PDA

View Full Version : Voting Fraud In Florida ?

buggrock
03-09-2012, 09:11 PM
I am currently registered as a Independent party , but When I went to vote in florida, I was denied my voting rights ?. I was told by the poll workers, since I was not registered as a republican, I had no rights to vote for a GOP candidate ?....and I wasnt the only one at my precinct who was turned down from voting for Ron Paul. I immediately contacted/ called the supervisor at the headquarters voting office in my county. And she told me the same thing ?. Was that legal ?.. I feel I should be able to vote for whoever I want , no matter what party I am registered with!

floridasun1983
03-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Florida is a closed primary state; only registered Republicans can vote for a Republican, only registered Democrats can vote for a Democrat, and an Independent cannot vote for either. Perfectly legal, and its been this way for a long time.

neverseen
03-09-2012, 09:14 PM
SOP. This has always been the case. There are a few states that are considered "open." You should have been aware and changed your party before Jan 3rd. Next time, pay attention. Lesson learned and all that.

opinionatedfool
03-09-2012, 09:35 PM
There was most likely election fraud in every state, but I think in your case there reason was legit and within the rules.

J_White
03-09-2012, 11:15 PM
this is not an example of "voter fraud", but "voter ignorance".