PDA

View Full Version : FAA Takes First Step To Allow UAVs To Fly In U.S.

Lucille
03-09-2012, 04:27 PM
FAA Takes First Step To Allow UAVs To Fly In U.S. (http://defense.aol.com/2012/03/08/faa-takes-first-step-to-allow-uavs-to-fly-in-u-s/)

The armed forces, which otherwise will have to park hundreds of camera-carrying drones after the war in Afghanistan ends, are desperate for the FAA to come up with regulations and procedures that will let unarmed UAS fly routinely in the national air space – outside military ranges -- for training, natural disaster response and homeland security missions.

I guess they just figure it would be a damn shame for them to go to waste.

"There clearly is a lot of congressional interest in these test sites," said Ben Gielow, chief lobbyist for the Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International, which helped write the UAS provisions in the FAA act. "I am aware of at least 24 states that are interested in these test sites, but I wouldn't be surprised if that goes to 50 by the time folks are knowledgeable and aware of these provisions."

Yeah, me either.

flightlesskiwi
03-09-2012, 04:32 PM
The armed forces, which otherwise will have to park hundreds of camera-carrying drones after the war in Afghanistan ends,

LMAO...

"war" and "ends"

what a bunch of wishful thinkers!!

wait, oooooh... i guess the gist of the article is that "the domestic war will be unabashedly 'enhanced' and absolutely all of your privacy will be attempted to taken away by the addition of drones in a few years."

tod evans
03-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Nobody I know in the "armed forces" wants to fly drone surveillance of US citizens.

Wonder which politician/legislator is pushing this nonsense?

Kylie
03-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Nobody I know in the "armed forces" wants to fly drone surveillance of US citizens.

Wonder which politician/legislator is pushing this nonsense?

Graham and McCain, I'll bet.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-09-2012, 06:56 PM

Maybe not, but I have a feeling they will. Or they will just train DHS employees for the job.

flightlesskiwi
03-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Maybe not, but I have a feeling they will. Or they will just train DHS employees for the job.

if the prospects are looking good, many in the .mil drone world will be getting out of the .mil to take a civilian .gov drone job (which pays much better).

Noob
03-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Tell the FAA: Don't let aerial drones spy on Americans

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/faa_drones_dp/?r=5538173&id=36335-1607920-oCXeDLx