PDA

View Full Version : Is there any chance that AWESOME ad with CCR will actually get aired?

RevolutionSD
11-13-2007, 07:18 PM
I think anyone who sees that ad would INSTANTLY jump on the RP bandwagon!

American
11-13-2007, 07:19 PM
I am sure there would be copyright issues. But I also think that ad is awesome!

nayjevin
11-13-2007, 07:24 PM
what ad is that?

Benaiah
11-13-2007, 07:46 PM
I've scowered the net and can't find out who to call for copyright/permissions.

Churchill2004
11-13-2007, 07:58 PM
what ad is that?

Please. Don't start a thread about an ad/video without linking to it.

Electrostatic
11-13-2007, 08:00 PM
It would be this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc

ValidusCustodiae
11-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Listen, it's pretty cool, but I think you guys are overblowing how good the ad is.

It's not worth paying anyone for the rights, for one. The ad is very well built, technically, but I would like to see its creator make a few more. I'm sure he/she can do better.

Richie
11-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Listen, it's pretty cool, but I think you guys are overblowing how good the ad is.

It's not worth paying anyone for the rights, for one. The ad is very well built, technically, but I would like to see its creator make a few more. I'm sure he/she can do better.

Agreed. I'm sure the creator could find some open/indie stuff to replace the things they don't have permission to.

krott5333
11-13-2007, 08:07 PM
get rid of "if there were" above secure borders.. its so out of place, and its unneccessary

SgtBulldog
11-13-2007, 08:09 PM
He did another video that has different music which is just as (if not more) effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kn5ofxj3TQ

JMO
11-13-2007, 08:14 PM
I just watched it again and i spend so much energy trying to read the words i don't absorb the message or remember the words.

TheNewYorker
11-13-2007, 08:15 PM
this needs to be on TV now!

Ozwest
11-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Wasn't someone contacting Fantasy Records to get some info on costs for the CCR song?

steph3n
11-13-2007, 08:19 PM
MUST have WORDS SPOKEN.

It is not going to work without, you need to ATTRACT people who walk to the kitchen.

Edit: CCR here in Texas means Cross Canadian Ragweed :)

Ozwest
11-13-2007, 08:22 PM
The music and the visuals attract people. That is why people pay attention to it. It's unique.

nullvalu
11-13-2007, 08:24 PM
OMG I hadn't seen that before but that is so professional.. just awesome!! This one should be aired, as is..

Dequeant
11-13-2007, 08:28 PM
I agree this one should be aired as is (with CCR). Someone needs to get with Fantasy Records and see how much this would cost us. Money has never been a limiting issue for this campaign.

AdamT
11-13-2007, 08:31 PM
We're acquiring it for Operation New Hampshire. I have contacted the creator and he's making us a version to use with our PAC. Sorry to say but CCR is definitely not happening. It would cost a fortune and take a long time to get cleared from the record label. We'll have to drop in our own music that we have rights to.

Ozwest
11-13-2007, 08:33 PM
This ad is so damn good (as is) I reckon it might get some free air time on national MSM shows.

Adamsa
11-13-2007, 08:34 PM
With a voice over, this advert is amazing.

Ozwest
11-13-2007, 08:34 PM
We're acquiring it for Operation New Hampshire. I have contacted the creator and he's making us a version to use with our PAC. Sorry to say but CCR is definitely not happening. It would cost a fortune and take a long time to get cleared from the record label. We'll have to drop in our own music that we have rights to.

What did the copyright owners say?

cac1963
11-13-2007, 08:35 PM
He did another video that has different music which is just as (if not more) effective.

I like this one better than the CCR one, especially with the smoother ending. The CCR ad ends too abruptly.

lastnymleft
11-13-2007, 08:40 PM

Collectively, we can raise much; that's been proven. We are even at the point of critical mass, where we have high net worth individuals paying for ads singularly. Let's not close the door without hearing all the facts. Let's hear the licensing figure, to judge its value. We're not *buying* the rights, we're just leasing them. It costs the record company nothing, so every dollar they earn on it goes straight to their bottom line. These things can be negotiated; nothing is hard and fast. The CCR song is particularly good for (1) its pertinence, and (2) it speaks to an older generation - the generation that lived through the Vietnam War, which implicitly draws comparisons with the current war. That's a Good Thing. We've got a large chunk of the younger generation (though we still have to mop up the Obama supporters). It's time to move on up to their parents. And this CCR/Remix ad is the way to go.

With regards to the text, I initially thought it was too small, and poorly oriented, too, but when you run it at full screen, it's really not a problem.

Adamsa
11-13-2007, 08:42 PM
A simple drum beat with some bass will do the job fine.

voortrekker
11-13-2007, 09:02 PM
I think the CCR one was better.

Wish it was longer.

Add some Ron Paul really talking on it would make it better me thinks.

Overall, really GREAT vid, but see above.

freedominnumbers
11-13-2007, 09:11 PM

I don't think the music is nearly as effective in that one. In fact, it actually seems out of sync after watching the CCR one.

Teenforpaul08
11-13-2007, 09:13 PM
I think it's the best Ron Paul ad so far along with this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNCIg99R_fU

All this one needs are some more professional visuals.

RONPAUL2008

maxmerkel
11-13-2007, 09:16 PM
typical industry prices seem to hover around 5-15k for licensing music
*30sec in a national TV ad
*1 year period of use
*non-commercial use (i think political campaign qualifies as such ?)

i might be way cheaper for a shorter period/just one ad, or it might be more expensive because of the hit status the song has - i really don't know - we should try to find out

Cap'n Crunk
11-13-2007, 09:20 PM
I think it's the best Ron Paul ad so far along with this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNCIg99R_fU

All this one needs are some more professional visuals.

RONPAUL2008

I love this one!!!

lastnymleft
11-17-2007, 10:51 PM
*1 year period of use

i might be way cheaper for a shorter period/just one ad, or it might be more expensive because of the hit status the song has - i really don't know - we should try to find out

If your ballpark figures are correct, this is doable. Not only doable, but should be done. I'll follow up with Adam (frankdogg), the ad creator. I believe he was making enquiries.

Ozwest
11-17-2007, 11:06 PM
*1 year period of use

I was always under the impression it would be more expensive than 5-15k. What's stopping us then? Someone with some expertise in the field contact the copyright owners and let's get this groundbreaking ad to air! Anybody out there knowledgeable in these matters gonna stand up and volunteer their services for the grassroots?

born2drv
11-17-2007, 11:14 PM
my thoughts....

1. both are very good (music wise)
2. music is irrelevent --- as long as it provokes an emotion, it doesn't need to be by a major artist
3. i disagree with the voice over, especially if airing in NH, IA, etc.... they're bombarded with so many ads over there with professional voiceovers, the best voice is the voice in their head. this ad is unique, it makes people think.... i think it's very effective.
4. as a non-traditional ad both in style, and by the fact it was created by a paul supporter, i think it would attract MSM all on it's own.

leonster
11-17-2007, 11:14 PM
I was always under the impression it would be more expensive than 5-15k. What's stopping us then? Someone with some expertise in the field contact the copyright owners and let's get this groundbreaking ad to air! Anybody out there knowledgeable in these matters gonna stand up and volunteer their services for the grassroots?

I remember someone talking about $100,000 or more.

$10,000 is VERY reasonable for a professional-looking TV ad.

Let's do it!

tremendoustie
11-17-2007, 11:18 PM
my thoughts....

1. both are very good (music wise)
2. music is irrelevent --- as long as it provokes an emotion, it doesn't need to be by a major artist
3. i disagree with the voice over, especially if airing in NH, IA, etc.... they're bombarded with so many ads over there with professional voiceovers, the best voice is the voice in their head. this ad is unique, it makes people think.... i think it's very effective.
4. as a non-traditional ad both in style, and by the fact it was created by a paul supporter, i think it would attract MSM all on it's own.

I agree, better without a voiceover. This ad is terrific, it needs to be run no matter what the music situation, and as soon as possible. Do any of the advertising pacs want to take the initiative to run this in NH and NV? I don't think it'd be as good for Iowa.

leonster
11-17-2007, 11:47 PM
I agree, better without a voiceover. This ad is terrific, it needs to be run no matter what the music situation, and as soon as possible. Do any of the advertising pacs want to take the initiative to run this in NH and NV? I don't think it'd be as good for Iowa.

It seems like it would be relatively easy for someone to substitute some other issues of "local importance" for different markets, if it starts "catchin' on"...