Ed’s expertise did not impress the lady. She clued him in that there are countries that don’t want to use the dollar anymore.

Ed salvaged his career by courageously stating that the dollar is getting stronger. If Mr. Cox was expecting applause, the room was met with the endearing segway of silence, again. Our chairman turned out to be his hero by ending the onslaught of questions that Mr. Cox, I’m sure, wished were screened before he stepped up to the microphone.

Hmm… not the usual “power puff” question, hey Ed? The overwhelming majority of those present were the standard Republican followers. They came across like we should honor the state Republican chair with more silence than rapport, as a show of respect than to ask core questions. We Ron Paul folks feel Ed should attend one of our sign waves where our shooting the bull would educate him on the doctoral level concerning the dire reality of our monetary situation. I would think that Mr. Cox does not have questions of this nature asked of him consistently, if at all. Welcome to our world Ed.

In conclusion, I received two compliments on the questions from attendees, which is a good sign.

I told Mr. Cox after the event that I am looking forward to seeing him again next Friday. I found Ed to be a fine friendly fellow. We then gathered our information needed to attend the New York state convention this coming Friday. This is where the state committee people will vote to choose which of these three aforementioned candidates will be the Republican candidate to run for United States Senator.

Why attend this convention? Can we say, Meet and Greet the state committee people who will be choosing who the 35 At-Large delegates for the National Republican convention?...

It’s strategy, my boy – all about strategy.