PDA

View Full Version : Fires of Dissent

PolicyReader
03-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Fires of Dissent (http://cvrp2012.com/) <-- Click Here to view the authors site from which I'm quoting.

The following poem is dedicated to Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich, Barack Obama and the rest of the war-mongering-yet-never-served-chickenhawk-politicians. Especially you, Rick.

Allow me to first clarify something: I am NOT anti-war. Sometimes, there is a legitimate threat to the people of this nation. When those times occur, we ask only that our government give us a clear and defined mission, that a Declaration of War is made by Congress and that you let us bring the full might of the American Military to bear upon the enemy, let us fight to win, not with our hands bound by red tape and bureaucratic bullshit. Let us destroy the enemy and return home when the task is completed. I assure you, the American Military is still quite capable of winning wars, if we are allowed to fight them the way we know how and we are actually guided by our Constitution that we swore an oath to defend.

No, I am not anti-war.

I am, however, opposed to the unconstitutional, unnecessary, undeclared “wars” promoted by the political hacks who have never had the guts to put their own ass on the line, yet don’t bat an eye at sending other people’s son’s and daughters to be maimed and killed in some foreign land that poses no threat to our national security.

I’m talking to you, the politicians who have broken the oath that you took when you were sworn into office. You have taken brothers from me, men that were closer than family. Your policies have left an epidemic of suicides, depression and broken homes across this great nation. All because you chose power and position over honor and loyalty.

And, as l much as I hate to admit it, these warriors have died in vain. Their deaths were unnecessary. They trusted in you, our elected lawmakers to make the right decisions… and you failed their trust in the worst way possible. For that, I will never forgive you.

Fires of Dissent

The rhetoric sounds familiar,
And we’ve heard it all before,
You beat the drums and pump your fist,
And make your case for war.

It’s easy to sell destruction,
When your own kids won’t have to bleed,
And your own body won’t be broken,
By the war machine you feed.

And it’s all just a game to you,
Just numbers on a screen,
And the body count’s not real to you,
And you’ll never hear the screams.

Of the children and the mothers,
Whose fathers and sons you’ll take,
With lies and propaganda,
And decisions that you make.

But those of us who’ve been there,
And fought your dirty little wars,
Can see through your eyes and your disguise,
As you cry out again for more.

And the message that we have for you,
Is simple and it’s clear,
Our voices won’t be silenced,
Your threats we do not fear.

You are nothing but menial servants,
Elected to represent,
And if you wish to keep your jobs,
We suggest that you repent.

Because I promise we’ll be watching you,
And I promise we don’t forget,
The lives you crush to gain your fame,
Will fan the fires of dissent.

And I hope you can feed your family,
When you’re a jobless and failed man,
And I wonder how you’ll sleep at night,
With the blood that stains your hands?

Our animosity it runs deep,
And our memory it is long,
You should consider this a warning,
Veiled in a song.

You’ve sacrificed our trust,
And put our backs against the wall,
And every bomb you drop and life you end,
Is a vote for Dr. Paul.

by Nick Allison

Nick Allison served as a squad leader with 1-21 IN, 25th ID, US Army from 2001-2005, including a 14 month combat tour in Northern Iraq. He lives in Austin, TX with his wife, son and two dogs. Email Nick at nick.cvrp@gmail.com.

http://cvrp2012.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/cvrpbanner.jpg?w=640&h=226

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZRRvV-kGdM&feature=youtu.be

DerailingDaTrain
03-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Set to a beat that would be an epic song. Did you write this or is this from another site?

Edit: Posted to my FB wall. Seriously that is epic...

PolicyReader
03-10-2012, 03:25 PM
I am in no way being overly dramatic when I state that for many of our brothers and sisters (as well as many individuals in nations outside the borders of the USA) this cause is literally a matter of life and death. I cannot and will not write off this election here and now for political gamesmanship or prospective opportunities in theoretical future situations. What poll numbers, what odds can justify letting others pay in blood the price for waiting? Each of us must make our own decision in this, and I do not pretend to have the right to speak for anyone other than myself but I say damn the odds and hang who may "hate us" for speaking out.
I know how politics works, I know how the game is played and I'll play it to win it which includes being civil in how one presents oneself and ideas but that being said, I do not hold respect of chickenhawks in public office, whether that office is President or PCO. I will work with them as I need to to further Liberty but I won't pander and I won't compromise. Most importantly I WILL NOT give up.
Do you support the troops? Do you care about children having holes cut in their families? Are you part of the grassroots that is going to step up when the fight gets hard?

This is not rhetoric, this is reality and it's happening right now.
What are you doing about it? (you don't have to answer to me or anyone else, just yourself, but I urge you to ask the question)

PolicyReader
03-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Set to a beat that would be an epic song. Did you write this or is this from another site?

Edit: Posted to my FB wall. Seriously that is epic...
The top of the first post links to the site it is quoted from. Nick is a friend of mine and I wanted to share his words here in grassroots central to help others understand why I say press on whatever the odds. Why now matters more than later and why what I think of the management of the Official Campaign is totally irrelevant to how hard I'll fight for this. Sometimes people forget (or seem to forget) how real this is, how blood flows while these policies stand. This isn't theory, these are peoples lives.
I'm privileged to know some of the individuals who've sworn to defend our nation against threats foreign and domestic. And while I'm not enlisted and won't be deployed to the foreign nations where they put their lives on the line I can stand with them here in the domestic challenges and really I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I didn't. I express my gratitude for their service, for how they've stood up for me and my rights, by trying my best to return the favor here at home and stand up for their rights by electing someone who won't take them away from their families to die in undeclared and undefined wars.

It's also why I sometimes get emotional about the subject, freedom and life aren't abstract (at least not to me) they're being lost right now and I want that to stop.

Thanks for commenting here and sharing this elsewhere :) I hope you'll spread the link to the website around so Nick, Adam and the others who write there can reach a wider portion of the population.

DerailingDaTrain
03-10-2012, 05:48 PM
bump

Johnny Appleseed
03-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Mother Theresa said she would never attend an anti-war rally but she would a peace rally. Thanks for sharing!

Indy Vidual
03-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Mother Theresa said she would never attend an anti-war rally but she would a peace rally. Thanks for sharing!

peace rally

r3volution
03-10-2012, 06:50 PM
wow , great piece .

pen_thief
03-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Love it. Last stanza was epic!!

jay_dub
03-10-2012, 07:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGPD0ZBiMs0

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/if-They-Gave-War-and-Nobody-Came-Vintage-Anti-War-Peace-Poster-1970-/00/s/MTAyNFg2MjM=/$(KGrHqR,!lgE5uuTHB48BOtyc(yEn!~~60_3.JPG

jolynna
03-10-2012, 07:33 PM
+ Rep for PolicyReader's post and for starting this thread.

I am with you 100% and will do my part to fight for this cause tooth and nail. It is Ron Paul or war.

In my opinion.

PolicyReader
03-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Thank you all for commenting (helps more folks view the post :) ) and please share with any Paul supporters you know (even if you're in a state that's voted there's still work you can do in this election) or folks who support our troops but don't yet understand Dr. Paul (there are many things written on the main site if you want to show them that, it's a good read IMO).

DerailingDaTrain
03-11-2012, 01:39 AM
524 views and only 12 replies? Disgraceful. BUMP!

PolicyReader
03-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Now is the time grassroots, step up and make a stand in 2012. Stand up for your liberties, your freedom, and the men and women who are fighting for it.

Now is the time to get involved and Do Something

CaseyJones
03-11-2012, 01:55 PM
ya someone put this to music please

PolicyReader
03-11-2012, 02:02 PM
If anyone wants to set this to music I might be able to get it hosted on the cvrp site :)

DerailingDaTrain
03-11-2012, 03:51 PM
If anyone wants to set this to music I might be able to get it hosted on the cvrp site :)

Challenge accepted.

DerailingDaTrain
03-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Why isn't something so epic getting more attention? Bump

jbauer
03-11-2012, 07:54 PM
bump, keep it at the top.

Anyone send it to the Dailypaul?

kathy88
03-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Moved to tears. Will share every chance I get.

PolicyReader
03-11-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't think it's shown up on the DailyPaul yet, please do share freely (and please include the link to the cvrp website so the author gets proper credit, I wouldn't want to steal his thunder)

neverseen
03-11-2012, 10:44 PM
shared to my facebook groups wall with the snippet about the author.

Carson
03-11-2012, 10:55 PM
I was born and grew up in San Diego not long after World War Two. It was known as a military town back then.

If people would have seen all of the people missing limbs and the injured, they would never go into war lightly. They didn't have the artificial limbs and devices we have now. Many of the injured were right out there in the open and carrying a heavy burden for the rest of their lives. That was only the burden you could see.

seekingliberty
03-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Thank you for sharing this! The biggest complaint I had against Paul before becoming a supporter was his foreign policy. We bought into the lies. Doesn't help that hubby is a USMC vet and I swear they brainwash them. Now, his foreign policy is one of the biggest reasons why we support Paul. My heart aches for our veterans and their families. I am ashamed I ever supported the neo-cons. We don't vote until June and we are not giving up!

PolicyReader
03-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Thank you all for your posts and involvement :)

I've also updated the OP to make the link to the originating site more clear :)

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Lest we forget, as we near the halfway point in this election, that we are fighting for those who are fighting for us.

ClydeCoulter
03-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Bump this

ClydeCoulter
03-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Rewrite music and record

ClydeCoulter
03-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Policy Reader,
You have a PM with a link to the recorded version of Fires of Dissent written by Nick Allison, music by ClydeCoulter, for RP and the soldiers.

ClydeCoulter
03-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Policy Reader, looking for input on the music from Nick Allison, don't want to make it public without his permission, blessing and input if he likes it but wants parts changed. Or maybe he'll just say, "It sucks" which is okay too :)

anewvoice
03-23-2012, 06:24 PM
man I would love to see that picture on road signs

...or a bumper sticker...hmmm

PolicyReader
03-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Policy Reader, looking for input on the music from Nick Allison, don't want to make it public without his permission, blessing and input if he likes it but wants parts changed. Or maybe he'll just say, "It sucks" which is okay too :)

Great initiative going forward with this :D PM responded to and looking forward to seeing this all come together :)

ClydeCoulter
03-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know where I can put an .mp3 for people to listen to it? I will put it on my YouTube channel after I create a video for it.

KCIndy
03-24-2012, 04:11 PM
I know how politics works, I know how the game is played and I'll play it to win it which includes being civil in how one presents oneself and ideas but that being said, I do not hold respect of chickenhawks in public office, whether that office is President or PCO. I will work with them as I need to to further Liberty but I won't pander and I won't compromise. Most importantly I WILL NOT give up.

Damn straight! I wish everyone in this movement shared the strength of your convictions. Liberty is too precious. We can't surrender.

ClydeCoulter
03-24-2012, 05:47 PM
I have uploaded my version of Fires of Dissent song.
words by Nick Allison, music by Clyde Coulter
I hope you enjoy and share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZRRvV-kGdM&feature=youtu.be

ClydeCoulter
03-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Any of you cool video editors/creators want to help with a better video for the Fires of Dissent music video?

PolicyReader
03-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Shared :) also looking forward to the video re-boot as well. Good work Clyde +rep :)

ClydeCoulter
03-25-2012, 09:55 AM
I have another Anti-War music video (All the Harm) that I recorded and uploaded to my YouTube channel, written some time back, if anyone is interested.
But the words of the song from the Nick Allison of Combat Veterans for Ron Paul is more powerful.

Any input welcome for video or the presentation of the song Fires of Dissent.

ClydeCoulter
03-25-2012, 10:39 AM
:eek: Oh crap, I misspelled Nick Allison's name at the start of the video.
Any of you video gurus know how to replace a video on YouTube without the link changing?

PolicyReader
03-26-2012, 04:49 AM
:eek: Oh crap, I misspelled Nick Allison's name at the start of the video.
Any of you video gurus know how to replace a video on YouTube without the link changing?
quoted for increased visibility (because I don't have the answer)

ClydeCoulter
03-26-2012, 09:01 AM
If any of you video gurus are working on this video, PM me so that I can send you the original wav file (best quality) of the song. I am also thinking of adding more claps toward the end and restarting up the guitars during the credits at the end (if I put the mp3 on replay it really has a nice impact when the music starts over after the chant).
What do you think?

PolicyReader
03-26-2012, 04:18 PM
bump

PolicyReader
03-30-2012, 02:57 AM
bump

PolicyReader
04-05-2012, 04:14 PM
This forum needs another dose. Too much "realism" that ignores reality as it pertains to more than a narrow band focus.

TruckinMike
04-05-2012, 10:28 PM
bump

PolicyReader
04-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Added the musical version to the OP as well. :)

PolicyReader
04-09-2012, 02:54 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/526970_392016334149916_328415557176661_1467844_140 8423341_n.jpg

PolicyReader
04-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Time to redouble our efforts.

ClydeCoulter
04-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Time to redouble our efforts.

Yes it is. Now for the influx of "Santa dropped out" to pass so we can get to work and get Grass Roots topics back to the top and on everyones mind. (here comes the neg rep)

PolicyReader
04-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Yes it is. Now for the influx of "Santa dropped out" to pass so we can get to work and get Grass Roots topics back to the top and on everyones mind. (here comes the neg rep)

Yes focused grassroots action is important. Clear our heads (and threads) and circle the wagons for a big Texas push!

ClydeCoulter
04-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Yes focused grassroots action is important. Clear our heads (and threads) and circle the wagons for a big Texas push!

With a great big, take a deapth breath, and push "In It To Win It 2012" money bomb, maybe make it bigger than the 2007 record breaker :D

PolicyReader
04-10-2012, 05:23 PM
With a great big, take a deapth breath, and push "In It To Win It 2012" money bomb, maybe make it bigger than the 2007 record breaker :D

I am completely behind that idea!

Also here's a little something for your Warriors thread.

Been wanting them? Here's what I'm working on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUSrZfzbj3U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h49vdsxjWes

Thoughts...opinions...feedback? Likes, dislikes? Should they go the way of Big Foot?
Now more than ever it's time to spread these around.

PolicyReader
04-13-2012, 11:09 PM
www.InToWin2012.com let's make history :)

PolicyReader
04-15-2012, 12:59 AM
If all 934,000 people who "liked" the official Ron Paul Facebook page donated $15 to his campaign, that would total $14,010,000. If only half did, it would be a little over $7 million. And if only a quarter did, it would be a little over $3.5 million. The point of my post? There is power in numbers - donate to the cause of liberty on April 15 to show that you are 'In It To Win It'!

I just donated $64 to Ron Paul to help Restore America Now! You can donate too at www.ronpaul2012.com.
Time to make it happen.